PDA

View Full Version : V2.5 Installation over 2.4?

falcon409
February 13th, 2015, 11:33
Since 2.0 I have done the updates rather than a full install. This time I don't really have a choice so my question is, can this be run directly over the 2.4 installation or must the older version be uninstalled and the new version installed after that?

Dumonceau
February 13th, 2015, 11:39
I think it must be uninstalled Falcon. Given the changes made in folder structure and so forth...

It's a put off for me as well. I desperately want to install this, but no ORBX means not yet for me!

Johan

Daube
February 13th, 2015, 15:12
It's better to uninstall the 2.4 first Falcon.
They didn't provide any patch because they wanted to force everybody to start from fresh.
Also, they might be a "licence" availability problem if you don't uninstall the 2.4 first.
The standard uninstall will "free" your P3D licence, making it available to activate the 2.5. If you don't uninstall the 2.4, you might not be able to install the 2.5 correctly.

falcon409
February 13th, 2015, 16:10
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know.

Phantom88
February 13th, 2015, 16:19
Also,Make sure to get ride of All P3D Folders that maybe in othe drives on your PC.Appdata for example.

Dumonceau
February 15th, 2015, 00:59
Well, I took the plunge and completely reinstalled my rig with v2.5. I must say that the stock "vanilla" install without any tweaks looks good and offers good performance.

LM have got a winner here! And here is the result

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19621&stc=1

Dumonceau

falcon409
February 15th, 2015, 06:38
After about 6 hrs of working through problems I finally got 2.5 installed. Just waiting now for Orbx to get the FTX Global and Vector installers up so I can reinstall all that and get some decent ground textures. After that I can reinstall my personal scenery as that was all color corrected to match Global. No payware aircraft installed yet, just freeware that is 2.5 compatible and those appear to be fine. Currently, I have to say I see little difference between this and 2.4 and right now performance (fps) is lower than I had with 2.4. I have yet to see anything close to "buttery smooth" as someone recently observed with their installation. I'm keeping the 2.4 installation files close by just in case this turns out to be a dud.

stovall
February 15th, 2015, 06:48
Believe me Ed, this is no dud. For the first time I am considering completely switching over to P3D. No doubt for me this is the best version yet.

Dumonceau
February 15th, 2015, 06:48
Guys,

take a look at this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?92529-I-have-become-a-believer-P3D-is-the-way-forward!&p=936435&posted=1#post936435

Johan

falcon409
February 15th, 2015, 07:18
Believe me Ed, this is no dud. For the first time I am considering completely switching over to P3D. No doubt for me this is the best version yet.
I'm a believer in the product Tom. I dropped FSX quite a while ago in favor of just one Sim. No doubt in my mind that this is far superior to anything else however currently I'm not seeing anything different in appearance or performance that would warrant LM deciding on an entirely new installation. I've even looked at pics posted by others that I assume are showing the 2.4 alongside 2.5 and they look the same to me. I watched a few video's that some had posted to Youtube supposedly showing new cloud effects and I didn't see anything there that I didn't already have with 2.4. So while I will remain a fan of P3D, I see little right now that impresses me about 2.5.

Phantom88
February 15th, 2015, 09:13
Just curious Falcon,Have you checked to see if your GPU driver is up to date?could make a difference.