PDA

View Full Version : Saitek...question

Daveroo
April 8th, 2015, 21:26
i have the Saitek switch panel,and the cessna trim wheel,i cant figure out how to mount the switch panel..basically it needs to be screwed to the desk,table in my case,but i cant do that..anyone know of any after market solutions?

GypsyBaron
April 8th, 2015, 21:31
I use velcro to hold my Saitek dual throttle quads in place.

I have a fairly heavy piece of shelf that sits across my keyboard drawer of my computer hutch
and my keyboard sits on that and the throttle quads on the left end. My Saitek X-45 sits on the
right end of the keyboard.

You might use a hefty piece of wood as a base and then velcro the switch panel to that.

Paul

roger-wilco-66
April 8th, 2015, 22:12
I have the switch panel, the auto-pilot, and the radio stack. Mounted the frames on top of each other (as it is meant to be), and now comes the trick. I had an old Cisco firewall in the grabble box. It has almost exactly the same width as the panels and is around 2" high. So the firewall case was gutted out and I mounted (bolted) the stacked panels on the case. Since the case is made of sturdy metal the whole stack is sitting rock steady on my desk. Another nice feature is that I fastened a usb hub on the case so that I only have a single usb cable coming from the whole stack to the PC.

Instead of the firewall case I could imagine anything like an old cable or satellite tuner could also be used.

Double Saitek throttles and the Trim wheel are mounted with the stock brackets to the desk.

Cheers,
Mark

JimmyRFR
April 8th, 2015, 22:19
I ended up bringing one of the metric screws that fits the outer plastic frame of the switch panel to a nut 'n bolt shop and buying a bunch of longer ones. There's one size of screw, can't recall the exact specs, but it screws into almost all of the various tapped holes on the Saitek accessories.

With those, I have various Saitek stuff (switch panel, trim wheel, TPM, TQ's) screwed solid to home-made 1"x6" wood brackets. The brackets themselves are mounted with 1/4" bolts equipped with T-knobs, and can be bolted and unbolted to a basic wood frame to allow me to setup for different aircraft / helicopters quickly.

However, you can simply use the longer metric screws to mount to anything you'd care to drill holes in. Makes things very solid. :)

Naismith
April 8th, 2015, 22:42
Velcro worked for me.

Navy Chief
April 9th, 2015, 10:19
Pictures of individual setups would be great! Just a suggestion? NC :encouragement:

Hanimichal
April 9th, 2015, 12:35
I have using simple and personal way

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/04/10/menor.jpg

Daveroo
April 9th, 2015, 13:01
Thank you for this (and thanks to NavyChief)...this gives me an idea ,i can mount mine next to me under a shelf..id like to see more pics if anyone has them...thanks to all Dave

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/04/10/menor.jpg

Ian Warren
April 9th, 2015, 13:12

I do like that setup Hani .. almost thinking I'm in a Space Shuttle :adoration:

Hanimichal
April 9th, 2015, 15:47
I do like that setup Hani .. almost thinking I'm in a Space Shuttle :adoration:

You thinking !!!
I am already in Space Shuttle :biggrin-new:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/04/10/menorP1030168.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/04/10/menorP1030169.jpg

Naismith
April 9th, 2015, 23:30
Here you go, it is a bit dark but you get the gist. The two consoles are Velcro'd to the desk. The third one on the left os not connected as I am wondering how to incorporate it into the sim. It cam with the Yoke the other day. The Yoke is superb by the way, far superior to my old CH one. The Saitek panels may get Velcro'd in place to make them more secure - you can see the strips. At the moment they seem to fit snugly in place with theses monitors.
Anyone with any suggestions re the third console, give me a shout. The two together are setup thru' FSUIPC as a twin. Black = throttle, Blue = prop, Red = Mixture.
So many buttons :dizzy:

roger-wilco-66
April 10th, 2015, 00:36
!! I see compliance to clean desk policies. :crushed: I think I need some to do organizing before I take a shot of my setup....

Cheers,
Mark

Daveroo
April 10th, 2015, 09:01
well if it were and i could afford it..id get a forth throttle levers set and create a situation for 4 engined planes,youve got three of them now...why not one more

Here you go, it is a bit dark but you get the gist. The two consoles are Velcro'd to the desk. The third one on the left os not connected as I am wondering how to incorporate it into the sim. It cam with the Yoke the other day. The Yoke is superb by the way, far superior to my old CH one. The Saitek panels may get Velcro'd in place to make them more secure - you can see the strips. At the moment they seem to fit snugly in place with theses monitors.
Anyone with any suggestions re the third console, give me a shout. The two together are setup thru' FSUIPC as a twin. Black = throttle, Blue = prop, Red = Mixture.
So many buttons :dizzy: