PDA

View Full Version : Piaggio PD-808 by Mario Noriega released at avsim!

Sascha66
January 27th, 2009, 12:25
I tried it and its great! There is also an FSX version.

FS9 version:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004ac&DLID=133889

FSX version:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxac&DLID=133890

This is the avsim File Description:
This is a complete simulation of the Piaggio PD-808. It includes advanced engine management, realistic systems, and some failure modeling. The model features a complete 3-D virtual cockpit,and a 2-D panel. Sounds are inculded. The external model features all typical animations plus a load of custom ones. Also incluides all custom special effects, including different selectable floodlights for the virtual cockpit (by simply flicking ON the proper light switch on the cockpit itself). Plus with a fly-on-the-numbers flight dynamics file. Includes full documentation. THIS IS THE FS-X RELEASE. IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH FS-2004. THERE IS ALSO A FS-2004 RELEASE THAT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH FS-X. THis is the "RM" variant of the aircraft and base package. Other PD-808 variants will come next. This base package with the RM version will be needed for these to work properly.

Ferry_vO
January 27th, 2009, 14:45
Love it!! :applause:

I've seen payware civvie jets of less quality than this one.

adhockey
January 27th, 2009, 18:46
I've seen payware civvie jets of less quality than this one.

Mario puts a lot of effort into his planes. His P.149, P.180, and Nardi are gems as well.

This release caught me off guard; I usually check his sight every week and the last progress he showed on the PD-808 was last year. I can't wait to see what he cooks up next.

aeronca1
January 27th, 2009, 19:47
I've been waiting for this for a looooong time, and I'm certainly not disappointed. Great plane!

Like adhockey says, the quality matches his earlier work and then some. I have it parked alongside the P.149 and P.180.

Flyboy208
January 27th, 2009, 20:03
Great Heads-up and one stellar aircraft. Will be flying this Italian jet alot in the future! Mike :ernae:

mvg3d
January 27th, 2009, 22:07
Hi Mario,
:ernae::applause::ernae::applause::ernae::applause ::ernae:

Mariopilot
January 28th, 2009, 01:25
Hi people!
Glad you like it! & Thanks to Manuele for his FIAT G-18V! go and search it out! it deserves MORE than just a test run! It's a very realistic flying package!

Judging from the screenies: your panel has died from a battery drainage! remember to turn ON DC generators etc... use the dynamic checklist included!! for more information, take a look at the PDF manual included in the package!

Have fun...

Planes-11
January 28th, 2009, 01:35
Thanks Mario, great job all round. Will this be available at Flightsim.com? For some reason I just can't get a download from AVSIM anymore, the download times out to an error page when I try.

Mariopilot
January 28th, 2009, 02:53
Hi!!
As I went uploading it around, I placed it on Flightsim.com as well, but they took a little more time it seems ... it should be here sonn too ... try simviation.com

Cees Donker
January 28th, 2009, 08:00
Looking good! Off to test her now!

:welcome:

Cees

VPL Paolo Lao
January 28th, 2009, 10:13
Simply the best! I love his creations:amen:

Ferry_vO
January 28th, 2009, 10:41
Judging from the screenies: your panel has died from a battery drainage! remember to turn ON DC generators etc... use the dynamic checklist included!! for more information, take a look at the PDF manual included in the package!

You are absolutely right, Mario! :costumes:

Just get it airborne for a few screenshots, i did figure out how to turn on the generators etc. later.

Cees Donker
January 28th, 2009, 11:18
VC is a bit heavy on the framerates.:kilroy:But she's a great addition to the hangar!

:amen:

Cees

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
January 28th, 2009, 14:21
Really fine work Mario , been watching you put this together and its been worth the wait.

deathfromafar
January 28th, 2009, 15:43
VC is a bit heavy on the framerates.:kilroy:But she's a great addition to the hangar!

:amen:

Cees

It is an excellent model but I agree with Cees, it is a bit heavy on VC framerates even with my machine & 512mb video card. Nearly to the point of being unflyable.

Daube
January 29th, 2009, 04:50
It is an excellent model but I agree with Cees, it is a bit heavy on VC framerates even with my machine & 512mb video card. Nearly to the point of being unflyable.
So the virtual cockpit FPS impact occurs also on FS9 ?
It occurs also in FSX but sometimes this happens when using FS9 planes in FSX. Now I really think this is because of a gauge. I had no time to test yet...

Daube
January 29th, 2009, 04:51
By the way, anybody experienced the ice on the canopy ? I saw a screenshot of it and the effect is really cool, good looking !

Cees Donker
January 29th, 2009, 05:02
So the virtual cockpit FPS impact occurs also on FS9 ?
It occurs also in FSX but sometimes this happens when using FS9 planes in FSX. Now I really think this is because of a gauge. I had no time to test yet...

That's interesting: the gauge can be replaced!

Cees

aeronca1
January 29th, 2009, 05:06
By the way, anybody experienced the ice on the canopy ? I saw a screenshot of it and the effect is really cool, good looking !

Not as yet, but I always liked that effect in Dimitri Samborski's Tu-114 tubeliner.

Tom Clayton
January 29th, 2009, 22:09
Great looking plane! I'll have to find some time this weekend to get some flying done!

narah
January 30th, 2009, 07:00

Itīs unfortunately not related to gauges or textures. I just can watch, not fly from VC even my PC can handle more difficult planes without trouble. Anyway, thanks to the author for this great aircraft.