PDA

View Full Version : Dove tale

bazzar
May 26th, 2015, 14:10
Well, as many will have discovered by now, Just Flight have adopted the Dove/Devon series and also the BAC One-Eleven. So all future testing and release decisions will be coming from them. We will continue to post updates on the production at our Facebook pages. Dove/Devon is about to hit the beta test programme. One-Eleven is a little way off yet.:engel016:

Ian Warren
May 26th, 2015, 14:14
I do like that black cockpit version , that looks gorgeous :encouragement:

dvj
May 26th, 2015, 18:43
Well, as many will have discovered by now, Just Flight have adopted the Dove/Devon series and also the BAC One-Eleven. So all future testing and release decisions will be coming from them. We will continue to post updates on the production at our Facebook pages. Dove/Devon is about to hit the beta test programme. One-Eleven is a little way off yet.:engel016:

Oh oh. What happened? Your Grumman support was/is quite excellent.

Sundog
May 26th, 2015, 19:28
Those are looking great, thanks for the previews. :)

bazzar
May 26th, 2015, 19:50
Oh oh. What happened? Your Grumman support was/is quite excellent.

Nothing happened, we have enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial association with JF that goes back 12 years. When and if they see something they fancy they put up their hands. It takes a little while to sort the details but their reach is way bigger than ours right now. As for support, we're usually at the end of that line anyway. As for AH, we have a lot of exciting things going on and a few more releases due this year.:engel016:

AussieMan
May 26th, 2015, 20:31
Bazz, you have just answered my question before I even asked it regarding JF. On their FB page they have an announcement but the picture they show is turbo prop powered Dove. Never saw one of those in Australia. When I was having flying lessons out of YSBK I saw a Skyways Dove there on a regular basis. On one particular day I was 3rd in line behind this particular Dove and a twin Piper. Just after we took off and turned for the training area I just happened to see the Piper climb suddenly and slice through the fuselage of the Dove. We called in the incident and circled the area until we saw the emergency services arrive as we had to guide them to the location.

Hope I get a similar invite as I did with the Friendship :).

bazzar
May 26th, 2015, 20:41
Hey Pat,

Not sure what you were looking at but there's no turbo Dove there mate. Two different engine types and nacelles but no turbos. I am sure you will get the usual invite.:engel016:

greenie
May 26th, 2015, 21:23
Understand the reach that Just Flight have but sorry they are in testing control. I'll just wait for the cheap special price in that case.

bazzar
May 26th, 2015, 21:40
Not sure I understand what you mean. It's all the same, whether we test it or they do. We still do the work.:engel016:

Naismith
May 26th, 2015, 23:41
1-11 Hmmmm JF have a tough one to beat in the free Maltby model even given its age. I hope they can surpass it. :encouragement:

bazzar
May 27th, 2015, 00:32
Oh we'll do our best...:engel016:

jetstreamsky
May 27th, 2015, 12:36
Oh we'll do our best...:engel016:

Looking forward to that :very_drunk:

DaveWG
May 27th, 2015, 12:53
1-11 Hmmmm JF have a tough one to beat in the free Maltby model even given its age. I hope they can surpass it. :encouragement:

Just for the sake of accuracy, it's Derek Palmers model, not Dave Maltbys.
Looking forward to the AH/JF release.:encouragement:

Timmy74
May 27th, 2015, 12:58
Will the BAC 1-11 come with a 34 Squadron Royal Australian Air Force paint?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7353/10722227035_9aede81733_b.jpg

Cheers,

Tim...

heywooood
May 27th, 2015, 13:14
Nothing happened, we have enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial association with JF that goes back 12 years. When and if they see something they fancy they put up their hands. It takes a little while to sort the details but their reach is way bigger than ours right now. As for support, we're usually at the end of that line anyway. As for AH, we have a lot of exciting things going on and a few more releases due this year.:engel016:

is that beautiful little Lockheed Electra one of them?....

DaveB
May 27th, 2015, 13:16
Just for the sake of accuracy, it's Derek Palmers model, not Dave Maltbys.
Looking forward to the AH/JF release.:encouragement:

Now you've confused me. The 1-11 is DM's.. the Dove is Derek's:biggrin-new:

I'll buy the Dove because Derek's model doesn't have a VC and sadly.. that's the way you have to move around in FSX+. The 1-11.. no. DM's model is already well equipped in that department and despite it's age.. it will do very nicely. I'm in no way biased of course;)

ATB
DaveB:)

bazzar
May 27th, 2015, 13:58
Whatever floats your boat my man.:engel016:

bazzar
May 27th, 2015, 13:59
is that beautiful little Lockheed Electra one of them?....

Sure is. More development shots will be released very soon.:engel016::engel016:

jetstreamsky
May 27th, 2015, 14:18
If any suggestions for livery are welcome, then Dan Air 1-11 in this livery style will come along at some point. Various 1-11 versions wore the scheme. They operated with Doves too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Dan-Air_London_BAC_1-11_G-BDAT.jpg

DaveWG
May 27th, 2015, 22:49
Now you've confused me. The 1-11 is DM's.. the Dove is Derek's:biggrin-new:

I'll buy the Dove because Derek's model doesn't have a VC and sadly.. that's the way you have to move around in FSX+. The 1-11.. no. DM's model is already well equipped in that department and despite it's age.. it will do very nicely. I'm in no way biased of course;)

ATB

Of course you're right Dave. I'd assumed we were mainly talking about the Dove, seeing as the thread is titled "Dove tale". ;)

Either way, I'll be getting both, as the VC in DMs 1-11 is unclickable in P3d.

DaveB
May 28th, 2015, 08:06
Of course you're right Dave. I'd assumed we were mainly talking about the Dove, seeing as the thread is titled "Dove tale". ;)

Darn it.. that's bad luck. Thankfully.. my rig isn't up to P3D:biggrin-new:
ATB

AussieMan
May 29th, 2015, 01:56
Will the BAC 1-11 come with a 34 Squadron Royal Australian Air Force paint?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7353/10722227035_9aede81733_b.jpg

Cheers,

Tim...

Tim, if there's not one in the release there will be within a couple of weeks. I will see to that.

Timmy74
May 29th, 2015, 19:59
Tim, if there's not one in the release there will be within a couple of weeks. I will see to that.

Thanks Pat. I just hope the wing roundels (kangaroo) will be facing the right direction!?!? The JF Viscount were incorrect. Its amazing how many manufactures get this so wrong....

in saying that, it appears they have got the "Kiwi" correct on the Dove which is great news.

Cheers,
Tim.

Hdguy
May 29th, 2015, 23:55
This one I will purchase... Been waiting for a good one for a while... Just my sort of twin !

spatialpro
May 30th, 2015, 02:39
Looking further into the future how about following up the 1-11 with the VC10......?!

Andy

spatialpro
May 30th, 2015, 02:44

Dito exactly. They'll be hard acts to follow, bless 'em, but I know AH will do an absolutely smashing job.

The full bump and specs and such bells 'n' whistles in a native FSX/P3D model also justify the purchases for me.

Andy

speedy70
October 23rd, 2015, 15:33
Well when the hell is justflight going to release this fantastic aircraft.

It appears to me the longer they delay it the less people will be interested in buying it.

Cmon Martyn lets have it or forget it.

Cheers

hairyspin
October 24th, 2015, 00:00
I'm sure it's in hand, it just takes time to do and especially to finish, following the 90% rule.

the first 90% of the work takes 90% of the time; the last 10% takes the other 90% ;-)

spatialpro
October 24th, 2015, 04:49
Er, don't you mean the 80-20 rule?!

hairyspin
October 24th, 2015, 10:57
Er, don't you mean the 80-20 rule?!

No, it's worse with FSX developing... :pop4:

Martyn
October 26th, 2015, 01:20
Well when the hell is justflight going to release this fantastic aircraft.

It appears to me the longer they delay it the less people will be interested in buying it.

Cmon Martyn lets have it or forget it.

Cheers

We were hoping to release the Dove a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately some last minute issues arose that needed fixing before release. The testing team are currently checking over the latest build and we should hopefully be in the position to release it shortly.

rdaniell
October 26th, 2015, 07:52
I've been looking forward to this release. I got to fly from Auburn, Alabama, to Atlanta, Georgia, in the right seat of a Dove many years ago. Having one in my FSX virtual hangar would be a good way to recreate that flight and memory from time to time.

RD