PDA

View Full Version : Challenges sometimes Work!!!

gera
January 29th, 2009, 06:10
So we have FSX for a while to go. With the demise of the Aces we are ready to go on with it for quite a while and I guess we will do fine with so many new addons from so many sources..........
BUT!!!!........Why donīt we all challenge someone to take the route of producing a---- New Century XXI Simulator????--- If we all start writing game software outfits that many thousands of us would be interested in buying a Good Flight Sim in the future and that if a "Up to Standards (Fsx or above) Beta is produced and a Demo is put out withing a certain period of time (2 to 5 Years) we would place advance Orders for it once such demo has proven that it is indeed equal or better.
At LEAST Equal to the Present FSX obviously a Better Product should be sought. To much to ask?, I donīt think so, the reason being that There Are for Sure "Aces" like the "Old Aces" somewhere in this world of software development......This is true all over the world, just look at some addons developed in Italy, Germany, France and the US----am sure in other places too...
Why would we be interested in a "equal to"?...and I donīt mean "exactly"!!!!, is because such group would have a "Starting Point" for a start......
---38 years ago a USA Hardware Company, asked my Software Group to develop Structural Engineering software for them....at the moment we just developed and sold Commercial Software like Accounting, Payroll, Inventory Control etc.....We knew "Nothing" (Zilch!!!) of what they were talking about but it was an interesting Market. We hired 3 structural engineers and taught them how to program our machines ( No PCīs then!!!!). After 2 Years we were producing many programs in the Structural Engineering field that were sold all over the world, eventually we formed a dedicated Department with over 16 Engineers and programmers....Total Succes.
If we could do it-----------am sure, with so many Software talents in so many countries a Company today can make the XXI Century Sim for sure......
Those who think that only the "Gone Aces" and Microsoft could do it are
living in another world. If I were in X-Plane shoes, I would be hiring programmers and System Engineers( with knowledge in Software Games Tech) Today at 7:00 AM Sharp!!!!!!!.....Dam good ones from all over!!! With the Internet as it is today a company can have specialized programmers on line from all over 24 hours a day!!!!!!!....One of our companies today ( Animation) uses programmers from Rumania, Italy, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico, and Russia to do many of our day to day jobs with very good quality products and very feasible economic wise ( while our group here Sleeps they work!!! and Vice Versa---the ideal setting)..............If I was 26, I would take the Challenge with Glee!!!!!!!!!.............

PS....This is just a taught of someone who hopes his Grandsons will enjoy a Great Flight Sim when they are 56.....:engel016:

gera
January 29th, 2009, 06:31
To those of you closely connected with the "Game Development Industy" how much could be the cost of such development in a 3 year period????( USA ? Europe? Others ?)

Those who dare, usually get somewhere...those who donīt, for Sure stay where they are!!!