PDA

View Full Version : Help! New Mouse

dvslats
March 7th, 2015, 05:06
Hi All, I had just installed a new mouse on my PC. It has a drivers cd disk to install drivers. This mouse has a magnification option.

Problem: Untill the drivers are installed there is no function of the mouse. I need the mouse pointer to click on the needed buttons from the driver installer !!!!

I use to know how to navigate the desktop using the keyboard, but it's been a while. "CRS"
Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks IA, Dave

MaskRider
March 7th, 2015, 05:36
Hiya Dave,

If all you want to do is navigate your desktop, hit the tab key until one of the icons on your desktop is hi-lighted. Usually the sequence will be the start button will get highlighted, then the first icon on your quick start menu, then the system tray and then an icon on the desktop. Once you have an icon icon the desktop hi-lighted use the arrow keys until whatever icon you want to use is hi-lighted. Then hit enter. To right click an icon or selected text hit "shift+F10".

Here is a very good web page about it: How to navigate windows without a mouse (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000791.htm)

Hope you can get there!

MR

dvslats
March 7th, 2015, 13:27
Hey Chris,

Thanks! I'm back in business. That web page had what I needed. Had to barrow a tablet android device to get it done.
Tab, spacebar, arrow, and the Enter keys is what I had forgotten.

Originally, the worst I thought would occur is that windows would load a generic set of drivers...but it didn't happen.

Anywho, Thanks Again,

Dave