PDA

View Full Version : missing area.115

Daveroo
May 14th, 2015, 10:07
i keep getting an error telling me that the scenery/scenery area.115 is missing /cant be found,something like that,where or how can i put it back?..and how did it get tossed out?...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22933&stc=1

ncooper
May 14th, 2015, 10:25
You can create a new folder in the main FSX folder
and name it Addon Scenery.
Then create a new folder inside it named scenery.

Or you can simply delete the Addon Scenery entry in your scenery library.

Either solution will make the error message go away.

Daveroo
May 14th, 2015, 20:13
then what do i do with the "addon scenery" file already there?..i dont understand that suggestion..and i tried to delete the .115 from the addon scenery section inside FSX and no go there..

Daube
May 14th, 2015, 23:17
Usually, this error pops up when you delete one of the addon sceneries folder before deleting it from the Scenery Library in the sim.
Sceneries must be deleted from the library first, and then you can delete their corresponding files.
Have you deleted any sceneries recently ?

Dimus
May 14th, 2015, 23:24
Check if you have a \scenery and a \texture folder, even if empty, in your Addon Scenery folder. If they are not there add them manually and see if it helps.

roger-wilco-66
May 15th, 2015, 00:14
That sounds like part of the default scenery (I'm not at home so I can't check it).
You either deleted it accidentally (might be able to recover it from the trashcan) or moved it (accidentally dragged it and dropped it to another folder), which happened to me before. A simple search should find it's new location, from where you can move it back to it's normal location.

HTH
Mark

Naismith
May 15th, 2015, 00:16
My 115 is

[Area.115]
Title=Australia
Local=Scenery\AUST
Layer=115
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

That is a default setting, cut and paste it into the scenery.cfg and you should be good to go.

roger-wilco-66
May 15th, 2015, 00:36
To me this looks like the scenery.cfg entry is still there and active, but the referenced folder is missing in the folder structure of the sim (for the reasons I posted above).
It is probably better to check that before fumbling in the scenery.cfg :mixed-smiley-027:

Cheers,
Mark

PHo17
May 15th, 2015, 01:05
For me that error message has appeared a couple of times. Once I had edited the scenery folder and by accident made a typing error of the name. Another time I accidentally moved a scenery folder out of the Addon Scenery folder (or it's original place). That happens very easily while working with mouse.

While still using FS9 I had to install it several times and I learned "the hard way" to always take first a clean copy (folders, their files and even configuration files) of the whole simulator right after installing it. So I do now for FSX (and other simulators) too. It helps to recognize what there should be and where. From there it is also easier to copy original files to simulator (if for example accidentally deleted or over written) than from the original disks (compressed files).

Pekka

roger-wilco-66
May 15th, 2015, 03:07
Backing up the whole sim folder structure is always a good idea! The default scenery folders and files are under \fsx-root-folder\scenery , not \addon scenery\.

Cheers,
Mark

Daveroo
May 15th, 2015, 08:14
hi guys,wow,this just blows my mind,i still wasnt sure what yall were saying..my reading comprehention ( not to say speeling) siphons big time...so i was still nsure of it all,thin i searched (daves suggestion?)for area.115..found an old page from forums.avsim.net and the guy said he deleted the empty folders in addon scenery....then it all made sence to me..so i went and looked and they were not there..made new folders for scenery and texture..strated FSX and no more message...i know i did not delete those two folders,because i know they were there at one point,and ive only installed a few planes and the FTX/ORBX stuff...i did remove,but not deleted,my DC6,C130,BAe-146..would those have something to do with it?..the scenery and texture folderrs are not in those files..i just looked...weird..lol