PDA

View Full Version : Close one...

dasuto247
June 22nd, 2015, 19:00
Mission I created(plan to release soon) recreates The Battle of the Bismarck Sea. I was flying the second mission in a B-25 skip bomber/strafer as one of the 14 or so B-25's that went back after the first wave rained havoc.In addition to finding sinking ships(accomplished via the shipwrecks objects I found on here, adds to the immersion) and DD's tooling around on rescue duty, found a few ships still afloat.After we finished off the transports, I had ammo left so began strafing runs on DD's(JMK Fubuki) made one run and set the stern on fire, then turned attention to next in line, , strafing the bridge, which caught fire, but as was pulling out, lost control of my plane, nearly crashed.My nose was on fire, I sped away contemplating bailing out but fire burned out quickly.I headed for Dododura area knowing my ship would not climb the mountains to get back to Port Moresby.After a struggle to keep the plane airborne and engines running rough, I made it back.Buna field was packed with returning planes, so diverted to one of the Dobodura fields nearby, when my right engine failed.I attempted to low my gear, the rear gear came down, but nose wheel would not, even manually would not come down.I decided to raise wheels for a belly landing.At 200 feet just as as glding in left engine quit, slammed into the ground roughly but no crash.Made it home.

TheBookie
June 22nd, 2015, 22:19
How things have changed since the first Battle of the Bismarck Sea came out back in 2003 or 2004. At the time it was a landmark campaign.There were no planes setup for skip bombing at the time and no Beaufort. There was a Beaufighter though which was a new plane.

By 2010 it was redone with new B-25's that could skip bomb thanks to Pen32Win and Tango Romeo.The FDG donation ware B-17,now free,was made into a skip bomber by Talon and a Beaufort and new Beaufighters came out.Those Beaufighters could sink the Usio DD's and Cargo ships with just their guns and cannons.

Would be nice to see what you come up with for this historical battle.

dasuto247
June 23rd, 2015, 11:26
How things have changed since the first Battle of the Bismarck Sea came out back in 2003 or 2004. At the time it was a landmark campaign.There were no planes setup for skip bombing at the time and no Beaufort. There was a Beaufighter though which was a new plane.

By 2010 it was redone with new B-25's that could skip bomb thanks to Pen32Win and Tango Romeo.The FDG donation ware B-17,now free,was made into a skip bomber by Talon and a Beaufort and new Beaufighters came out.Those Beaufighters could sink the Usio DD's and Cargo ships with just their guns and cannons.

Would be nice to see what you come up with for this historical battle.

Yes, it amazes me how far CFS 2 has come 15 years since it was released.Enjoy it more than any other flight sim, especially since there is so much for the PTO. I will release the Bismarck Sea missions soon as work out some kinks, working fine overall though. Also, for some reason I can not get the B-17 skip bomber to work, it will never install properly.

miamieagle
June 24th, 2015, 06:50
There is not enough PTO dedicated flight Simulation around.:wavey: