PDA

View Full Version : Skinning...................

Cazzie
January 26th, 2009, 13:14
I have taken upon myself to get every airplane on the 2nd US postage stamp from several years past and the one plane I did not already hve for FS9 was a martin B-10. Well, I found one at Simviation and the flight model is not all that bad, but the skin was horrific. So ol' skinner cleaned it up, gave her some corrugations and the proper true blue and orange-yellow. I still plan to clean up the jaggies in the wing walks, thanks Chris B. the pen tool is the thing for that.

Caz

First two screens are the default with my wings (I boo-booed, but intended on doing so later), as I shall the fuselage. It has the default propwash also.

Last three are my clean up, repaint, and propwash. I look on designer's models as I do plastic models, some are crudely done, but with a little TLC can be brought out of the closet.

Caz

Baron von Blutwurst
January 26th, 2009, 13:19
nice rework Cazzie...she looks the part now m8.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

pointy31
January 26th, 2009, 13:20
Oooh! Pointy like.....:monkies:

OBIO
January 26th, 2009, 14:08
Looking good Cazzie..your work will save me some work LOL. I downloaded that plane to add to my hangar, which is 95% pre-50s and radial powered. Some time back, I converted that plane to CFS2, and you are right...the stock skin was less than pretty.

OBIO

Smashing Time
January 26th, 2009, 17:57
looks alot better Cazzie. Here is some reference material if you can use it a from a squadron signal publication: Air Force Colors Vol1 by Dana Bell.
:kilroy: