PDA

View Full Version : Ice ai

Naismith
February 25th, 2015, 14:03
Has anyone experience of ICE AI? http://www.iceaitrafficgroup.altervista.org/index.html

UT2 is getting a bit long in the tooth in FSX and WOAI seems not to be maintained either.

I am wondering for FSX and/or P3D.

Lane Street
February 25th, 2015, 14:28
No experience with it yet I do know that it is made by people that grabbed a bunch of stuff made by other people, packaged it without the original authors permission and published it without acknowledging the original authors.

Some would call this piracy.

cheers,
Lane

DaveSHQ
February 25th, 2015, 14:33
At least they admit it. I don't have experience with it either, but i'm checking it out to see if they do acknowledge others

"ICE AI Traffic does NOT own any models or flightplans. All repaints and flightplans are from skilled individual developers and other AI groups. We only make the AI Traffic packages, but the content files are not owned by ICE AI Traffic."

jmbiii
February 25th, 2015, 18:45
They may acknowledge that they didn't develop the scenery/textures, but from what I have read elsewhere they have not asked for nor received the original authors permissions.
Ergo: piracy.

Anneke
February 26th, 2015, 00:13
They may acknowledge that they didn't develop the scenery/textures, but from what I have read elsewhere they have not asked for nor received the original authors permissions.
Ergo: piracy.

Ergo: innuendo's and trolling :encouragement:

Bjoern
February 26th, 2015, 05:51
WOAI seems not to be maintained either.

They should rename it "Retro World of AI" then. *Giggle*

(My AI world is the 1980s. Never have worry about updating flight plans.)

DaveSHQ
February 26th, 2015, 05:58
Heretic

You recommended WOAI once. Not a fan anymore?

Naismith
February 26th, 2015, 10:07
Heretic

I am a fan it is just that they seem to have stopped updates, the last being in October.

Rallymodeller
February 26th, 2015, 14:44
I have JF Traffic 360. Picked it up on a whim when JF had that "two for twenty dollars" sale 'cause I wanted the Tristar and needed something else for the sale price. Turns out it's a pretty versatile addon that also allows the adding of outside FPs and AI models, like MAIW and WOAI plans.

Bjoern
February 27th, 2015, 07:59
Heretic

Recommendations and practical use are two entirely different things. ;)

Beginners without money stick to WOAI as their packages autoinstall.
Beginners with too much time on their hands read up on AI models, paints and flight plans and painfully install airline after airline by hand. Bonus: You can choose a traffic era of your liking.

I've mainly switched to RetroAI because of great airlines and lots of 727s (blame books on the 1980s airline industry for that). And because of no more need for semi-regular maintenance.