PDA

View Full Version : For those of the modelling ilk...

ThinkingManNeil
May 15th, 2015, 10:22
Don't know if my fellow scale modelling fans have heard, but Tamiya is coming out with a 1/32nd scale Mossie FB.VI. (http://www.hyperscale.com/2015/reviews/kits/tamiyamosquito32previewmn_1.htm) Knowing the quality of their Spitfire IX and P-51D Nustang offerings in this scale, it should prove to be most impressive...

N.

Navy Chief
May 15th, 2015, 11:57
What a coincidence, I am going to a "Modelfest" at the University of Northwest Florida, here in Pensacola, tomorrow:encouragement: NC

Daveroo
May 15th, 2015, 13:02
Chief,do you build?...im a "behind the lines " sorta guy,,i have three tamiya GMC CCKWs,all with the open top as i couldnt find any closed cab models,then to add to them,a clubmobile body,Le Roi compressor truck,and a USAAF fuel truck,all the addons are from CMK i think,i also have two US 666 5 ton trucks,one with closed cab and one with open cab,going to build the closed box stock,with a few add on brass sheet thingies..radiator screen,some cab details ect,and the other will pull a big gun ..like the 155

Navy Chief
May 15th, 2015, 14:21
The last time I ever built a model, it was a Hasegawa A-7 Corsair II, and that was way back in 1973 timeframe. Coincidentally, I bought other boxed models at the time, I.e. A-6 Intruder, RA-5C Vigilante, and even a Revell boxed models of the Blue Angel F-4 Phantoms. I still have all the above, stored in a Rubbermaid container. I think I attempted starting one or more of them, way back in the 70s, but never finished them. I keep thinking SOMEDAY I will build them all.:encouragement: NC

Penzoil3
May 17th, 2015, 13:42
:mixed-smiley-010:
Don't feel bad. I have a Huey and a Sopwith Camel waiting for me. ( for 3 years ) Even bought all the paint and brushes. Sigh, fly or model...
Sue