PDA

View Full Version : FSX Video Tribute(to a late cousin)

StormILM
May 17th, 2015, 12:44
This is a humble tribute to my late cousin and a truly great man, Colonel Robert R. Hardee Jr. US Air Force (Retired). Bob was typed on many different aircraft during his career(and seeing Combat in WW2 & Korea), the aircraft in this video represent the main three aircraft that he flew over his career.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdXlYRugREw

jim
May 17th, 2015, 13:07
EVERY veteran should get such a fine goodbye.

TARPSBird
May 17th, 2015, 13:10
Very nice video, I liked the sepia tone color.

Duckie
May 17th, 2015, 13:21
..........:encouragement: :encouragement:

StormILM
May 17th, 2015, 15:17
Thank guys! Bob was a super guy, very professional and well liked by everyone who knew him. He never came off as the "Typical Fighter Pilot" in his demeanor. Out of all the aircraft he flew, his last words to me on the subject was that the P-38 was always his favorite no matter how fast any of the jets he flew later were although he admitted that the F-86 was his favorite of the jet types. I understand that there is some memorabilia of his at a couple of museums which I hope at some point to see and record for family history purposes.

falcon409
May 17th, 2015, 15:59
Do you happen to know what his last assignment was? Where he was stationed?

StormILM
May 17th, 2015, 16:21
I'm pretty certain his last command was the 4780th at Perrin AFB(he was the next to the final wing commander there before Perrin closed). He lived there in Denison until just a couple of years before his passing. Last time I saw him he drove by himself all the way up from TX to NC for a family reunion. Even at his age then and having previously suffered a stroke, he was still sharp as a tack and pretty tough.

trucker17
May 17th, 2015, 16:21
:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

falcon409
May 17th, 2015, 16:25
I/m pretty certain his last command was the 4780th at Perrin AFB(he was the next to the final wing commander there before Perrin closed). He lived there in Denison until just a couple of years before his passing. Last time I saw him he drove by himself all the way up from TX to NC for a family reunion. Even at his age then and having previously suffered a stroke, he was still sharp as a tack and pretty tough.

I knew the name as soon as I saw it, just wanted to be sure. . .he was my Commander at the 4780th when I arrived at Perrin in March of 1968. Funny, I can't tell you who the Commander was after he left, but I sure remember Col. Hardee. . .tough is just how I would have described him as well.

StormILM
May 17th, 2015, 16:41
Well I'll be darn! Small world!
Here's a photo of him during WW2(which I have on my wall here).
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23064&stc=1

txnetcop
May 17th, 2015, 16:49
Wonderful Tribute!

falcon409
May 17th, 2015, 16:53
Awesome! After I left the AF in 1970 I stayed in Denison, finally moving to Sherman in 73, but I worked in Denison up until 2001. For several years we served together on the Chamber of Commerce Committee for the Annual Air Show that the Chamber put on out at Perrin. He still had a lot of influence and pull with friends in the AF. I knew that he had passed away but didn't realize that he had moved to Alabama.

The Perrin Museum would obviously be one that has a lot of his memorabilia. Located on Perrin Field (now North Texas Regional Airport). I live about 10 minutes from there.

StormILM
May 17th, 2015, 17:15
As his health began to fail, he moved there to be a bit closer to his brother Frank (who's also a retired USAF Colonel/F-4 Pilot). I got the news of his passing in July of 09 from my dad who received the call from Frank that evening. I didn't make it to his service at Arlington that October as I had a prior commitment on a trip outside the country. I recall Frank was not at all happy about the fact the service was planned early on a Monday morning during the midst of typical Washington, D.C. traffic. Frank was all too familiar with D.C. traffic when he was the Deputy IG of the Air Force at the Pentagon.

ColoKent
May 17th, 2015, 17:46
Ed and Bryant...

That is COOL! What a small world...

Kent

papab
May 17th, 2015, 18:19
Thank you
Rick