PDA

View Full Version : Can a pilot be switched from the dp. to the mdl.?

hertzie
February 19th, 2015, 08:10
Hi to all, maybe this is a silly question, but at least you have a good laugh then ;-). As I like to convert CFS2 planes to FSX I do have some great "old" models where the pilot is in the dp.-file. That means that in FSX the pilot won't show. So I was wondering if someone knows a way to get the pilot from the dp. into the mdl., so it will show up in FSX after conversion.

Regards, hertzie.

Blood_Hawk23
February 19th, 2015, 08:59
Hi to all, maybe this is a silly question, but at least you have a good laugh then ;-). As I like to convert CFS2 planes to FSX I do have some great "old" models where the pilot is in the dp.-file. That means that in FSX the pilot won't show. So I was wondering if someone knows a way to get the pilot from the dp. into the mdl., so it will show up in FSX after conversion.

Regards, hertzie.

Sadly there is no quick way to do this. The DP is merely the Damage Profile of the model. CFS2 uses info in it to add weapons and other items to the aircraft. even though its on or in the AC its not part of the model.

Now there is a way but you might not like it. Then again maybe you would. It would involve taking a pilot figure and adding it to the source file. or with perms, exporting the model to FSDS or Gmax with the use of modelconveterX. from there you could add the pilot figure. this would require you redoing the hierarchy and animations. now it would also make it possible to change the textures and mapping.

Thats all I've got. I hope its usefully.

hertzie
February 20th, 2015, 09:41
Thanks Bloodhawk, for me it's a start, but all that you mentioned is new for me. I'm on holidays now, but back home next week and then I'll start discovering what you suggested. Hope I may come back to you for further advice when I get stuck?

Regards, hertzie.

oldwheat
February 20th, 2015, 10:13
Thanks Bloodhawk, for me it's a start, but all that you mentioned is new for me. I'm on holidays now, but back home next week and then I'll start discovering what you suggested. Hope I may come back to you for further advice when I get stuck?

Regards, hertzie.

= And you will :banghead:. John would be of great assistance, I'm sure..

hertzie
February 21st, 2015, 09:59
Hahaha! I feel now like Charlie Brown: "I need all the friends I can get..."http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19919&stc=1