PDA

View Full Version : Refugee from the Sixties?

dhazelgrove
January 18th, 2015, 00:16

For your AI flying pleasure, the MBAI North American XB-70 Valkyrie by Menno van den Boogaard.

"The North American Aviation XB-70 Valkyrie was the prototype of the B-70 nuclear-armed, deep-penetration strategic bomber for the U.S. Air Force's Strategic Air Command.
North American Aviation designed the Valkyrie as a large, six-engine aircraft capable of reaching Mach 3+ while flying at 70,000 feet,
these speed and altitude capabilities would allow the evasion of interceptor aircraft, the only effective weapon against bomber aircraft at the time.

Two prototype aircraft were built, and these aircraft were used for supersonic test-flights during 1964–69.
In 1966, one prototype crashed after colliding in mid-air with a smaller jet aircraft, the remaining Valkyrie bomber is in the National Museum of the United States Air Force."

Available at an AVSIM near you.

Dave

Mick
January 18th, 2015, 05:00
Looks promising. Off to grab it now.

It's a bit modern for my tastes and my sims, but just a little bit. It can live at Edwards AFB in my FsJetAge sim that I'm working on, that will be set around the early sixties.

Have you (or anyone) compared it with the one Massimo Altieri released back in 2003?

dhazelgrove
January 18th, 2015, 06:50
Looks promising. Off to grab it now.

It's a bit modern for my tastes and my sims, but just a little bit. It can live at Edwards AFB in my FsJetAge sim that I'm working on, that will be set around the early sixties.

Have you (or anyone) compared it with the one Massimo Altieri released back in 2003?

It's only AI - doesn't pretend to be fly-able - so comparisons aren't worth doing.

Dave

fsafranek
January 18th, 2015, 07:47
It's only AI - doesn't pretend to be fly-able - so comparisons aren't worth doing.

Dave
So true. Apples and oranges.
:ernaehrung004:

Mick
January 18th, 2015, 16:43
Ah !!! I see !!!

I didn't spot the "AI" in the description. :culpability:

That's OK - it will still live at Edwards in my Jet Age sim. In fact, it will be there all the time, making the occasional test flight whenever I'm there flying whatever - maybe the flyable XB-70, but more likely something not quite so modern.