PDA

View Full Version : open a screen capture image

brundu841
March 14th, 2015, 01:42
with which you open a screenshot image on windows 7 ?
.................................................. ...........................
avec quoi ouvrez vous une image de capture d'écran sur windows 7 ?

KellyB
March 14th, 2015, 13:37
If you are talking about using ALT-Pint Screen, then you need software to paste it into from the clipboard, which is where it is placed.

Infranview is a free one
http://www.irfanview.com/

Daiwilletti
March 14th, 2015, 14:23
The screenshot ( shift + ; ) (IIRC) is saved in Win 7 as a .bmp file, under the pathway Username/My Documents/{The name of your CFS3 Install} when you look in Windows Explorer,

if that helps. Any software like the default Windows Photo Viewer will open the bmp file.

brundu841
March 15th, 2015, 00:42
windows image visionneude does not open bmp file on my windows 7
.................................................. .................................................. .....
la visionneude d'image windows n'ouvre pas les fichier bmp sur mon windows 7

KellyB
March 15th, 2015, 04:04
The screenshot ( shift + ; ) (IIRC) is saved in Win 7 as a .bmp file, under the pathway Username/My Documents/{The name of your CFS3 Install} when you look in Windows Explorer,

if that helps. Any software like the default Windows Photo Viewer will open the bmp file.

Nifty! Who says old people like me can't learn something new?
Thanks.

EDIT: spoke too soon; doesn't work for me. Also don't seem to find anything about it on google. What have I missed?

AHA! The Windows Snipping Tool. Learn all about it here: http://www.7tutorials.com/how-use-snipping-tool

FireStorm II
March 15th, 2015, 09:58
Brundu841, you can use 'PAINT', I also use it for PrintScreen.

So close Daiwilletti, but no cigar... :mixed-smiley-027:

Use ' Ctrl + ; '

This will place a large image in your "Documents" folder under "Combat Flight Simulator 3.0".
On my old XP machine it was 2,000 KB. On Win7 it is now 6,000 KB.

It is good to reduce this to save space and be able to post your screenshots online, so,
right click on the screenshot and choose edit. This will bring up 'Paint' and then you can
'save as' a 'Jpeg' and rename it if you like. As a Jpeg will bring the size down to 300-500 KB.

I had put 'Ctrl + ;' on a joystick button
through the in-game 'Control Options'.
Enjoy your pictures! :encouragement:

brundu841
March 15th, 2015, 10:41
I also paint net, and impossible to open a screenshot, same with paint ...., I manage to open it with DXT1 bitmap manipulator ... but the picture is very very ugly, has barely visible
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
j'ai aussi paint net , et impossible d'ouvrir une capture d'ecran, pareil avec paint...., j'arrive a l'ouvrir avec dxt1 bitmap manipulator... mais l'image est tres tres moche , à: Banghead peine visible : Banghead:

gosd
March 15th, 2015, 10:45
Use ' Ctrl + ; '

This does not work with the UI animations

brundu841
March 15th, 2015, 10:52
it will not boot with ctrl +;
cela ne fontionne pas avec ctrl + ;
: POP4:

Daiwilletti
March 15th, 2015, 12:40
Brundu841, you can use 'PAINT', I also use it for PrintScreen.

So close Daiwilletti, but no cigar... :mixed-smiley-027:

Use ' Ctrl + ; '

Enjoy your pictures! :encouragement:

LOL,

the number of times not having CFS3 computer as the online computer bites me...

the number of times I've answered the same question and thought "darn, is it shift or ctrl??"

:wavey:

brundu841
March 21st, 2015, 00:11
the screenshot is done on (ctrl + $) the problem is that the image is a bmp file, if I converted to jpeg image, the image is still ugly .... can not we directly capture the image in jpeg ...?
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....
la capture d'ecran se fait sur (ctrl + $) le problème c'est que l'image est un fichier format bmp, si je converti cette image en jpeg, l'image est toujours moche.... ne peut on pas directement capturer l'image en format jpeg ...?