PDA

View Full Version : Freeware Sound Garrett/Honeywell TPE331 sound package

StormILM
March 6th, 2015, 13:35
Just wanted to make a quick mention of a new freeware sound pack over at Avsim which caught my eye which may be useful to some, Garrett/Honeywell TPE331 sound package which is intended for Dornier 228 models. Looking at the size of the package I knew it was a complex and quality bit of work so I downloaded and gave it some static testing in iTunes. I found the sounds to be very high quality and decided to test them with my Aerosoft OV-10 (in which I had been using Aaron Swindell's FS9 OV-10 soundpack). While there is a difference between the sound of an OV-10 and Dornier 228, I found the sounds to be good for the OV-10 in many aspects and better than Aaron Swindell's version. Whatever the use, it is a good TPE331 sound pack for those who may need one.

At Avsim the file name is 228_tpe331_sound_v10.zip

rvn817j
March 6th, 2015, 18:48
Fairchild Swearingen Metroliners use this engine also. Have you compared it to the Razbam engine sounds? (I'm afraid I would mess it up if I tried sound file replacement.)

pbearsailor
March 6th, 2015, 19:49
Fairchild Swearingen Metroliners use this engine also. Have you compared it to the Razbam engine sounds? (I'm afraid I would mess it up if I tried sound file replacement.)

I tried it for a short flight in the Metro and I'm not sure if it's better, gotta fly it some more. One thing I did notice is that there isn't much of a change in external as you move around the plane. 331's sound a lot different between intake and exhaust and I didn't sense that in these files at all.

I'll try to test a little more and see. Especially want to compare in the C-441 as the stock sounds are really poor IMHO and most of my RL experience with those engines is in the 441.

BTW, it's easy to try. Just rename your original sound as "sound.bak" or something and rename this new folder to "sound" and put it in the Metro's main folder.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

rvn817j
March 9th, 2015, 04:21
I tried it for a short flight in the Metro and I'm not sure if it's better, gotta fly it some more. One thing I did notice is that there isn't much of a change in external as you move around the plane. 331's sound a lot different between intake and exhaust and I didn't sense that in these files at all.

I'll try to test a little more and see. Especially want to compare in the C-441 as the stock sounds are really poor IMHO and most of my RL experience with those engines is in the 441.

BTW, it's easy to try. Just rename your original sound as "sound.bak" or something and rename this new folder to "sound" and put it in the Metro's main folder.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Appreciate the information...thanks!