PDA

View Full Version : Wireless controllers in FSX

dougal
February 6th, 2015, 13:03
Anyone tried a wireless flight stick in FSX? Do we think the 'lage' might be frustrating? Any experience with this?

Daube
February 6th, 2015, 13:15
You mean "lag" ?
I don't know if there is any lag with wireless controllers. A friend of mine plays some action games with a wireless controller like the XBox360, and he never complained about the lag.
He did complain about the batteries in the controller, though :biggrin-new:

Lane Street
February 6th, 2015, 14:26
Does a wireless mouse count?

If so, it works just like a wired mouse.

cheers,
Lane

PRB
February 6th, 2015, 14:34
Had a wireless mouse once. At work. Hated it. It kept "loosing contact" with the computer, for a second or two every 15 minutes or so. Had to wave it around in the air to get it to re-establish communications. Pain in the butt. Maybe they're better now. Maybe mine was just junk. Haven't tried another yet. That would be a bad thing in FS...

dexthom
February 6th, 2015, 14:42
I have used MS wireless keyboards and mice for several years now with no problems at all.

heywooood
February 6th, 2015, 15:49
I have used MS wireless keyboards and mice for several years now with no problems at all.

I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse now...I had a Razor wired mouse that was ridiculous, had about 50 programmable buttons on it but the left mouse key wore out, apparently thats an issue with the Razor

I took the opportunity to switch it out to a wireless setup because I use this desk for everything, not just the PC, and the cords were in the way often.

NOTE: if you switch from Razor gear to wireless you HAVE to remove all files and folders related to Razor and cleanly uninstall it all - otherwise you will have lag like you cant believe.

None of the flightsims or other programs I use are adversely affected by the wireless gear now - all good.

expat
February 7th, 2015, 04:10
Have used wireless keyboards and mice - but have hoped someone could answer this: is there a decent wireless joystick that you can use to fly off of a big flat screen TV?

dougal
February 7th, 2015, 05:04
Have used wireless keyboards and mice - but have hoped someone could answer this: is there a decent wireless joystick that you can use to fly off of a big flat screen TV?

There aren't many wireless joysticks from what i can see. Found one on eBay and thought i'd give it a try.

I'm also really ******** off with the general poor quality of all PC gameing controllers..... Being disabled, I don't work, and so spend a LOT of time on my flight sim. Over 7 years, i've worn out two complete yoke and throttle systems AND another two joysticks, with the third being well on the way. It's ALWAYS the 'pots' that wear out first for the throttle controls. It's not even as if they're cheap is it???!! Mr angry here:banghead:

NickB
February 7th, 2015, 05:05
I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo 2.4GHz RF Wireless stick and am very happy with it. The battery lasts long enough and gives plenty of warning via a flashing red light when it's running out. The only thing that I've noticed is if you don't move it for a certain time it goes to sleep, but I just pull the trigger (brakes) before manoeuvring again and it wakes up.

dougal
February 7th, 2015, 05:13
I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo 2.4GHz RF Wireless stick and am very happy with it. The battery lasts long enough and gives plenty of warning via a flashing red light when it's running out. The only thing that I've noticed is if you don't move it for a certain time it goes to sleep, but I just pull the trigger (brakes) before manoeuvring again and it wakes up.

Thanks Nick. One of my current controllers is the 'wired' CyborgX. Overall, its build quality seems SLIGHTLY better than most for that price bracket. However, its throttle are now faulty. Do you know if the 'pots' are replaceable? I guess they'll be the same ones as yours.

NickB
February 7th, 2015, 06:52
Thanks Nick. One of my current controllers is the 'wired' CyborgX. Overall, its build quality seems SLIGHTLY better than most for that price bracket. However, its throttle are now faulty. Do you know if the 'pots' are replaceable? I guess they'll be the same ones as yours.

Sorry, don't know about the pots replaceability(!).