PDA

View Full Version : P3D Config Change

falcon409
February 18th, 2015, 20:04
I just noticed a change to the Prepar3D.cfg file. . .I had separate folders for my aircraft within the SimObjects folder to separate them by type. That system is no longer recognized with V2.5. I started doing that back in FSX and just continued it with P3D and up until 2.4 it was still the norm, but that portion of the config file has been rewritten and the old "SimObjectPath=" is no longer a valid option. May have to check the P3D forum to see if that's addressed. I don't know if that's something a lot of others have done or if it's seen as a minor inconvenience to a few idiots like me, lol

DaveWG
February 18th, 2015, 22:14
There's now a simobject.cfg file that has the paths defined in. Think it's in the same folder as the scenery.cfg, but not at the PC at the moment to check.
There's also an effects.cfg and fonts.cfg to define additional paths for those as well.

falcon409
February 18th, 2015, 23:19
There's now a simobject.cfg file that has the paths defined in. Think it's in the same folder as the scenery.cfg, but not at the PC at the moment to check.
There's also an effects.cfg and fonts.cfg to define additional paths for those as well.
Excellent, thanks Dave!

DaveWG
February 19th, 2015, 01:12
There's more information in the SDK. Have a look here: http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/general/path_configurations.html