PDA

View Full Version : cessna 421c

clmooring
May 27th, 2015, 18:26
Flight sim really needs another one of these. There was one years ago. It was one of my very first payware add-one. I think the Cessna 421c golden eagle is a beautiful plane. I have never flown in one, but the performance specs look great two. I guest that is what they say... if it looks right, it usually flies right.

I would love to have a really high quality visual model with in depth systems.

Daveroo
May 27th, 2015, 21:44
that is pretty...maybe Carenado or alebeo might do it?

Naismith
May 27th, 2015, 22:33
Agreed! It was my first ever payware a/c. Sure could use a major update Flight One.

stansdds
May 28th, 2015, 01:53
Flysimware has already done the Cessna 402C and 441 for FSX, so if anyone is going to do a 421, they would be the logical pick. I have their 402C, the exterior modeling is excellent, flight model seems good (I'm not a real pilot), the virtual cockpit graphics are not the best, but everything works as it is supposed to and the systems modeling is good, considering the constraints of FSX.

vora
May 28th, 2015, 02:48
Alabeo is working on a c404.
http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=incoming

ryanbatc
May 28th, 2015, 07:29
Flight1 should redo their old version... with GTN 750 integration lol

clmooring
May 28th, 2015, 08:15
Thanks for the heads up on the 404. I knew about the flysimware models. But in my mind those Cessna models are sort of like school busses while the 421c golden eagle is like a high performance luxury sedan.

The Carenado models are beautiful, but I often find my self wishing the systems were more in depth (and functional). I gues I am getting spoiled.

stansdds
May 29th, 2015, 02:53
Thanks for the heads up on the 404. I knew about the flysimware models. But in my mind those Cessna models are sort of like school busses while the 421c golden eagle is like a high performance luxury sedan.

The Carenado models are beautiful, but I often find my self wishing the systems were more in depth (and functional). I gues I am getting spoiled.

Now what would ever make you think that Cessna 402's are like school buses?

http://cdn.luxedb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Cessna-402c-Aircraft-Taxi-%E2%80%93-Florida-USA.jpeg

:biggrin-new: :biggrin-new: :biggrin-new:

And I agree with you on Carenado, nice 3D models, but systems are too often poor or non-existent.

clmooring
May 29th, 2015, 08:27
Now what would ever make you think that Cessna 402's are like school buses?

http://cdn.luxedb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Cessna-402c-Aircraft-Taxi-%E2%80%93-Florida-USA.jpeg

:biggrin-new:

And I agree with you on Carenado, nice 3D models, but systems are too often poor or non-existent.

I can't imagine! :applause:

I have the Carenado PA46 Malibu. Which is a beautiful model. but it is kinda like they stop at 85% on the systems stuff. I would LOVE the Malibu if they had just finished the job.

stansdds
May 30th, 2015, 03:35
I can't imagine! :applause:

I have the Carenado PA46 Malibu. Which is a beautiful model. but it is kinda like they stop at 85% on the systems stuff. I would LOVE the Malibu if they had just finished the job.

Couldn't agree with you more. I have only two Carenado offerings, the Seneca II and the Baron 58. The Seneca II is one of their earlier releases and it's actually good, the Baron came later, is a bit harder on the frame rates and they forgot to back lights the radio selector panel and the fuel totalizer gauge. I'm tempted by the newly released Alabeo 404, but I might wait to read some reviews.

clmooring
May 30th, 2015, 07:23
Couldn't agree with you more. I have only two Carenado offerings, the Seneca II and the Baron 58. The Seneca II is one of their earlier releases and it's actually good, the Baron came later, is a bit harder on the frame rates and they forgot to back lights the radio selector panel and the fuel totalizer gauge. I'm tempted by the newly released Alabeo 404, but I might wait to read some reviews.

Same here, I have the their AC11 Commander 114. It is one of my favorite even though it is getting long in the tooth. It is pretty simple plane. But it flies nicely after the new flight model by Mr. Stollie (sp?).

I am watching the Navajo, because I had a friend many years ago with one and flew in the right seat with him several times.... so that is almost a given.