PDA

View Full Version : Blood on Cockpit!

Joshmayer
January 29th, 2009, 16:42
Some way or mod to make the pilot bleeding? Like in IL2, I want more realism ^^

lewis11777
January 29th, 2009, 17:43
O-1Driver is one of the best effects people and probably the best one to ask if this can be done. I was thinking that you could use the bullet strike waterspray effect by getting it to spray out from the pilot and coloring it blood red. That would seem to be possible if you created it as a dammage effect and placed it under the "break pilot" damage category in the aircraft xpd.

Joshmayer
January 29th, 2009, 17:55
Looks Cool ^^...

Cameljockey
January 29th, 2009, 18:19
They had gore in WW2 Fighters. It was an add on. Blood spattered canopy, bullet holes etc. Ah the memories!

CJ

Joshmayer
January 29th, 2009, 18:46
Final Result: No mod or add-on... So someone wants to create? :d

O-1Driver
January 29th, 2009, 18:52
O-1Driver is one of the best effects people and probably the best one to ask if this can be done. I was thinking that you could use the bullet strike waterspray effect by getting it to spray out from the pilot and coloring it blood red. That would seem to be possible if you created it as a dammage effect and placed it under the "break pilot" damage category in the aircraft xpd.

Thanks for the compliment Lewis but my knowledge of effects is like 1st Grade compared to Fox (Guy Greenberg). He is the true master for sure. I got in to it because I had to after Fox went in to retirement, we had no choice when we were working on Solomons.

We can take a look at it some time down the road, we are a little behind the curve with workload right now with ETO 1.2 (which is in testing) and the upcoming MAW project.

What is great is that you guys keep coming up with ideas for more and better stuff and that is what keeeps making ETO and CFS 3 better, so keep it coming.

Best Regards

Steve

Joshmayer
January 29th, 2009, 19:07
Thanks O-1Driver for the final complement... This is for later.

Thank all of you :wiggle:

Joshmayer
January 29th, 2009, 19:08
Any help in my other thread about a problem with my CFS3? :help:

Pat Pattle
January 29th, 2009, 21:54
Never been a fan of blood in the cockpit myself, I think it's disrespectful to the real pilots. That sort of effect is ok for games.

Cockpit damage on the other hand is ok, IL2 is good in that respect. I don't think it can be done in cfs3 though as the cockpit model is a different entity.

lewis11777
January 30th, 2009, 00:31
Clive I don't intend any disrespect toward the pilots I just like the immersion factor. Like any other add on we upload, it would be optional for those who didn't care for the effect. Nigel came up with the brilliant idea of the pilot scream which got the pilot to sound off when fatally wounded. I added multiple scream sounds to that and it just makes it more realistic when you get shot down. The realsim factor is what does it for some of us.

Respectfully!

Pat Pattle
January 30th, 2009, 03:12
Lol, I quite understand Lewis :), I was just voicing an opinion, I guess I'm an old hippy at heart.:naturesm:

My son plays Call of duty, there's a switch in that to add more gore, perhaps cfs3 players could get their other halves to squirt ketchup over them whilst playing! :costumes:

Mathias
January 30th, 2009, 04:22
IIRC there's a tag in cfsexport.dle related to cockpit damage textures, though it's nowhere documented. Probably de-activated just like the infantry.
BTW, that stock infantry marches just fine if you rename it to something else than infantry. Build in blacklist that is for a better wallmart kids rating. :gossip:

scoutII
January 30th, 2009, 05:05
How about - Your plane reacts to damage, so... is there a way to make the pilot react to injury ?? Say shot in the arm makes the plane even harder to fly or something - shot in the leg and you lose one rudder control??:focus:

Nonato
January 30th, 2009, 06:12
How about - Your plane reacts to damage, so... is there a way to make the pilot react to injury ?? Say shot in the arm makes the plane even harder to fly or something - shot in the leg and you lose one rudder control??:focus:

Just to kindly remind my old request for pilots signs of hypoxia from flying at high altitudes...
In general I agree with Pattie.

scoutII
January 30th, 2009, 10:06
Not looking for a visual effect, but a "you've been hit:wounded in right leg" = less responsive rudder control....along with your plane being torn up from the outside view.:Banane37:

Joshmayer
January 30th, 2009, 11:34
About ethical factors I think this is just an additional factor of realism to the game :typing:

Other things like effects pos-damage is a great idea too.
Lewis do you can pass me this cool things I don't understood ok, but you have finished it?

Sorry for my english

Thanks, see my two other Threads... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=9417 and http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=98979#post98979

O-1Driver
January 30th, 2009, 12:06
We used to kid our friends who were flying Over Flanders with us on line when they wanted more realism. We told them to put a large fan up on the desk in front of them and turn it on so they could feel the wind in their face. Then ask the wife to throw water in it to simulate rain in an open cockpit. Then finally you could take some castor oil, mix it with fireplace soot to get the right color and have her pour that in the fan.

The problem is with this plan is if asked I am sure some of our wives would be glad to throw this stuff at us.

Best Regards

Steve

Joshmayer
January 30th, 2009, 12:23
kkkkkk very funny

mongoose
January 30th, 2009, 13:53
Some way or mod to make the pilot bleeding? Like in IL2, I want more realism ^^

Perhaps we could come up with some system whereby electrodes are attached to the players so that if they are hit then they feel some real pain. How would that be for immersion?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Joshmayer
January 30th, 2009, 15:57
Well if do not make real damage I'm get in! :woot:

lewis11777
February 1st, 2009, 05:10
IIRC there's a tag in cfsexport.dle related to cockpit damage textures

Mathias I looked everywhere for this file and a search turned up nothing. Where exactly is this file?

Pat Pattle
February 1st, 2009, 22:51
Mathias I looked everywhere for this file and a search turned up nothing. Where exactly is this file?

It's a file in the Gmax cfs3 plug-in Lewis (from the cfs3 insider website)

remcoc
February 2nd, 2009, 00:49
And for real immersion: what we miss flying behind our computers is fear. We will never die behind our machines because of bullits coming out of our screens.
So the electrode-thing can work very good: real pain! But what about having to pay a month salary to SOH eacht time you are shotdown? Makes your sweat a lot more realistic too!
:typing:

CrisGer
February 2nd, 2009, 08:41
BTW, that stock infantry marches just fine if you rename it to something else than infantry.

infantry is deactivated?? how do we turn them back on?

loverboy1
February 2nd, 2009, 09:35
this is good no matter which you read it "

We used to kid our friends who were flying Over Flanders with us on line when they wanted more realism. We told them to put a large fan up on the desk in front of them and turn it on so they could feel the wind in their face. Then ask the wife to throw water in it to simulate rain in an open cockpit. Then finally you could take some castor oil, mix it with fireplace soot to get the right color and have her pour that in the fan.

The problem is with this plan is if asked I am sure some of our wives would be glad to throw this stuff at us.

Best Regards

Steve

Mathias
February 2nd, 2009, 10:49
infantry is deactivated?? how do we turn them back on?

In the CFS3\characters folder are three subfolders

- a_infantry
- b_infantry
- g_infantry

Rename all folders and contained files to something else while retaining the number of characters.
Next open the m3d file with a hex editor, search for "infantry" and rename it according to the new name just as above.
Again, keep the number of characters. This one needs to have the same name as the dds texture.
If you are unsure how to successfully edit a m3d file using an editor keep fingers away from it!
Also edit the content of the xdp accordingly.
At last delete the bdp.
When done you should be able to select the infantry under the new name in the mission editor and add waypoints to it.
There's a limitation though, the guys don't show a damage model.
When you shoot them up they just stop marching. :karate:

lewis11777
February 2nd, 2009, 14:02
It's a file in the Gmax cfs3 plug-in Lewis (from the cfs3 insider website)

Something I best leave alone! :costumes: