PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank for FDG P-40e?

dasuto247
April 11th, 2015, 10:25
Anyone kno where can find drop tanks for the FDG P-40E.Badly needed.Love the plane itself minus doesnt show damage when hit, but need drop tanks.

Captain Kurt
April 11th, 2015, 10:47
Hmm. I don't think the dp file for the FDG P40E has the drop tank as part of the loadout, only a 500lb. bomb. What dp file are you using, or do you mean a different P-40 E model?

Fibber
April 11th, 2015, 11:43
...as far as I can ascertain there was no drop tank for the FDGP40E, as the Capt said. I do believe that the Defense of Australia 1942 campaign did include a drop for a P-40E and a panel but unsure what plane they actually modded it to.

TheBookie
April 11th, 2015, 12:09
You have to put the drop tank on the plane yourself for the FDG P40E. That means you have to redo the dp file and airfile so it works.Someone has already done it and it might be in the downloads but I'm not sure who did it.Rami might know since he is the librarian for uploads.

TheBookie

Rami
April 11th, 2015, 12:47
Hey guys,

That was me. In the Defense of Australia package, I used the FDG P-40e with the drop tank from the original DoA package. I also modified the .air file to follow suit, and gave her a little kick in the pants.

(A little one, not the Bearcat241 treatment, lol :p87:)

Blood_Hawk23
April 11th, 2015, 13:00
You have to put the drop tank on the plane yourself for the FDG P40E. That means you have to redo the dp file and airfile so it works.Someone has already done it and it might be in the downloads but I'm not sure who did it.Rami might know since he is the librarian for uploads.

TheBookie

If you have LW's P-40E, there are some great droptanks by Tango_Romeo. I would suggest using one of those. If you dont then any 52gal US droptank can be used. There is one for the RAAF expanion pack.

If you use that one then start with this. Add this to your DP.

[HARDPOINTS]
mount.0=0.0,0.0,0.0
mount.1=0.0,0.0,0.0

[PAYLOADS]
payload.0=%payload_name.0%
payload.1=%payload_name.1%
payload.2=%payload_name.2%

[PAYLOAD.0]
; Payload = Guns Only

[PAYLOAD.1]
; Payload = Long Range
mount.0=wep_pylon_p40_belly, 1, -1
mount.1=wep_us_warhawk_drop_gp, 1, -1

[STRINGS]
"payload_name.0"=Guns Only
"payload_name.1"=Long Range

Hopefully you know how to do this. If you need help just let let me know and I can do a DP with it all added.

Or

just use the one Rami posted.

A few notes: Talon did an update to the RAAF Port Moresby. Also in LW's P-40E Talon did the air and Cfgs. Incase you wanted to know.

dasuto247
April 11th, 2015, 15:20
Hmm. I don't think the dp file for the FDG P40E has the drop tank as part of the loadout, only a 500lb. bomb. What dp file are you using, or do you mean a different P-40 E model?

Flying the FDG P-40E. Found it strange no drop tank, so assumed it was just missing or was a later add on but could not locate.Glad to see one is available.

dasuto247
April 11th, 2015, 15:21
Hey guys,

That was me. In the Defense of Australia package, I used the FDG P-40e with the drop tank from the original DoA package. I also modified the .air file to follow suit, and gave her a little kick in the pants.

(A little one, not the Bearcat241 treatment, lol :p87:)

As always, thanks:applause: One question.How do you select the drop tank in flight?I tried it out in quick flight, the tank is there, looks great no error messages.However, the panel has a selector, its for the main tanks and the aux/reserve which is still internal.What selects the drop tank? or was that changed? I dropped the tank while it was set to aux, engine did not cut out.Just curious.

Captain Kurt
April 11th, 2015, 17:40
That is an entry in the .air file.

There has to be an entry defining that the aircraft can have a drop tank, how many gallons, it's position, and whether wings or belly tank. The entry numbers are 534 and 535. Without an entry in the air file, no tank will be recognized or usable even if the airplane has one attached via the .dp file.

misson
April 11th, 2015, 18:24
No all air files cand be edited. So there is a tool that u can use to copy and paste entries from other air files , that yes , they have such entries.
This is a EXELENT tool for that, and it is FREEWARE for use personal or comercial WITHOUT LIMITATIONS.
Aircraft Airfile Manager and Rami , if u want it can be in the library.

Captain Kurt
April 11th, 2015, 18:42
No all air files cand be edited. So there is a tool that u can use to copy and paste entries from other air files , that yes , they have such entries.
This is a EXELENT tool for that, and it is FREEWARE for use personal or comercial WITHOUT LIMITATIONS.
Aircraft Airfile Manager and Rami , if u want it can be in the library.

Very true Misson. I didn't mean to imply that the air file could not be modified. I use AirEd v1.0.5.2 myself for simple additions like this. It's also freeware. For more complex editing or to make an air file from scratch I use AirWrench. It requires a small license fee but I think it is worth it.

Blood_Hawk23
April 11th, 2015, 20:45
I've been working on the Albatros DV. Lately I have used all of the editors.

Aired v1.52
AAM V2.2
Airupdate v2.85
Airwrench v .94 only in evaluation mode. There is an update for it.
Flight Dynamics Workbook - which is a series of .xls spreadsheets.

All of this to get the prop entries 511 and 512 set right. Its taken me three days to get it. So far so good.