PDA

View Full Version : SECTIONF8 F86E SABRE FX conversion

yago9
January 30th, 2009, 07:32
Works very well in FX but you need to modify 3 files to have a clear transparent VC glass...Very easy to do..Paint this 3 files in a perfect BLACK. Add a thumbnail in the texture folder and modify aircraft.cfg FX style. Due to license terms and conditions by authors I can not upload
modified interior texture files..

1.f86jv_glas_vcanopy

2.f86jv_glas_vcleft

3.f86jv_glas_vcmid

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/yago9/photoshop.jpg

VaporZ
January 30th, 2009, 09:46
Hello Yago9

Can you arrange this with Section8 team to
do an easy to install "autoupdate" that could
be available from their website ?
:typing:
VaporZ

Flork
January 30th, 2009, 09:56
I have the textures converted, PM me.

yago9
January 30th, 2009, 10:25
My advise would be not to install the Effects for this aircraft since are FS9 and they look bad in FX.Gauges are zipped inside Panel folder they are working fine in FX.
You dont need any special texture conversion from the original package ,except those 3 VC glass files. DDS files may be a bit faster to load though.
VaporZ, i do not have any special leverage with SectionF8 but i think a FX version was promised a while back.Until then this version will do just fine for me.

Daube
January 30th, 2009, 10:29
This sabre will work in FSX SP2 without any modification if you install the service pack one for this plane.

yago9
January 30th, 2009, 10:31
This sabre will work in FSX SP2 without any modification if you install the service pack one for this plane.

Yea, i didnt know about a FX pk...I just found this at AVSIM.So here,s the easy way:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=130199

But..No DDS files , no thumbnail image in each texture folder..so I dont need it.

Daube
January 30th, 2009, 15:03
There are some texture changes and effect changes that lead to better performance nevertheless. There is also some correction regarding some instruments (radio if I remember well). Anybody flying the Sabre on FSX should apply this support package.

Bjoern
February 1st, 2009, 14:20
But..No DDS files , no thumbnail image in each texture folder..so I dont need it.

Have you even taken a closer look at it?

One of the results of my "upgrade" is all textures being in .dds format.

Additionally, the "handmade conversion" has already been discussed upon the Sabre's release.

Thumbnails can be generated via a handy little tool named "FSX thumbnail generator" (or something like that) avaible on Avsim.

yago9
February 1st, 2009, 18:31

Great, what i saw inside the upgrade, textures were all BMP format..but if u got DDS somehow it,s even better..I already made my thumbnail shots , that why I dont need it.

Lipra
February 2nd, 2009, 05:55
This is my first attemp to convert a fs9 model to fsx and I have run into a couple of problems. First In the select aircraft screen it showes greyed out I assume I have a picture in the wrong place or format. Second when I press any button on the joystick or attempt to take up the pc freezes and I have to do a reboot. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Bjoern
February 2nd, 2009, 06:48
Great, what i saw inside the upgrade, textures were all BMP format..but if u got DDS somehow it,s even better..I already made my thumbnail shots , that why I dont need it.

Imagetool + batch conversion + model hack = .dds textures.

Lipra
February 2nd, 2009, 06:58
I had to change my graphics driver to prove a problem with OFF and should have remembered that I had had problems in the past which is why I changed them in the first place. Now to tackle the select problem.

PS flys like a dream

sorted both problems

Boelcke
February 5th, 2009, 01:29

no, didnīt work for me

gary42127
February 5th, 2009, 15:22

Additionally, the "handmade conversion" has already been discussed upon the Sabre's release.

Thumbnails can be generated via a handy little tool named "FSX thumbnail generator" (or something like that) avaible on Avsim.

I had installed the F-86 in FSX, and it was working well except for the VC glass.

Today, I downloaded and ran the FSX conversion from Avsim, and now none of the aircraft show up in FSX.

I have a backup of the original files, so nothing is really lost....but I could use some help figuring out why the conversion isn't working.

gary42127
February 6th, 2009, 06:44
I did a fresh install in FSX and then did the conversion, and everything seems to be working fine except that I can't seem to get the speed brake to activate using the "/" key.

Bjoern
February 7th, 2009, 05:46
I have no idea about the spped brake bug, but glad the conversion worked on the second try.

Navy Chief
February 12th, 2009, 18:11
I tried to get through the ReadMe file that came with the FSX update file. Even with Word Wrap on, I got a headache, just trying to understand it.

I will have to wait until a FSX version comes out, because I KNOW I will mess this up.

NC

SpaceWeevil
February 12th, 2009, 22:57
I tried to get through the ReadMe file that came with the FSX update file. Even with Word Wrap on, I got a headache, just trying to understand it.

I will have to wait until a FSX version comes out, because I KNOW I will mess this up.

NC

If you open the ReadMe in Wordpad instead of Notepad it formats perfectly. After that, the batch file does all the hard work!

Bjoern
February 13th, 2009, 02:36
Even with Word Wrap on, I got a headache, just trying to understand it.

And here I was thinking that I made the readme as understandable as possible.

I *could* have turned the readme into a novel, but I'm german and therefor no man of big words...efficiency and stuff. :d

However, I could elaborate single issues a bit further if the right questions are asked. ;)

dharris
February 13th, 2009, 04:54
Hi Bjoern, you said you could elaborate single issue if the right questions are asked. Would one of those that currently come to mind is , what's for breakfast! Great job!!:ernae:

Navy Chief
February 13th, 2009, 05:10
And here I was thinking that I made the readme as understandable as possible.

I *could* have turned the readme into a novel, but I'm german and therefor no man of big words...efficiency and stuff. :d

However, I could elaborate single issues a bit further if the right questions are asked. ;)

No, you did a great job of explaining. I just need to open the document in Word Pad! I am not giving up. Was late last night when I even attempted it. Thank you for your hard work! NC

Bjoern
February 13th, 2009, 05:54
Would one of those that currently come to mind is ,
what's for breakfast! Great job!!:ernae:
LoL! :costumes:

If in doubt, it's always toast or rolls plus marmalade, honey or chocolate cream plus juice plus coffee. All served anywhen between 1200 and 1600. At least that's what my weekend breakfasts are like. ;) :d

No, you did a great job of explaining. I just need to open the document in Word Pad! I am not giving up. Was late last night when I even attempted it. Thank you for your hard work! NC

Oh, okay.

You could as well try to open it in MS Word...or Notepad2 (http://www.flos-freeware.ch/zip/notepad2.zip) (better than its MS counterpart)...or you could simply download this .pdf version of the readme (quick conversion, save by right clicking on it and "save link as").
You may feel special, since I've just converted it for you! But don't expect a word of dedication in it. :costumes:

GT182
February 13th, 2009, 05:55
A separate, full FSX model of the Sabre will released by SectionF8 once it's done! Made with permission from Jan Visser and the rest of the SectionF8 team. This is from the download readme at Avsim.

I think I'll wait for the full FSX model.

Bjoern
February 13th, 2009, 05:58
I think I'll wait for the full FSX model.

Scared of batch files? :d

Navy Chief
February 13th, 2009, 06:42
LoL! :costumes:
you could simply download this .pdf version of the readme (quick conversion, save by right clicking on it and "save link as").
You may feel special, since I've just converted it for you! But don't expect a word of dedication in it. :costumes:

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!! :faint:

Even without a "word of dedication", I feel special!

But then, my wife keeps telling me I am. But sometimes I think she is just telling stories.....HA!

NC

Bjoern
February 14th, 2009, 07:37
But then, my wife keeps telling me I am. But sometimes I think she is just telling stories.....HA!

Hahahahaha, no problem! :d :costumes:

Navy Chief
February 14th, 2009, 19:40
Ok, update on things.

I was successful, for the most part. I printed out the instructions, and very slowly went though it all, step by step.

The only problems I am experiencing are repaint textures. Out of the 11 or so repaints, I think only 3-4 of them are showing correctly. The rest are completely black, except for the cockpit.

Am hoping the fix for these problems are a cut and paste procedure. But for now, I am satisfied with the few textures that are ok!!

This aircraft is awesome!

Thanks.

Chief

Bjoern
February 15th, 2009, 09:07
You mean the eleven repaints that came with the release?
(Base pack + repaint pack)
Not a good sign. The base and repaint pack should have been covered by the batch files.
You seeing black aircraft now is because the model file is set to recognize only *.dds type textures after the upgrade.

Navy Chief
February 15th, 2009, 09:49
Oh well. I will be satisfied with just a couple then. I don't think I have the patience (leastwise anytime soon!) to go through the process again!!!

Thanks anyway.
NC

Bjoern
February 15th, 2009, 10:31
Alright, it's your decision.

Enjoy the Sabre! :)

datter
February 15th, 2009, 10:34
I almost balked at the entire thing when I realized I'd have to deal with converting textures and such, but I'm very glad I went through it all. I wonder why a final converted FSX version couldn't be put on the site so that folks could just download, unpack and fly? Maybe two flavors... the smaller one with a couple of repaints and a larger one with all of them, both all converted/patched and ready to go.