PDA

View Full Version : Sim cockpits: $30. Interesting!

Navy Chief
April 9th, 2015, 10:05
A SOH member posted on Facebook about this company today, and I wanted to share this. A company has produced a inexpensive cardboard sim cockpit. I inquired about their durability, considering the material, but they replied, saying the cardboard is quite strong. If I had room for one, I would order one, but alas, I do not:

http://dogfightboss.com/Online+Store

http://youtu.be/I-kasUg17j0

Odie
April 9th, 2015, 10:35
Not bad looking at all, Chief, and the price point isn't checkbook crushing! Wish I had the real estate in the house for a dedicated set-up. I don't think the wife
would let me annex her craft/hobby room.

srgalahad
April 9th, 2015, 11:01
So, $30 for a full-size printable PDF pattern that lets you cut your own material - or $600 for a pre-made one shipped to the USA/Canada.

Not bad for the pattern which is often the hard part (design and layout). A bit steep for the ready-made kit.

But it does give me an idea. Now I just need the time.

Navy Chief
April 9th, 2015, 11:51
So, $30 for a full-size printable PDF pattern that lets you cut your own material - or $600 for a pre-made one shipped to the USA/Canada.

Not bad for the pattern which is often the hard part (design and layout). A bit steep for the ready-made kit.

But it does give me an idea. Now I just need the time.

My apologies for not reading the information on their site more closely. I thought, in error, obviously, that the $30 was for the actual pre-made version! I thought that was unbelievably inexpensive (which of course it is!).

Sorry for the confusion! NC

Ian Warren
April 9th, 2015, 13:02
Hey NC .. build your own , inside my man cave here I have a 8ft tall space shuttle , built 2000 for a Wanaka Airshow .. card - strong as heck, back in 1989 - half scale A4 thrown in the ocean .. all cardboard lasted maybe a good four hours .. could have been saved but the rush off a birdman comp and its size gave no option but to have it destroyed.

Cardboard is a wonderful material , the different grades .. and costs nothing but time and imagination :encouragement:

Navy Chief
April 9th, 2015, 19:27
Well, more than anything now, I don't have the space! Had plenty of room before I bought a used, very large desk for my PC. NC