PDA

View Full Version : Totally dumb noob question

rich12545
December 15th, 2014, 15:09
Eight years flying FS9.

In FSX how do flights work? It looks like they all need to dumped in My Documents\Flight Simular X Files.

How can I put their folders in the Flights folder (like FS9) and then somehow access them inside FSX?

Any help would be appreciated.

falcon409
December 15th, 2014, 15:42
Eight years flying FS9.
In FSX how do flights work? It looks like they all need to dumped in My Documents\Flight Simular X Files.
How can I put their folders in the Flights folder (like FS9) and then somehow access them inside FSX?
Any help would be appreciated.
You're correct, all flights are saved in the "My Documents" folder. When you save a flight that's where it goes. To access them you go back to the Flight Planner, select "load" and load whatever flight you wish.

rich12545
December 15th, 2014, 17:00
So I guess that includes all flights that I didn't save? That includes all flights that I got as part of a scenery? They all get dumped there not even in separate folders? All together?

falcon409
December 15th, 2014, 19:17
So I guess that includes all flights that I didn't save? That includes all flights that I got as part of a scenery? They all get dumped there not even in separate folders? All together?
That's right.

rich12545
December 15th, 2014, 20:21
Wow. That kind of discourages the use of flights. Thank you for the answers.

falcon409
December 15th, 2014, 20:27
Wow. That kind of discourages the use of flights. Thank you for the answers.
Why is that? You can still load them?

dhasdell
December 15th, 2014, 22:05
You can even go into the My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder, click on a flight and launch FSX directly with that flight loaded instead of the default flight. I'm not sure why you would want to, but you can if ever you do!

falcon409
December 16th, 2014, 04:36
You can even go into the My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder, click on a flight and launch FSX directly with that flight loaded instead of the default flight. I'm not sure why you would want to, but you can if ever you do!
Actually, when I'm doing scenery work on an airport, I'll save the flight to my desktop so that once I make some additions or changes I can load the flight by just double clicking the flight icon and it loads right into the airport. I usually keep 3 or 4 on my desktop for the most recent flights.