PDA

View Full Version : Benoit Dube has passed on

fsafranek
December 29th, 2014, 08:49
For all of you who knew Benoît Dubé, I received an email from his son eldest son, Marc-Alexandre Dubé.

Benoît passed away at 19:05, December 26th, 2014, at Hôtel-Dieu de Montréal hospital. He died in peace, surrounded by his wife, his sons, his brothers and sisters and other member of his family.

Benoît est décédé le 26 décembre 2014, à 19 h 05, à l'hôpital Hôtel-Dieu de Montréal. Il est mort dans la sérénité, entouré de sa femme, ses fils, ses frères et ses soeurs et d'autres membres de sa famille.

I have been in contact with Benoît for many years through my Mirage website. We discussed projects and just chatted since he was also on this side of the Atlantic. He was very active with the Royal French Navy group. I worked with him to make the French to English translations of their documentation. He was also very involved with Restauravia.

It is never easy to read about names we have seen in this hobby passing. It is even harder when you can look in your old emails and see their name many times going back many years. I am very sad today.

modelr
December 29th, 2014, 08:57
May he Rest in Peace.

mal998
December 29th, 2014, 09:45
Sad news indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to all his friends and family. He will be missed.

ce_zeta
December 29th, 2014, 09:50
Rest in Peace Benoît.

Francois
December 29th, 2014, 09:58
Thoughts with those he left behind. Always sad to lose an active member of this shrinking hobby particularly !

harrybasset
December 29th, 2014, 11:08
Very sad news, I always enjoyed and looked out for his work together with that of his compatriots. There is that extra something to anything from RFN and Restauravia, their quality makes me try to be a better user.

Mickey D
December 29th, 2014, 12:27
So sad to hear that Frank. I remember conversing with him on Skype when he beta tested the Big E for us. RIP Benoit and my thoughts go out to his family.

trucker17
December 29th, 2014, 12:30
I had the privilege of talking to him a couple of time, in the past.....
He will be missed very much....
May he Rest in Peace.

TARPSBird
December 29th, 2014, 12:44
Rest in Peace, Benoît.

roger-wilco-66
December 29th, 2014, 13:11
Sad news (again), may Benoit rest in peace.

Mark

stovall
December 29th, 2014, 13:15
Sorry to hear the bad news. Benoit rest in peace. Thoughts are with the family.

Cees Donker
December 29th, 2014, 13:26
Benoit was one of the testers of the Fokker G.1. Such a nice guy! Very sad news indeed!

Cees

Roger
December 29th, 2014, 13:34
Such a shame. Another of the Fs world's big names passes on.

RIP Benoit.

JensOle
December 29th, 2014, 13:35
We are a rather small "community", one which is build on the enthusiasm and talent of people. Sad news to hear about Benoit. Rest in peace.

Sundog
December 29th, 2014, 13:49
My condolences to his family and friends. His passing is indeed a great loss to our simming community.

txnetcop
December 29th, 2014, 14:41
Very sad to hear this Godspeed Benoit!
Ted

huub vink
December 30th, 2014, 01:15
Thanks for informing us Frank.

As "bmd" he was a regular visitor of the SOH, who always ended his posts with "Have a good day Benoit". Benoit has programmed many flight dynamics in the past (and not just for Restauravia and Alpha Ciel Blue). Most likely we all fly of have flown models with his configuration and air files, perhaps even without being aware of this.....
Those who have had the privilege to work with him, know he was a extremely patient, nice and kind person.

I will really miss him,

Huub

Cleartheprop
December 30th, 2014, 05:19
I am very sad to hear that.
My thoughts are with his family.
Rest in Peace Benoit.

big-mike
December 30th, 2014, 06:16
Very sad to read this.
Rest in Peace,Benoit.
Mike

dhazelgrove
December 30th, 2014, 06:52
Now he tries on his own wings.

Dave

Roadburner440
December 30th, 2014, 07:24
Very sad news. Seems like we are losing a lot of folks around here lately. May he R.I.P., and at least his family was there for him during those final moments.