PDA

View Full Version : Kaman HH-43 Skins

Mick
January 27th, 2015, 09:26
I just uploaded a six pack of skins for Paul Dee's Kaman HH-43F Huskie. It includes Air Force HH-43s in shiny natural metal, natural metal with arctic high visibility colors, and in Aircraft Gray (also known as "ADC Gray" or "Dorsey Gray." There is a Navy HUK-1 in overall Dark Sea Blue, and two Marine HOK-1s, one in Dark Sea Blue and one in Olive Drab.

The natural metal one is probably a bit too shiny (depending on your video card and what enviro.bmp file you're using) but I wanted to make it look different from Paul's original paint, which looks to me a lot like the silver paint finish that the Air Force's HH-43 fleet wore for a while in between the natural metal and Aircraft Gray periods. Now if someone who likes camouflage will paint us a skin in the Southeast Asia lizard scheme we'll have pretty much the whole set. (I'm not good at camo, and I never liked the lizard scheme anyway, so I'm not going to attempt it.)

When I installed the aircraft I couldn't get he engine started (except by starting another aircraft and then switching planes - effective but not very immersive) so for those who might be having the same problem, I've included a fix for that. (All I had to do was add a starter to the 2D panel.)

Here's the natural metal one with arctic markings and the Navy bird:

HorusJ
January 27th, 2015, 11:08
Very nice Mick.Some great repaints for this fun bird.:applause:

AndyG43
January 27th, 2015, 11:52
Really lovely Mick. There is just something so intriguing about the Huskie, such a fun little aircraft.

nigel richards
January 27th, 2015, 12:32
I just uploaded a six pack of skins for Paul Dee's Kaman HH-43F Huskie. It includes Air Force HH-43s in shiny natural metal, natural metal with arctic high visibility colors, and in Aircraft Gray (also known as "ADC Gray" or "Dorsey Gray." There is a Navy HUK-1 in overall Dark Sea Blue, and two Marine HOK-1s, one in Dark Sea Blue and one in Olive Drab.

The natural metal one is probably a bit too shiny (depending on your video card and what enviro.bmp file you're using) but I wanted to make it look different from Paul's original paint, which looks to me a lot like the silver paint finish that the Air Force's HH-43 fleet wore for a while in between the natural metal and Aircraft Gray periods. Now if someone who likes camouflage will paint us a skin in the Southeast Asia lizard scheme we'll have pretty much the whole set. (I'm not good at camo, and I never liked the lizard scheme anyway, so I'm not going to attempt it.)

When I installed the aircraft I couldn't get he engine started (except by starting another aircraft and then switching planes - effective but not very immersive) so for those who might be having the same problem, I've included a fix for that. (All I had to do was add a starter to the 2D panel.)

Here's the natural metal one with arctic markings and the Navy bird:

Mick; I'm not much of a hoverflier but that's some really nice paint, Sir! :applause:

expat
January 29th, 2015, 04:02
Was the Huskie ever used as a carrier plane guards?

DaveSHQ
January 29th, 2015, 05:19

I don't think so. My Dad used to ride on them when he was an Air Force fire fighter.

Can't find a link to download the Helicopter btw...anyone have one?

srgalahad
January 29th, 2015, 06:37
Can't find a link to download the Helicopter btw...anyone have one?

Original thread is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?90080-At-long-last-a-HH-43-Husky!&p=910391&viewfull=1#post910391
link is in first post

Mick
January 29th, 2015, 07:38

Well, two of the photos I found of Navy Dark Sea Blue HUK-1s shows one hoisting a downed pilot out of the water, then a different one landing on a carrier.