PDA

View Full Version : Piglets T-33

ejoiner
December 7th, 2014, 13:24
Hi all,

was checking out the screenshot thread and was very impressed with Henrys repaints of Tim Conrads T-33. I had not flown that plane since FS9. Since it looked so good with Henrys work, I downloaded it again and installed his stuff along with the plane. I read the txt file instructions on load out at 75% fuel since it is default somewhat overweight. however, i remembered why I stopped flying this plane in FS9. I find it to be very sluggish to fly even at lighter fuel weights.

I have no idea if this is the correct flight model as I have no idea what a real T-33 flies like. However, wouldnt this airplane be somewhat more snappy in the roll axis than it is? I find it maneuvers more like a C-141. It could be that this plane is totally correctly modelled and I just need to fly something else. Sure does look good with Henrys ink on her!!!

Eric

thunder100
December 7th, 2014, 13:27
You could try the Alphasim freeware FDE

Roland

ejoiner
December 7th, 2014, 13:44
You could try the Alphasim freeware FDE

Roland

Hi Roland. Thats cool. I wasnt aware there was an alphasim freeware FDE! I checked out the virtavia freeware and didnt see it... can you tell me where to find it?

kind regards and THANKS!

Eric

glh
December 7th, 2014, 14:25
The Lockheed T-33 was a 2-seat jet trainer that was derived from the original F-80 single-seat
jet fighter. To my knowledge, Lockheed just added a second seat and a second set of controls.
All other systems and the power plant were the same.

You may want to adjust the weight and add a second seat to the F-80 .cfg file but that is up to you.

Here's the single-seat F-80. Use the .air and .cfg file and adjust title, sound, panel, etc. accordingly.

Have fun.

http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/ALPHA_F-80_Shooting_Star_FS9.zip

Jafo
December 7th, 2014, 14:28
http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php
What you're looking for is the F80 ...;)

Edit....beaten to the punch....;)

falcon409
December 7th, 2014, 15:50
Hi all,

was checking out the screenshot thread and was very impressed with Henry's repaints of Tim Conrad's T-33. I had not flown that plane since FS9. Since it looked so good with Henry's work, I downloaded it again and installed his stuff along with the plane. I read the txt file instructions on load out at 75% fuel since it is default somewhat overweight. however, i remembered why I stopped flying this plane in FS9. I find it to be very sluggish to fly even at lighter fuel weights.

I have no idea if this is the correct flight model as I have no idea what a real T-33 flies like. However, wouldn't this airplane be somewhat more snappy in the roll axis than it is? I find it maneuvers more like a C-141. It could be that this plane is totally correctly modeled and I just need to fly something else. Sure does look good with Henry's ink on her!!!

Eric
Are you flying the FSX Native T-33 that was redone with Tim's permission or the original FS9 portover?

thunder100
December 8th, 2014, 00:27
Hi

I use these ones-->CREDIT goes to the Autor-->all freeware

Roland

johndetrick
December 8th, 2014, 02:44
I thought that I had redone the cfg and airfile for this aircraft in my TV-2 version.

odourboy
December 8th, 2014, 04:23
Hi

I use these ones-->CREDIT goes to the Autor-->all freeware

Roland

And the winner is???

falcon409
December 8th, 2014, 05:17
The correct FSX Native T-33A download file is this one_T-33A_fsx_2010.zip, found here on the SOH download site. HenryW and several others also added their excellent repaints using the Hi-Res paint kit I produced. File size is approx. 92meg.

ejoiner
December 8th, 2014, 05:42
The correct FSX Native T-33A download file is this one_T-33A_fsx_2010.zip, found here on the SOH download site. HenryW and several others also added their excellent repaints using the Hi-Res paint kit I produced. File size is approx. 92meg.

I am using the correct FSX 2010 zip version. thanks to all for the advice here!!

Eric

odourboy
December 8th, 2014, 06:18

Thanks! That is NOT the air file I was using, so I'll give it a go. (Curiously, the aircraft.cfg is identical to the one I have. )

thunder100
December 8th, 2014, 07:19
And the winner is???

For me the TV-2

But I never have seen the real plane flying

Roland

ejoiner
December 8th, 2014, 07:24
For me the TV-2

But I never have seen the real plane flying

Roland

I didnt try the TV2. The P80+T33.zip files worked well for me.

falcon409
December 8th, 2014, 09:10
. . . . . .(Curiously, the aircraft.cfg is identical to the one I have. )
Not surprising really. An airplane get's a makeover, in this case Tim gave permission for his T-33 to be converted to full native FSX, I redid the entire VC with hi-res textures, plus producing the hi-res paint kit and radioman(?sp) did the conversion I believe and HenryW and a few others (myself included) added some nice repaints. Not long after that was produced, I saw another package that came out that lacked the hi-res paints, didn't contain the VC I had done and was supposed to be the "latest and greatest". Somebody doesn't like the way the tires sit on the runway or how the aircraft flies (even though they've never been near a T-33). . .they make a few changes to cfg and air files. . .some folks get it, others don't and that set makes the rounds of a small group. Eventually someone else takes what they have, along with a few new repaints, posts that file and you end up with a T-33A about as far removed as you can get from the original which was tweaked and tested for accuracy. So, I'm not surprised at how things get mixed and matched over a period of time. I think it's great that there are so many folks who genuinely want to tweak and make things better. . .the problem arises when those updates, tweaks, changes and so on get lost over time because they were not uploaded anywhere as a total package. It can be a daunting task sometimes to track down everything that's been done to a specific aircraft to get it to it's current state, including all the original work done to make the quality package it was to begin with.

Naismith
December 8th, 2014, 12:59
Wishing Piglet could return. He is sorely missed.

ejoiner
December 8th, 2014, 13:01
Wishing Piglet could return. He is sorely missed.

What happened to Piglet?

falcon409
December 8th, 2014, 18:38
What happened to Piglet?
I believe he moved on to a world beyond the rivet counters and "is it done yet" children. A happy place. I wish him well.

OleBoy
December 8th, 2014, 18:50
That's sadly a fact what Falcon mentions. Piglet was a prolific modeler that had a true passion inside. At times I wish he was still here. It's possible he still is. Lurking and getting what he wants from the hobby. Not what others want.

If you're still around, Tim, thanks for all you shared.
Here's one I remember well. I fly it often.
http://i.imgur.com/R66yO7L.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/p2B1weR.jpg

falcon409
December 8th, 2014, 21:46
Love that airplane. Is that one of your repaints Don??

OleBoy
December 9th, 2014, 05:43
When Piglet released the SS4-P it was an immediate eye grabber for my interests. I like the more thought out concept types. Granted Tim concocted that one from bits and pieces of several models, but his mind and creativity was always flowing. I think if Piglet would have stayed around there may have been possibility of Beechcraft Starship or something more in that direction.

The repaint is my doing. I was trying to put my mind where a modelers karma might be while designing.

ejoiner
December 9th, 2014, 06:35
I believe he moved on to a world beyond the rivet counters and "is it done yet" children. A happy place. I wish him well.

Ah. too bad.

Considering how amazingly prolific Tim was, and the quality of his work, he is really missed by me at least. he didnt produce the uber detailed systems type models, but so what? I enjoyed his work!

At least he isnt on the beach alone. Mike Stone is there as well then.

Jafo
December 9th, 2014, 11:21
One of my all-time favourites....so 'easy' to paint....once you got your head around the quirky bits....;)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16478&stc=1

Bjoern
December 13th, 2014, 07:57
Yo Henry, did the cockpit upgrade ever get finished?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?52794-T-33-cockpit&p=578272&viewfull=1#post578272

Library link to Henry's repaints:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=7405&sort=d

J33 sounds (4th from top):
http://simviation.com/1/browse-Flight+Simulator+Sounds-112-9

heywooood
December 13th, 2014, 08:29
FWIW this is my favorite of Piglets Pups...

I sure would like to know that he is ok and that this is a hiatus (not a "hates us") or a health issue...

Merry Xmas wherever you are Tim Conrad

falcon409
December 13th, 2014, 08:39
Yo Henry, did the cockpit upgrade ever get finished?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?52794-T-33-cockpit&p=578272&viewfull=1#post578272

I'd like to get that as well. . .I thought mine was really good, but this one is far better. Nice work Henry!