PDA

View Full Version : An a2a update on coming aircraft

trucker17
May 17th, 2015, 16:15
FROM LEWIS AT A2A.

Hello Everyone,

Just a heads up, in particular for our Warbird fans, that we can now announce the T6 project has moved from initial R&D into active development. We will be trying to keep you guys somewhat up to date with some shots during development on this particular project. Michal Puto the lead artist for the model has been beavering away having already come up with this beautiful work in progress render of the model thus far;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34075223/online/forums/T-6/T-6_1.jpg

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

:applause::applause::applause:

greenie
May 17th, 2015, 17:25
YES !!...great choice .One question ....accusim?

trucker17
May 17th, 2015, 17:43
ACCUSIM........YES.......:very_drunk:

ryanbatc
May 17th, 2015, 17:50
Looks cool.... but...

MOAR GA please! :jump:

Rudyjo
May 17th, 2015, 17:55
Looks cool.... but...

I'm just the opposite......more warbirds!

trucker17
May 17th, 2015, 17:55
Looks cool.... but...

Their has been talk about the Seminole.....I think it is still in the R&D phase though......

Alan_A
May 17th, 2015, 18:10

Same here - enough with the spam cans!:cool:

Though you could make the case that the T-6 has a foot in each camp - warbird, but more common in the GA setting than some of the others.

Good news in any case.

ryanbatc
May 17th, 2015, 18:12

I'm fine with that if they go faaaaast!

Ian Warren
May 17th, 2015, 18:15
What ya talking about Willis :biggrin-new: I mean Craig ... They simply could go wrong with this .. A2A will nail this one .. a No spinner variant and full frame canopy .. now I'm speaking to Lewis , :adoration:, Scott and the Team , seriously could not have chosen a better subject.

Alan_A
May 17th, 2015, 18:16
Their has been talk about the Seminole.....I think it is still in the R&D phase though......

This is pure speculation on my part, there's no basis for it, but... I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Seminole is actually farther along and closer to release. It'd be a smart way to control the rioters - show the warbird fans a work-in-progress model, that way they'll be less likely to scream when the next GA comes along. Plus I'm guessing that GA brings in a lot more revenue, so that'd be another reason to lead with it.

Counterargument - the Seminole, being a twin, calls for more novel/complex Accu-sim programming than the T-6, which has more family resemblance to other Accu-sim warbirds (radial, check; cooling systems, check; retractable gear, check...) and therefore can draw on existing Accu-sim stuff.

Bookmark this post so you can see how off-target I was when the two of them are actually released...

trucker17
May 17th, 2015, 19:01
This is pure speculation on my part, there's no basis for it, but... I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Seminole is actually farther along and closer to release. It'd be a smart way to control the rioters - show the warbird fans a work-in-progress model, that way they'll be less likely to scream when the next GA comes along. Plus I'm guessing that GA brings in a lot more revenue, so that'd be another reason to lead with it.

Counterargument - the Seminole, being a twin, calls for more novel/complex Accu-sim programming than the T-6, which has more family resemblance to other Accu-sim warbirds (radial, check; cooling systems, check; retractable gear, check...) and therefore can draw on existing Accu-sim stuff.

Bookmark this post so you can see how off-target I was when the two of them are actually released...

True.....But remember....Their was nothing ever said about the C182.....Then their it was......The first hint of the C182 came in November of 2014, with the 18 minute first look video.....

Alan_A
May 17th, 2015, 19:09
True.....But remember....Their was nothing ever said about the C182.....Then their it was......The first hint of the C182 came in November of 2014, with the 18 minute first look video.....

Agree. "None of the above" is another strong possibility.

greenie
May 17th, 2015, 19:47
Just thought - accusim radial . Good start ,start of with one and build from there .

Just remembered - B337, B17 ..doh!

Alan_A
May 17th, 2015, 19:48
Just thought - accusim radial . Good start ,start of with one and build from there .

Just remembered - B337, B17 ..doh!

And don't forget P-47 - the one you have no choice but to manage yourself...

pilottj
May 17th, 2015, 20:39
The radial should be excellent, it's been a while since the last A2A radials, and accusim has progressed a bit since then, ie realistic starting with mixture....so this radial should be even more in depth.:biggrin-new:

mvg3d
May 17th, 2015, 23:50
Hi Friends,
Any hope for a "good" F-104G/S/ASA Starfighter ?

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

menef
May 18th, 2015, 00:11
The SSW F104 S/G are IMHO very good models!

T6flyer
May 18th, 2015, 00:48
Need a T-6 which is difficult to fly well, as with the real aeroplane. Hopefully this will now happen with the A2A version and please no more T-6Gs! :)

Martin

mvg3d
May 18th, 2015, 01:13
The SSW F104 S/G are IMHO very good models!

Hi Menef,
SSW's F-104G/S are indeed very good, Pluto12 & CO made a very good job with them, but the A2A aircraft have "something more", an A2A Starfighter with Accu-Sim could be a "Must".....

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

menef
May 18th, 2015, 01:33
Hi Manuele! Ok. Now l understand what you meant. In that sense I agree with you
even if I'm fully satisfied with Simskunkworks "spilloni" bye:jump:

menef
May 18th, 2015, 03:39
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23086&stc=1

pilottj
May 18th, 2015, 08:47
I have a feeling the A2A T-6 will based on whatever real world example they have access to, be it a G or whatever.

Cheers
TJ

tracyq144
May 18th, 2015, 12:36
Good choice. I like the GA aircraft the most, I think, but as stated above, the T-6 kind of has a foot in both camps.

And, it's a trainer, good intro to the Warbirds!