PDA

View Full Version : Stuart277's HMS Biter for CFS3

Blood_Hawk23
May 1st, 2015, 13:29
Hey All,

I've just uploaded HMS Biter.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped with the conversion. I hope everyone enjoys.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22389&stc=1

Daiwilletti
May 1st, 2015, 16:03
Thank you so much, Blood_Hawk23. Great to see a completely new sort of vessel, will be good for Atlantic missions?
:ernaehrung004:

Blood_Hawk23
May 1st, 2015, 16:11
Your more than welcome.

Look for HMS Avenger coming soon. Same model with dedicated textures.

HouseHobbit
May 1st, 2015, 16:42
Much Rejoicing!!
Thanks very much..
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Blood_Hawk23
May 1st, 2015, 22:32
For anyone who has already downloaded HMS Biter please replace these files...

If you just downloaded it then the fix has already been made.

brundu841
May 1st, 2015, 22:32
Good job all :applause:

Blood_Hawk23
May 1st, 2015, 22:54
Once I have the screen shots I will upload her.

I'd like to thank miccasharon for the repaint textures for Avenger. They are camo textures. I will convert the camo set for Biter as well. miccasharon also did repaints for HMS Dasher and HMS Archer. Which I may release as separate models.

Pat Pattle
May 2nd, 2015, 01:45
Thank you all that had a hand in producing this, a fine model and something a bit different too! :applause::applause:

I have the source model for the Hurricane Blood_Hawk if you'd like it to add a few to the deck. Or maybe other types if we can get them?

Cheers,

Clive

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22423&stc=1

Blood_Hawk23
May 2nd, 2015, 11:25
Clive,

It would seem there is a problem. The damage texture is showing.

I'm not able to do the MOS edit. for what ever reason it doesn't work. Could someone look at this. I still have Avenger and 2 other ships to do. I have to findout why this is happening.

hairyspin
May 2nd, 2015, 13:06
You have email John.

Pat Pattle
May 2nd, 2015, 13:11
CFS3 is full of pitfulls, if you can pm me please and I can look at the gmax we can sort this out

cheers,

Clive

Daiwilletti
May 2nd, 2015, 15:04
I have changed the d.dds textures from DXT5 to DXT1, this works for me.

Also there is a problem with the rear gunstations, I have alerted Blood_Hawk23 to this.

Its devilishly tricky trying to test ingame to ensure all 14 gunstations are working!!

Edit: While the model has been tested in the stock install, my "stock" install has Ankor's shader mod in it, and this may interact with some textures? Changing damage textures to DXT1 works as I say with Ankor's mod

Blood_Hawk23
May 3rd, 2015, 03:14
It seems the virtual ships will be in dry dock as much as the real ones were. I thought it was suppose to be all simulated. :biggrin-new:

Clive,

I'll send you a PM. Tom has pointed out a few things that need to be fixed. I'll forward that email If you would like.

David,

I'll look at the guns as soon as I can. I though I had it the same as the g_destroyer. Maybe they had it wrong. I might have to take and change the orientation of the guns. Maybe Clive can help me with that.

I don't think I'll do Archer or Dasher. They were not successful ships.

So for now I'll leave Biter up as is. Once I get it all fixed I'll put up a new updated version. I have to work three more nights so I'll get back to it all Wednesday night.

'til Later,
John

Blood_Hawk23
May 3rd, 2015, 03:34
Thank you all that had a hand in producing this, a fine model and something a bit different too! :applause::applause:

I have the source model for the Hurricane Blood_Hawk if you'd like it to add a few to the deck. Or maybe other types if we can get them?

Cheers,

Clive

If you would like to add the Sea Hurricanes I can send you the model. I think Avenger would be a better choice, as Biter only had them for a short time. They switched to the Martlets rather quick. Maybe some Swordfish would work. They always had two on standby during the Convoy missions.

Daiwilletti
May 3rd, 2015, 15:17
If you would like to add the Sea Hurricanes I can send you the model. I think Avenger would be a better choice, as Biter only had them for a short time. They switched to the Martlets rather quick. Maybe some Swordfish would work. They always had two on standby during the Convoy missions.

I don't know how this stuff works, but seeing as how the runway is listed in the ship's xdp file, could a few aircraft facility files be referenced relative to the airbase/runway in the xdp?

Blood_Hawk23
May 4th, 2015, 02:51
I don't know how this stuff works, but seeing as how the runway is listed in the ship's xdp file, could a few aircraft facility files be referenced relative to the airbase/runway in the xdp?

I believe we are talking about adding it it the actual model.

Blood_Hawk23
May 7th, 2015, 00:06
Hey all,

Well I have had a chance to work on Biter and Avenger. here are the results. Textures are by Miccasharon.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22663&stc=1
Biter and Avenger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22665&stc=1
HMS Avenger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22664&stc=1
HMS Biter in camo Paint.

I've sent them out for to be looked over before I release them. Let me know if you find anything wrong.

'til Later,
John

Capt. Winters
May 7th, 2015, 00:11
Hi John,

there looking very good indeed. Nice to see some new British ships, will add a lot of flavour to Atlantic convoy missions etc.

thanks for doing the work, regards Rob.

FOO FIGHTER
May 10th, 2016, 15:33
Very interesting! Were these ever uploaded (other than the initial hms_biter)? Can you land on them?

Daiwilletti
May 10th, 2016, 19:51
Woo hoo! thanks, Blood_Hawk23! I think people used to our stock ships with anaemic AA, will get a shock when flying near these beauties. It must have been a helluva lot of work to model all the guns :applause:

The general idea is not to linger... I have a very simple mission flying a Ju88 if anyone wants to try and bomb these ships. Just PM me and I will email it thru.

HouseHobbit
May 10th, 2016, 21:58
Well done!!
I have the first set, still loaded into my ETO advanced install.
Many Thanks..
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Blood_Hawk23
May 11th, 2016, 08:53
Don't thank me, Daiwilletti did the real work on this.

I hope to get more of Stuarts work into CFS3. I promis I'll cut back on the AA in the future. It is a tad shocking the first time you go in. Even after flying CFS2 for as long as I have.

I have the French Cruisers in the line up. They are nearly completed.

Daiwilletti,

You'll have to work your magic on the textures for those as well.

Daiwilletti
May 13th, 2016, 22:51
Blood_Hawk23, bring it on!!!:applause: