PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 Douglas A-26 Invader VC problem

michaelvader
February 9th, 2015, 15:07
Hallo friends,

as I like it to do I have done a personal repaint of the fine SOH A-26.
And as I like also to work a little bit on the panels I did "modernize" the panel by changing the pm flight gauges
to more modern ones. All work fine - but in night flying as soon as put the nav lights on - plof - the is the black shadow of the gunsight on the cockpit, and I can'T remove it.
So I wonder if I did a mistake somewhere or if there is trick to remove it.
Of course i use the bng model.
I would be glad if there will be a solution to this problem.
Thank you in advance

Happy landings
Yours
Michael "Papi" Vader

java2srv
February 9th, 2015, 17:39
Possibly the "GS" (Gunsight) switch -- located 2nd from the right in the row of red switches below the gunsight.

The red switches don't have an animation (they don't move) -- click on and click off.

Just above that switch is also the rotary dimming control for "COCKPIT LAMPS".

Also the gunsight has the white toggle switch on right side to light the gunsight reticle. The reticle is dim in VC cockpit, but is bright in the 2D cockpit.

The "GS" switch hides the gunsight for daytime flying, but at night time in VC my gunsight also shows as a shadow if the "GS" switch is off. In 2D cockpit the same switch will hide the gunsight both day and night.

I have not tried to fix this, I am OK with having the gunsight on all the time. Perhaps someone else has been able to figure out how to fix this.

My panel is unchanged from original gauges and behaves the same as you describe -- so this doesn't sound like something that you caused during your modifications.

Hope this helps.

:wavey::wavey:

Lonewolfee1
February 17th, 2015, 05:16
Papi,
Did changing the pm gauges make them show in the vc at night? I'm trying to find a way to get them to show up - without the cabin light.