PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft wear and tear/maintenance addons??

RyanJZ
April 30th, 2015, 09:20
Are there any addons for FSX that simulate wear and tear on engines and other parts? MAintenace addons?

speedy70
April 30th, 2015, 09:25
Hi
All the accusim aircraft produced by A2A simulations simulate breakages,failures and ageing.
Check them out at A2A simulations.com.
Cheers Chris

Peg o my heart
April 30th, 2015, 09:28
..and also RealAir Duke, Flight1 B200 and Ants Airplanes T28 B/C-D have similar features.

Bjoern
April 30th, 2015, 10:45
I've done one for the engine and systems of the L-39C.

There's also RealEngine (piston engines only) and damage mods for some default aircraft. Can both be found on FLightsim or maybe even Avsim.

JimmyRFR
April 30th, 2015, 12:24
One of the best wear n' tear simulations that I've seen is the DA20-100 4x by Marcel Felde. It's as much hands on as the A2A aircraft, and I enjoy the maintenance routine on it a bit more than the A2A fleet.

Simply checking the oil, for example, requires you to open the door on the cowling, remove the oil cap (which can be lost if not replaced), give the prop a crank by hand, insert the dipstick, take a reading, add oil if needed (or drain oil if it's been over filled because you forgot to give the prop a crank previously)... With a good portion of the those steps animated.

Another example is that the aircraft visibly accumulates dirt that needs to be washed off. Taxi through the grass, you'll notice your windscreen getting dirty. Or, the other week (and I didn't know this 'feature' existed), there was a darn fly walking around on the dash. Putting my mouse cursor over it changed to a hand... I clicked it and it squashed the fly. And the fly didn't go anywhere, I needed to vacuum the cockpit to get rid of it. :)

This is on top of things like flap and gear damage, full circuit breaker simulation, etc.

So yeah, a bit involved, and to be honest, I've never seen another aircraft add-on that is quite to this level. I'm not sure it simulates as many things inside the engine as the A2A fleet does (it might - the list of stuff you can 'fix' in the repair shop is huge), but it sure simulates ownership very well.

One of my absolute favorite aircraft in my hangar.

RyanJZ
May 1st, 2015, 05:13
I tried Real Engine. I couldn't figure out how to install it :P

mgchrist5
May 1st, 2015, 05:25
Two others with varying degrees of wear, damage, and maintenance modeling... Both are excellent add-ons, although the RV-4 can be a little rough on frame rates if your system isn't up to specs.

Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco
Orbx Vans RV-4

One of the best wear n' tear simulations that I've seen is the DA20-100 4x by Marcel Felde.

+1. Almost forgot about that one. Fantastic plane.

Bjoern
May 1st, 2015, 06:35
I tried Real Engine. I couldn't figure out how to install it :P

Oh come on! The readme is totally clear on that!