PDA

View Full Version : Moving In

Willy
June 7th, 2015, 07:23
Yep, when my favorite Seafire (Aeroplane Heaven) is in a FS install, you know I'm moving in for the duration. Now to figure out where the carriers are and how to get it to work with them...

Had to replace the prop which has become a "do it before anything else" and had some gauge problems to sort out, but I now know that it's quite flyable in X.

Dumonceau
June 7th, 2015, 10:24
That looks very nice Willy! And for a portover the FPS seem nice too!!

Johan

Tako_Kichi
June 7th, 2015, 11:59
You might be facing a new learning curve Willy...............the carriers MOVE in FSX!!!!!!!!!!

Don't drop it short or there WILL be a SPLOOSH!!!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

PRB
June 7th, 2015, 13:23
Nice pics Willy! I think you will find landing on carriers a bit easier now that they move, like they're supposed to. Makes your approach speed a little slower! :adoration:

TARPSBird
June 7th, 2015, 14:41
Willy, is the H6-X paint job on your Seafire available for d/l somewhere?

Willy
June 8th, 2015, 04:29
Thanks guys. Tarps, I think that one came with original AH download. For freeware, it was pretty darn good back then. I do have a few more paints as well that were done for CFS 2 (Morton?) that seem to work quite good in FS of course. So far H6-X is the only one that's got the full conversion process. That one is kind of special to me as I flew it around the world only landing on carriers (I added a ton of old straight deck carriers to FS9 just for that trip)

TARPSBird
June 8th, 2015, 13:42
Over the weekend I downloaded A.F. Scrub's FSX-modified version of the AH Seafire. Don't know how much his version differs from the original but it's a nice plane. If I can avoid nosing over when I trap on the carrier I'll be OK. :biggrin-new:

Lewis-A2A
June 8th, 2015, 15:39
Welcome to FSX land, sure you will love it! :ernaehrung004: