PDA

View Full Version : Embraer-110 by edgar guinart lopez - skins by anders s

vonernsk
March 5th, 2015, 02:53
Hi guys,

Installed some skins for this a/c done by Anders Samuelsson. I found that the textures appeared on my rig as having an excessively high alpha channel ie unrealistically shiny, but with some 'normal' areas.

I have already e-mailed Anders about my experience and said that it might just be my computer. Has anyone else reported the same problem and what, if any, solution is there?

They are really good looking skins in the screen-shots accompanying them.

Mal

kikas
March 5th, 2015, 08:34
Yup, it was same for me, im too lazy to check now, but if i remember shiny textures had black alpha channel, change it to white and they are ready to go. And yes, those are very nice textures!

vonernsk
March 5th, 2015, 10:13
Thanks kikas. Will start now.

Mal

anders
March 6th, 2015, 09:58
Hi Guys!

Nice that you found a solution. If you would like to upload it as a fix that is perfectly fine by me and I would be greatful :) (as I have no idea on how to fix it myself :) )

vonernsk
March 8th, 2015, 09:25
Thanks for the advice kikas, but this fix does not work for me. Are there even Alpha textures in there?

Rgds
Mal

kikas
March 8th, 2015, 10:13
Thanks for the advice kikas, but this fix does not work for me. Are there even Alpha textures in there?

Rgds
Mal

Yes, you have to use DXTBmp for that, couple of minutes at most.
Anyways, Anders said he has no problem with sharing "patch", so here's link to my textures
https://www.mediafire.com/?nln7akb5v7jowb8

vonernsk
March 8th, 2015, 12:28
Very many thanks for the fix kikas, you saved me a lot of hassle and time. Have got DXTBmp, but have never grasped the ins and outs of Alpha channels. You have made my day.

And thanks to you Anders for originating these great skins, they really do the business for this great little turbo-prop.

And, of course, thanks to Edgar - the creator of this really nice model. Its flt mdl, the neat sound and the whole impression of this a/c is done so professionally.

Thanks again guys.

Mal