PDA

View Full Version : De-Havilland Sea Vixen by Sky Sim for FS2004

vonernsk
February 13th, 2015, 11:54
I am thinking of downloading this a/c from sky-sim.co.uk. I cannot find any assessments of it on the sky sim site. Any of you guys purchased this a/c and able to comment on it before I procure it?

Mal

AndyG43
February 13th, 2015, 12:03
Gets a thumbs up from me. I have both this one and the Virtavia offering, and I think this one just about comes out ahead.

This review (which is fo rthe FSX version) might be worth a read while you deliberate.

http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jg/seavix/seavix.htm

dhazelgrove
February 13th, 2015, 12:04
It's good. It's very good - just make sure you read the manual.

Dave

jackryan172
February 13th, 2015, 12:45
What is the real URL for the plane as it seems the website listed is broken.

Thanks,
Sean

jackryan172
February 13th, 2015, 13:09
What is the real URL for the plane as it seems the website listed is broken.

Thanks,
Sean

I found it: http://www.skysim.co.uk/home.htm

Sean

Rallymodeller
February 13th, 2015, 18:26
It is fantastic. Looks gorgeous, great flight model, comprehensive cockpit and the sound pack will rattle your teeth if you have a subwoofer. Can't recommend it highly enough.

vonernsk
February 14th, 2015, 04:08
Thanks you all for your swift and positive responses to my query. Just putting my dry-suit on, will be with you shortly.
Mal

Blackbird686
February 14th, 2015, 04:15
Mal -- Check your PM's mate.

BB686:US-flag:

jackryan172
February 15th, 2015, 13:17
Well this kinda sucks...I went to go purchase the Sea Vixen and the SSL cert is broken so Chrome wont let me go to the check out page. Now I realize that this is an older aircraft but if you are going to still offer it for sale, please make an effort to make the process work. Errgggh

Sean

Tom Clayton
February 15th, 2015, 13:47
If you're in Chrome, see if there's an "Advanced" link on the warning page. If there is, clicking that will give you the chance to bypass the warning. I have to use that that all the time at work since the vast majority of the printers I remote into have self-signed cert's and the browsers don't like that.

jackryan172
February 16th, 2015, 08:38
Thanks, Tom. I went ahead and purchased it. I am waiting to get a download link or something to let me download it. I got the Reg key but Im stuck waiting for a download link.

Sean

Blackbird686
February 16th, 2015, 11:27
jackryan172 --

Let us know if you get the link. I am also considering procurement of this plane and experienced the same issues. Keep your toes crossed.

jackryan172
February 16th, 2015, 19:05
Has anybody ever heard from these guys? I sent them an email earlier today and haven't heard back from them yet. They haven't charged my CC yet so I'm still waiting.

Sean

Tom Clayton
February 17th, 2015, 14:58
There's a forum, but it's very slow loading due to the fact that the style sheet seems to be missing. The pages do load though - eventually...

http://www.sky-sim.co.uk/forums/index.php

Blackbird686
February 18th, 2015, 05:18
I dunnoh... I couldn't get it to load on IE, it eventually loaded up on Firefox. I fired off an e-mail to them too, regarding procurement of the Sea Vixen. Haven't heard a peep.

jackryan172
February 18th, 2015, 08:56
Hi All,

I did get some feedback form the owner of Skysim. He was very gracious and said that he would drop a boxed copy in the post for me since the online version didn't seem to work correctly and he was apologetic about it. Good folks, who remember what customer service is all about.

Sean

vonernsk
February 18th, 2015, 09:07
Yep!
Rec'd my boxed copy today. All looks good and completed a very satisfying circuit at Duxford in it (without reading the manual . .
Nice visual models and nice flt model.
Now for a trap!
Mal