PDA

View Full Version : Current choice for (native) FSX traffic?

DennyA
December 30th, 2014, 16:47
Doing a fresh reinstall of FSX from scratch and was curious as to what folks are finding the best option for AI traffic nowadays.

I was using Traffic 360.

Requirement is native FSX, since I run DX10 Preview mode. Even when FS2004 ports don't have visual issues, they still slow things down a lot more than native FSX SDK AI models.

Nice bonus would be military traffic. Love seeing F-16s over military fields, etc.

What do folks like in late 2014?

b52bob
December 30th, 2014, 16:56
I have traffic 360 and I liked it. I now mostly only use p3d and it doesn't work. The forum says they are working on the upgrade.

Alan_A
December 30th, 2014, 20:16
MyTraffic 5.4b works nicely for me - it can be installed in Prepar3d 2.4 with a few manual adjustments as detailed in their support forum on Simforums. Some people are getting good results in P3D 2.4 with the latest (5.4c) version but it was balky for me. The developer has a Prepar3d version in the works. 5.4c would be the right option for FSX if you go this route. Some of the MyTraffic models are a little primitive if you see them close up, but it gives a nice selection of traffic, including military traffic (to my knowledge, the only payware all-in-one package that does this). Unless you insist on real-world airline schedules (which Ultimate Traffic 2 offers), it's a good all-around choice - worth looking at at least. Others like to build their own via freeware packages (World of AI, Military AI works) but I never wanted to go to all that trouble - I'd rather be flying, as the bumper sticker says. Hope this helps.

stansdds
December 31st, 2014, 03:42
I've been pleased with Ultimate Traffic 2. I have commercial aviation at 100%, general aviation at 45%.

dhasdell
December 31st, 2014, 03:49
I am happy with Traffic 360, but if you are Seattleish you might try the freeware NA GA traffic from Orbx and also take a look at Orbx PNW. There's a free demo of the Olympic Peninsula, which got me hooked.

dhazelgrove
December 31st, 2014, 06:36
I'm in the 'do-it-yourself' camp. It's more fun.

Dave

Naismith
December 31st, 2014, 12:52
I've been pleased with Ultimate Traffic 2. I have commercial aviation at 100%, general aviation at 45%.
So am I the only trouble is they seem to have stopped with the updated schedules which is a shame.

big-mike
December 31st, 2014, 13:02
MyTraffic 5.4c for years now.
Mike