PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 sources and does CFS1CD give chance of upgrade price ?

BOBC
December 17th, 2014, 18:22
Hi,
I see I have the CD CFS but not CFS3 so assuming there is no upgrade price I need to source CFS3 now.
Where can CFS3 be purchased now ?
I have Win7 64bit pro, should I ask for anything in particular or just CFS3 ?

Might there be an upgrade option on CFS does anyone know ?

BOBC

gecko
December 17th, 2014, 19:55
I'm pretty sure you'll have to buy it, amazon, eBay, etc I still occasionally see it in the store. The good news is it's usually pretty cheap.

MajorMagee
December 17th, 2014, 23:58
The question seems a bit odd coming 12 years after CFS3's initial release and many years after the development team was disbanded entirely, but Microsoft never offered a migration path from CFS to CFS2 to CFS3. Each were treated as independent program releases rather than upgrades of the same software.

Pat Pattle
December 18th, 2014, 00:51
Hi BOBC,

I recently bought a copy of CFS3 from E-bay for a couple of quid to keep as a spare. Just looking again now and there's still plenty of copies to be had. :0)

BOBC
December 18th, 2014, 10:39
Hi BOBC,

I recently bought a copy of CFS3 from E-bay for a couple of quid to keep as a spare. Just looking again now and there's still plenty of copies to be had. :0)
Cheers,
At least I know I cant save a few pounds by going upgrade.

Now have one from ebay on its way.

BOBC

sixstrings5859
December 20th, 2014, 03:52
Remember , after installing cfs3 , to install each of the two updates .Be sure to load and play game after install and after each update.

capun
December 20th, 2014, 07:27
If you are in the US, look at the bargain bins at Target, Wal-Mart, Office Depot, Staples, etc.

I found them a few years back in a couple of places. I think I picked up a copy for $2.99 on a clearance sale.