PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm.....

hews500d
January 30th, 2009, 07:21
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11752&Itemid=1

Darrell

N332DW
January 30th, 2009, 07:59
i call acceleration and addon pack - i call the hellcat an addon aircraft. so! we now now the identity of one of the six final "cylons" , who will the others be? hmmmmmm

mike_cyul
January 30th, 2009, 09:31
In case you just want the text:

"Expansion rights go to startup Mamba Games

The news that Microsoft dissolved the ACES Studio responsible for Microsoft’s Flight Simulator product really caught everyone by surprise; but even though we know at least from Microsoft the title is as dead as dead can be, Mamba Games has announced that they have secured the global rights to six Microsoft Flight Simulator X add-on packs that will be released over a two-year period.

Mamba Games is a start-up company that is being headed by former THQ executive, Robert Nielson, and the company made the announcement about securing the rights to the six add-on packs for Flight Simulator X.

The first add-on that will be released is the Grumman F6F Hellcat, which was developed by ReadFlight and is scheduled for release on March 27th.

Mamba didn’t even let the news of bringing out the Flight Simulator X add-ons sink in before the company also announced that it has The Lost Crown: A Ghost-hunting Adventure on tap for the PC that should start shipping on the 27th of March, as well. The Lost Crown is created by independent adventure game creator Jonathan Boakes of Dark Fall fame.

The company is also planning the release of the PC title Pyroblazer, which is a combat racing game that comes from Serbian developer Eipix that will be released in Germany, Australia, and Switzerland on March 27th, as well. The company also has Matchman from TF-H Co Ltd on track for the Nintendo DS, with a release planned in the second quarter of this year, as well as a Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 3 version that are expected to be launched later in the year."

Interesting.

Mike

Snuffy
January 30th, 2009, 09:39
Yep, I gotta agree ... big difference between an "expansion" and an "add-on".

I hope they get it right soon.

Railrunner130
January 31st, 2009, 05:10
Let me get this straight-
This IMPLIES that these six add-on packs were designed either for or by Microsoft. This doesn't mean that they were.

If they weren't, this really isn't much news. It just means there's another competitor for payware software companies.

Am I right?

harleyman
January 31st, 2009, 05:11
I read it that way to Railrunner.......:friday: