PDA

View Full Version : Missing taxiways when using FSX scenery in P3D

JensOle
June 19th, 2015, 02:20
Hello,

I have tried to install the German AB sceneries found on this page in P3D
http://fsx-milaip.de/startseite/meine-fsx-szenerien/neuburg-ab-v-1/

The sceneries themselves shows up, but not the taxiways, just the center markingline. Is it a mesh difference problem or are there any other fix?
Sort of sad to not have a home for all the great Luftwaffe and MF Starfighter paints..

Penz
June 19th, 2015, 03:11
What you are seeing is probably the difference between FSX and P3D when it comes to drawing taxiways - as far as I'm informed, in FSX, aprons and some taxiways are drawn regardless of the "draw flag" settings; not so in P3D.

The cure is not far away though, Airport Design Editor (ADE) has a tool specifically aimed at correcting "draw flag" issues.

See this explanation and "how-to" by Scruffyduck himself: https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/199756-setting-taxi-link-draw-flags-to-default-values

It deals with taxi links, but the procedure for aprons is exactly the same. :)

JensOle
June 19th, 2015, 03:48
Thanks for the help. It very much seem to be the problem. I have got ADE and is trying it out, having a problem with getting it to compile at the moment.

JensOle
June 19th, 2015, 04:01
Do you have any advice on this error message?

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.
The compiler message is shown below
ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: D:\Programmer\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 165\!AdeTempWorkOnly\ETSN_ADEP2_ADE.xml
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)
ERROR: 9955, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2952: Attribute 'transparent' is not allowed in element 'Runway'!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <Runway>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:
ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <Airport
ERROR: country = Germany
ERROR: city = Neuburg
ERROR: name = Neuburg AB
ERROR: lat = 48.7110001221299
ERROR: lon = 11.2115000188351
ERROR: alt = 380.695M
ERROR: magvar = -1
ERROR: trafficScalar = 0.7
ERROR: airportTestRadius = 5000.0M
ERROR: ident = ETSN
ERROR: <Runway
ERROR: lat = 48.7110001221299
ERROR: lon = 11.2115000188351
ERROR: alt = 380.695M
ERROR: surface = ASPHALT
ERROR: transparent = FALSE
ERROR: heading = 90.870002746582
ERROR: length = 2448.76M
ERROR: width = 29.87M
ERROR: number = 09
ERROR: designator = NONE
ERROR: patternAltitude = 304.8M
ERROR: primaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR: primaryLanding = YES
ERROR: primaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR: secondaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR: secondaryLanding = YES
ERROR: secondaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #0 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #1 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #2 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #3 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #4 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #5 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #656 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2591: Taxi path #657 references a non-existent Runway #9 at airport ETSN.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

hschuit
June 19th, 2015, 04:27
Looks like a problem with the black runway taxi links or the runway itself. I checked my own copy and these links have Surface=True, Detail=True (after the P3D taxi link fix). FYI I attached my files.

JensOle
June 19th, 2015, 04:37
Thanks! Have you done the rework to any other of the german airbases?

Neuburg is sort of special for me as it is one of a few Luftwaffe bases I have actually been to. We flew both into and out of Neuburg when my old unit was a month training at the German army Infantry school at Hammelburg. Luftwaffe Transall back to Norway with a heavy headwind, 6-7 hours flight time if I remember correctly.. The other is Holzdorf in the east.

hschuit
June 19th, 2015, 04:53
I have fixed several of Uwe's afcads for P3Dv2.5, PM me if you want my files:
Baden-Sollingen RCAF
Buchel
Eggebek
Hohn
Husum
Jever
Kiel Holtenau
Lechfeld
Manching AB
Neuburg
Oldenburg
Schleswig

falcon409
June 19th, 2015, 06:29
I ran into missing taxiways, etc with many of the airports in the Vietnam War Project. I also got compiler errors which led me to post a copy of one of the error messages in FSDeveloper. The answer was to run the fault finder, let it find the problems (many times nodes are not connected or errant start points or overlapping nodes). Once I started running fault finder first before resetting the draw flags I eliminated any compiler errors.