PDA

View Full Version : UK Waypoints

Wings of Gold
June 12th, 2015, 20:07
Hi Guys,

I am getting desperate to find the following waypoints in UK: EG10, EGDA, EGF1, EGU1, EGU8, EGU9, EGUD, EGXI, EGY1, EGZ9, K204, LXG3 and SWE7. If you can either tell me where to locate any of them, or are willing to send them to me, PLEASE contact me. I have looked everywhere that I can think of. I have a wonderful traffic file (Traffic_Retro_Vulcan_FSX.bgl - may have originally been Fs9) that needs them, and I can no longer contact the author. Any help will be most appreciated.

Bill

DaveWG
June 12th, 2015, 22:05
You'll probably find they're included with various MAIW (http://www.militaryaiworks.com/index.html) packages, but I don't think you can download them individually. I've got some you mention, but not all.

PHo17
June 12th, 2015, 23:32
Are those waypoints hidden in bgl files? Is there any possibilty to create own waypoint? Needed software?

hschuit
June 13th, 2015, 00:26
The MAIW packages add the waypoint BGL files in the MAIW addon scenery folders, they are named like AF2_EGU8.bgl (RAF Boulmer SAR point 4). You can also make them yourself with the awesome freeware tool Airport Design Editor X (aka ADEX, created by John Masterson).
Basically they are simple airport AFCAD's with only a control tower viewpoint and an invisible, short dummy runway.

Dave Torkington
June 13th, 2015, 01:13
Hi Bill,

Do you have this sorted?

If not I'll gladly make you a new FSX traffic file if you can send me the AI Aircraft and flight plan [if you have one] or route details.

Regards.

DaleRFU
June 13th, 2015, 01:51
Hi Guys,

I am getting desperate to find the following waypoints in UK: EG10, EGDA, EGF1, EGU1, EGU8, EGU9, EGUD, EGXI, EGY1, EGZ9, K204, LXG3 and SWE7. If you can either tell me where to locate any of them, or are willing to send them to me, PLEASE contact me. I have looked everywhere that I can think of. I have a wonderful traffic file (Traffic_Retro_Vulcan_FSX.bgl - may have originally been Fs9) that needs them, and I can no longer contact the author. Any help will be most appreciated.

Bill

Hi Bill,

if this is from the package that can be found on flightsim.com and utilizes John Young's AI Vulcan then that is the packages that I made a few years ago. From memory the waypoint's I use were from those included in MAIW packages. And the ai file was for fs9 but you should be able to covert them ok

PHo17
June 13th, 2015, 07:27
The MAIW packages add the waypoint BGL files in the MAIW addon scenery folders, they are named like AF2_EGU8.bgl (RAF Boulmer SAR point 4). You can also make them yourself with the awesome freeware tool Airport Design Editor X (aka ADEX, created by John Masterson).
Basically they are simple airport AFCAD's with only a control tower viewpoint and an invisible, short dummy runway.

Fine, thanks! Can I also use those with AI traffic? If so, should I use "touch and goes" on those dummy airports (waypoints)?

I tried to make AI traffic to some tricky airports like Lukla - didn't succeed with traditional methods. AI airplanes couldn't make it over high mountains (airplanes appeared on airports but couldn't fly there). Putting these waypoints through valleys might do the job.

Pekka

hschuit
June 13th, 2015, 08:42
Fine, thanks! Can I also use those with AI traffic? If so, should I use "touch and goes" on those dummy airports (waypoints)?

I tried to make AI traffic to some tricky airports like Lukla - didn't succeed with traditional methods. AI airplanes couldn't make it over high mountains (airplanes appeared on airports but couldn't fly there). Putting these waypoints through valleys might do the job.

Pekka

Yes, add TNG and make sure the next leg DEP time is within 10 min of the ETA of the current leg to make sure the AI will not land but instead will fly on to the next destination.

Wings of Gold
June 13th, 2015, 11:50
Hi Again guys,

Thanks to a lot of help from all of you, I am down to needing only three more waypoints to have fully functional Vulcan traffic. The three that I still need are EG10, LXG3 and SWE7. I know that EG10 is from the UK, but I don't recognize the last two codes. Anyone know which countries they are from? I suspect they are not UK because of the non-EG prefix?

Bill

DaveWG
June 13th, 2015, 12:05
I've found SWE7. It's in the Gripen package from MAIW (http://www.militaryaiworks.com/packages/sweden.html).
You can run the installer and point it to a temp directory then just copy the MAIW_AF_SWE7.bgl across if you don't want to have the whole lot installed in FSX.

DaveB
June 13th, 2015, 12:08
Might LXG be Gib related? Still doesn't help much if you don't know which MAIW set goes there.

ATB
DaveB:)

Wings of Gold
June 13th, 2015, 12:24
Hi Dave,

Thanks for finding it. I have downloaded the MAIW Gripens Scenery_Mike Guenthner. I am looking in the MAIW Swedish Air Bases/Scenery folder. I don't see a BGL with SWE7. What am I missing/done wrong?

BR, Bill

DaveWG
June 13th, 2015, 12:42
Look in "addon scenery/scenery".

Wings of Gold
June 13th, 2015, 13:39
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the location (I know enough to look there - so why didn't I do it?).

LXG3 is almost certainly Gibraltar related, as well as MAIW - I'll scratch my head on this one. Need to go there for another search for EG10 anyway,

Bill

DaleRFU
June 13th, 2015, 23:51
LXG3 is in Gib, I can't seem to find it in my files, will keep looking for them

DaleRFU
June 13th, 2015, 23:53
LXG3 is in fs2004airafbuccaneer.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=171949) on flightsim.com

DaveB
June 14th, 2015, 08:12
LXG3 is in fs2004airafbuccaneer.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=171949) on flightsim.com

Good find Dale. I downloaded a shed load of MAIW files yesterday in the vain hope of finding it.. goes without saying I didn't!! Bill will be a very happy bunny now;)

ATB
DaveB:)