PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for the admins, a roll of honour thread

Motormouse
March 29th, 2015, 09:46
Seems we are losing members more frequently now, possibly a sad reflection on the
aging community in the flightsim world, was thinking there ought to be a thread where
we could acknowledge their passing in one place, rather than as present where news is posted in individual
forum's.

Ttfn

Pete

Wayland
March 29th, 2015, 10:10
I second the motion.

Steve

Quicksand
March 30th, 2015, 08:03
I think that is an outstanding idea. Not only would it serve as a memorial to them, from the old timers who interacted with, and learned from them, it would also allow new members to understand the magnitude of devotion not only that these folks had to improve our virtual world, but also that those contributions, and the wonderful people who made them possible, will never be forgotten, no matter the nature of their accomplishments within the community. Our ranks are thinning at an alarming rate. We must honor, preserve, and remember.

Motormouse
March 30th, 2015, 08:11
Thanks for the votes, off the top of my head we've lost Talon,Akemi,Jon Patch, Benoit Dube in the past few months, all whom contributed much to our virtual world.

Ttfn

Pete

Roger
March 30th, 2015, 08:23
Pete,

Start a thread and add all the names you can think of and leave it open for others to add ant that might have been missed. I can think of Paul Clawson (putput), Damian Radice (Windrunner), and going back a few more years, Leon Luis (Flatspinfumble). I will keep my eye on the thread and stick it from time to time as new names are offered.

Regards,

Roger.

huub vink
March 30th, 2015, 08:38
Those who instantly pop-up in my mind are Akemi (Hagu-Chu), Benoit Dube (bmd) and Gary Williams (Tazman). But there must be more.

Huub

n4gix
March 31st, 2015, 08:10
Check the "In Memoriam" forum at AVSIM for any missing names... :engel016: