PDA

View Full Version : F6F Cockpit With All Gauges?

MajorMagee
April 4th, 2015, 20:43
Is it just me, or are many of the gauges missing from the various F6F cockpits?

The needles are there and functioning, but the gauge bodies seems to be missing.

gosd
April 4th, 2015, 21:28
I also get that, if you untic ankor effects some of the gauges will reappear but if you place the plane in a vanilla game all of the gauges will appear.:dizzy:

MajorMagee
April 5th, 2015, 05:26
I have some of the same planes in PTO as ETO and they both have all but 4 gauges missing, but in the PTO install the Speed Gauge shows up with AnKor's dlls turned on, but it disappears when you toggle it off. In ETO it's never shows up either way. I've looked at the dds, and the m3d files involved and I don't see anything different. The FM2 uses the same gauge files and m3d settings and that works just fine.

Weird.

MajorMagee
April 5th, 2015, 09:10
Mystery solved!

I reset the Z Bias Resolution from 24 to 15 and they all came back. Various gauges turned back on a few at a time as I kept lowering the number until I finally got down to 15.

gosd
April 5th, 2015, 16:47
Thanks for the imput.:encouragement: I looked high and low for this solution. The high bias from 15 to 22 came from the Ground Crew instructions for parameter settings for 2048X2048 textures.

Daiwilletti
April 5th, 2015, 17:46
That's very useful information, thanks MajorMagee.

It does make me wish for a decent guide to the whole cfs3config process. So many of the terms are a mystery to me.

MajorMagee
April 5th, 2015, 19:17
Yes, CFS3 demands brilliant deductive reasoning, and a lot of trial and error...