PDA

View Full Version : PMDG 777 Advice....

RyanJZ
December 9th, 2014, 13:37
I'm really considering buying it, and my computer meets all the requirements, except my graphics card, which I'm not sure about. It's an Intel(R) HD Graphics family, which I understand to not be quite the best, but my computer seems to run all my other addons fine. I have Windows 7 64-bit 2.20 GHz, 6.00 GB RAM, dual core CPU So guys, what do you think? Will the PMDG 777 run okay on my computer?

ryanbatc
December 9th, 2014, 14:24
I wouldn't even recommend running FSX on a 2.2 GHz CPU

the PMDG birds are much harder on performance than default FSX.

RyanJZ
December 9th, 2014, 14:39
I was worried FSX wouldn't run too good on my computer, but I get fps all the way in the 50s with default planes, and 25-35 with most addons.

ryanbatc
December 9th, 2014, 15:12
That's surprising... The sim probably doesn't look great I'm guessing...

Either way, it's your money.

RyanJZ
December 9th, 2014, 15:33
Well I use Megascenery for most of the areas I fly in, so I can get away with lower scenery settings. Also I'm more concerned with smooth fps and realistic aircraft/systems simulation than I am with scenery. My computer meets all the requirements for the 777, I'm just not sure about my graphics card, as the requirements say "1GB DirectX 9 compatible Nvidia or ATI card. Onboard motherboard or CPU video is not supported. Some of the newer Intel designs may work but we cannot guarantee compatibility". I understand Its pretty heavy duty. I'd go out and by a new computer, but PMDG makes it sound like the 777 will not work on Windows 8, and thats what all the new computers run now

RyanJZ
December 10th, 2014, 20:07
Guys? Can anyone tell me if it'll work on my computer? I don't wanna blow $100 if it's not gonna work properly on my system

Tim-HH
December 11th, 2014, 00:13
I was worried FSX wouldn't run too good on my computer, but I get fps all the way in the 50s with default planes, and 25-35 with most addons.

Which addons do you use? If you can run the PMDG 737 or the Aerosoft Airbus properly you will most likely be able to run the PMDG 777 as well. However, I would recommend to ask about this in the PMDG forum. Maybe someone over there has a similar system.

What I can say is that the PMDG 777 works great under Win 8.1.

Greetings
Tim

RyanJZ
December 11th, 2014, 08:21
Thanks for the tip about the PMDG forum. I don't have too many advanced addons. The most "complex" one I have right now is the Wilco P180, and that woeks just fine on my system. The PMDG 777 would be my first addon with that level of systems depth. I was considering their 737NGX, but I heard it hits FPS harder than the 777

imn2sims
December 11th, 2014, 16:19
from their product page:
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS Minimum OS: Windows 7 64-bit (older OSes such as Windows XP, 32-bit OSes, and Windows 8 may work, but we cannot guarantee compatibility or support) Processor: Core 2 Duo or greater RAM: 4GB Video Card: 1GB DirectX 9 compatible Nvidia or ATI card. Onboard motherboard or CPU video is not supported. Some of the newer Intel designs may work but we cannot guarantee compatibility. Monitor: Widescreen 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio highly recommended Recommended OS: Windows 7 64-bit Processor: Intel Core i5/i7 Sandy Bridge/IvyBridge/Haswell series RAM: 8GB+ Video Card: 2GB+ latest generation Nvidia. (example: GeForce GTX 760, 770, 780) Monitor: Widescreen with 16:10 aspect ratio PMDG *highly* recommends that you choose a 64-bit operating system to avoid problems with FSX running out of memory due to a 32-bit environment.

Me again:
You probably already read the above and I agree with others that you should probably seek advice on the AVSIM PMDG 777 forum. Personally I run an old ALienware M17 Laptop QuadCore Extreme that is mildly overclocked to 2.9 Ghz with Nvidia 260M and have no problems running the 777. It is in fact easier on frames than the 737NGX. I lock FPS at 24fps and get close to that except in heavy weather (ASN) or at more complex airport scenerys where it will drop as low as 12 fps but still quite flyable.
Steve

RyanJZ
December 11th, 2014, 21:21
Thanks for the input. My computer isn't too fancy, and it doesn't sound like the PMDG 777 will work with my processor/graphics system. I'll just save to get a better computer that it will work on... at least there's the Posky 777! :P

warchild
December 12th, 2014, 00:38
my quad core is only 2.4 ghz and runs fsx beautifully, P3D too, but i'd have major concerns with a dual core trying to run it. May I recommend taking a look at IFly's offerings?? They arent as exacting to the technology that PMDG is, but they are still wonderfully done pro level aircraft that are challenging and enjoyable.

Tim-HH
December 12th, 2014, 08:12
my quad core is only 2.4 ghz and runs fsx beautifully, P3D too, but i'd have major concerns with a dual core trying to run it. May I recommend taking a look at IFly's offerings?? They arent as exacting to the technology that PMDG is, but they are still wonderfully done pro level aircraft that are challenging and enjoyable.

Another advantage with iFly/Flight1 is that they offer a 30-day-money-back guarantee. So if the aircraft does not perform properly on your computer you can get your money back.

Greetings
Tim

RyanJZ
December 12th, 2014, 09:44
Wow thanks for all the help guys! I'll go check out what IFly has! :jump: