PDA

View Full Version : Airport Grass / desert floor

ejoiner
January 14th, 2015, 15:32
Hi Guys, not 100 percent sure this is where this question goes...but I have a question that I am not sure is FTX related or not.

I have recently installed James Foutz's excellent Area 51 airport/base. In the screenshots it shows desert floor, which it should. its in a dry lake bed. However, on install on my system, the base of the airport is grass. I have seen this once before with a 3rd party airfield at KLSV Nellis AFB addon. James says the base should be brown dirt/sand. However on my system it shows up grass.

Is this something I can edit, or is this something that Orbx/FTX does? I have FTX global base along with Vectors and a number of other Orbx products including N. California, CRM etc. None of those reaches out into the Nevada desert though.

Looks a little weird coming into what should be a dry lake bed, to see nice green grass!!!

Eric

falcon409
January 14th, 2015, 17:13
Most likely I would suspect Orbx. You can deactivate Orbx for a time and take a look at that scenery again. . .that should tell you.

ejoiner
January 14th, 2015, 17:30
Most likely I would suspect Orbx. You can deactivate Orbx for a time and take a look at that scenery again. . .that should tell you.

Thanks. Can you tell me if you have the same scenery installed and can tell me if the green grass shows for you? I have posted this in the Orbx/FTX forums as well. I have the same issue at KLSV Nellis AFB, scenery.

falcon409
January 14th, 2015, 18:18
Thanks. Can you tell me if you have the same scenery installed and can tell me if the green grass shows for you? I have posted this in the Orbx/FTX forums as well. I have the same issue at KLSV Nellis AFB, scenery.
Sorry, no, while I do have Orbx FTXGlobal and Global Vector I don't have any Military scenery installed.

CG_1976
January 14th, 2015, 18:29
With just default KLSV and FTX Global/Vector I am not seeing anything oddball. Where are the sceneries located that your using? I could help if I know which one. Now as to the grass as Im in the Vegas AOR RW. It isnt out of the ordinary for Nellis AFB or KLAS to have grass. As for 51 it would be like Creech AFB yuck Desert and mountains, unless your looking for relief from grass pollen lol.

limjack
January 14th, 2015, 20:06
My airports have turned to grass sometimes when I had dx10 checked.

Jim

ejoiner
January 15th, 2015, 15:59
My airports have turned to grass sometimes when I had dx10 checked.

Jim

Not using DX10.