PDA

View Full Version : A question about weight...

ThinkingManNeil
December 23rd, 2014, 08:39
Hi all;

Just had a question about changing weight parameters in an aircraft CFG. I'm a big fan of Rick Piper's Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat, but every time I take it up with my weight (210 lbs) and that of a passenger I'm forced to significantly reduce the fuel load. Doing a little research I found Rick had limited the gross weight of the aircraft to meet the UK's CAA specifications for an ultralight (992 lbs/450 kg) while the aircraft is more than capable of lifting more as an LSA or certified aircraft (as high as 1,322 lbs/600 KG with a 530 lbs/290 KG useful load) utilizing the ubiquitous 100 hp Rotax 912ULS engine. So my question is can I go into the aircraft CFG and simply adjust the numbers to reflect these higher weights and still expect it to fly well, or will other parameters in the CFG need to be changed?

N.

Bjoern
December 23rd, 2014, 09:30
Adjusting "max_gross_weight =" should do. Moment of inertia when loaded is calculated by FSX based on payload and fuel and its locations, so expect it to be a bit more sluggish at the new MTOW.