PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - for Christmas

dhazelgrove
December 6th, 2014, 11:37
What would you like in your stocking - other than a leg, of course?

I'll start off with a request for a Phantom.

Dave

Christoph_T
December 6th, 2014, 11:56
I'd like to have a SU-50 PAKFA with a good paintkit!
Would be my plane of the year!!

DaveWG
December 6th, 2014, 12:17
Tacpack for P3d :santahat:

Alan_A
December 6th, 2014, 12:30
I'll take a note under the tree that says that Manfred's C-47 will be available with Jan's vintage VC sometime in 2015. Am not expecting the VC itself - just the note will be fine!

pilottj
December 6th, 2014, 12:45
Lets see, an accusimmed Howard 500 with animated wet bar, a nicely shaped companion, or two, or three, in the cabin or copilot's seat....yeah....and then I woke up....:pop4:

lol as far as *soon releases, looking forward to RealAirs Turbine Duke V2

Happy Holidays folks.

Cheers
TJ

rezn550
December 6th, 2014, 13:26

one (or better both) of the two tornados beeing worked on.... but i have a feeling that this is not gonna happen this christmas :sorrow:

Bill Kestell
December 6th, 2014, 13:57
I'll second what Allan_A wrote and add:

Vertigo Studio's B-25 MITCHELL

Warbirdsim's P-39 AIRACOBRA

Razbam's SB2C HELLDIVER

Henry
December 6th, 2014, 14:01
a left one would be handy:biggrin-new: a hand woild be good also irealy wantedone iftheese no pig:banghead:plc
h

roger-wilco-66
December 6th, 2014, 14:06
Vertigos B-25. If this comes into being, anytime will be christmas.
Ah, and before it goes unnoticed, same thing with RAZBAMs beautiful SB2C Heldiver and Johns immaculate P-39.
Now, did I forget anything... thinkthinkthink... the new VC for MJahns C-47, of course!!

Cheers!
Mark

[Edit: hey seems like I'm not alone !]

ejoiner
December 6th, 2014, 14:12

I'll start off with a request for a Phantom.

Dave

TrackIR. Dont have it. have decided its really impossible to enjoy military simming any more without it.

Bushpounder
December 6th, 2014, 14:14
Piper Aztec, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not going to live forever!!! :)

Don

Rudyjo
December 6th, 2014, 14:25
It won't fit in a stocking, but I'd like to find a Morgan Three Wheeler in the garage.

manfredc3
December 6th, 2014, 14:54
Well, already have the GoFlight MCP-Pro under the tree, but some extra wished never hurt.

The following would be nice:

The VVC by Jan Visser, for the C-47 from Manfred Jahn
PMDG Douglas DC-6
A2A C-182
Orbx any scenery.

Okay, I'd better stop, or the wife will think that I am never satisfied (she might be right, lol).

CG_1976
December 6th, 2014, 15:11
An FSX native Il76 re engined
New Yellowknife, Whitehorse for FSX to compliment the CYFB for FSX
A true MH65C
A Kodiak CGAS, and Horny Bird Int. aka Attu, Casco Cove CGS:biggrin-new:

delta_lima
December 6th, 2014, 15:16
I have a few aircraft that I'd love to see in FSX.

That said, between losing a very close personal friend a few weeks ago, and just recently hearing of Paul Clawson's passing - has given me pause to consider about the brevity and beauty of life. Looking further afield to Syria, Iraq, and Africa, we see folks just hoping they'll live to see another day. In that context, my hope for a Lockheed Jetstar, an IAI Kfir, or North American FJ-4 Fury is pretty hard to really feel strongly about.

My hope? That the circle of friendship this community shares, be complete; that all members alive with us today be alive and safe this time next year, and that kindness, consideration, and collegiality continue as the hallmark of SOH.

Thanks,

dl

OleBoy
December 6th, 2014, 16:15
I also have a few aircraft I would love to see. In FSX, and Prepar3D. In particular, the ones I modeled or are (were) in the process of. The Aeronca-K, Rearwin Speedster, and a Kaman Kmax K-1200 Helicopter. Although my ability to warp (wrap) my brain into virtual reality so I can stay focused, does not happen long. I find myself doing things in moderation. Very limited at that.

Well said DL

roger-wilco-66
December 6th, 2014, 16:47

That said, between losing a very close personal friend a few weeks ago, and just recently hearing of Paul Clawson's passing - has given me pause to consider about the brevity and beauty of life. Looking further afield to Syria, Iraq, and Africa, we see folks just hoping they'll live to see another day. In that context, my hope for a Lockheed Jetstar, an IAI Kfir, or North American FJ-4 Fury is pretty hard to really feel strongly about.

My hope? That the circle of friendship this community shares, be complete; that all members alive with us today be alive and safe this time next year, and that kindness, consideration, and collegiality continue as the hallmark of SOH.

Thanks,

dl

Very sensible words, DL, I'm almost ashamed of my selfish utterings above.
I went through the loss of a very dear friend last year and can relate to that. I also cherish many connections here in SOH and hope that this stays with us for a long time. Nothing can be taken for granted and there must be times to appreciate for what we actually have. So cheers and a big "DITTO!" to what you wrote above.

Best,
Mark

Alan_A
December 6th, 2014, 16:53
Amen to that, delta_lima!

ryanbatc
December 6th, 2014, 17:56
Realair Turbine Duke v2 :jump:

Francois
December 7th, 2014, 00:40
Delta Lima has the right answer.

Cees Donker
December 7th, 2014, 00:43

Thanks,

dl

So true DL. Well spoken!

Cees

Bjoern
December 7th, 2014, 04:26
As usual: More time and motivation.

Dumonceau
December 7th, 2014, 04:34
Agreed with DL!

But personally I would also love an FSX native B-26K Counter-Invader! or more Belgian repaints for given aircraft, although I must admit that us Belgians have been well served by the likes of Zsolt, Peter Watkins, our own Huub and some more!

Cheers,

Dumonceau

Montie
December 7th, 2014, 05:26
An EA-18G Growler, an E-2C Hawkeye and for some reason the Area51 scenery Ninja_Mouse worked on. :santahat:

Wizard
December 7th, 2014, 14:51
I'd like to see someone take FSX and give us FS11 - with complete, correct, and thorough documentation of SimConnect, and all the rest of the modules. I know - P3D is doing it - but I'd like to see a real - for the public - version I can purchase. :very_drunk: Hey - a fellow can dream can't he?

AFA friends and their passing - "Life is full of Meetings and Partings" -- I think is a direct quote from Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Christmas Carol). I've parted with two friends this year at the relatively young age of 50. :sorrow:

And this *is* a great community! :sentimental:

JimmyRFR
December 7th, 2014, 18:15
Well, I spent a good portion of the evening thus far listening to 40's-50's Christmas songs with my wife, while we watched our 2 year old play like a madmen with his trains (he's more interested in trains than planes, but that is most certainly not for a lack of my trying to convince him of the superiority of the latter!). For Christmas, I would simply like many more evenings just like this one.

Well, okay... I would also like an up-to-date DHC-2!

manfredc3
December 7th, 2014, 22:30
Well I posted my wishlist earlier, but do want to give my 5 cents on later remarks posted.

This year my friend's 8 year old son passed away unexpectedly, and he just loved my flight simulator. I was his "Buddy". I saw him the night before the tragic morning. It hit us all very hard and put everything back in perspective.

Life is too short for anyone, no matter what age, and we'd better enjoy every opportunity enjoying time with our loved one's, and take the time to remember those that are no longer among us.
Having said that, I am convinced that the one's we lost would not want us to stop doing what we love to do, and for this community it's flight simming.

So, keep those wishes coming, while we enjoy the time with our loved one's, and remember those we lost.

Okay, now I am feeling better.

Jimmy, I hope you will have many more of those wonderful evenings with your wife and son, whether it's with fixed trails or fixed wings!

mvg3d
December 8th, 2014, 00:18
An FSX Fiat G.91.......(R or Y).....Pleaseeeee !!!

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

huub vink
December 8th, 2014, 00:41
As I'm Dutch we celebrate Saint Nicolas on the 5th of December on which the figure of Santa Claus is based. However my children are grown and when you have to think about what you would like to get, most probably means you already have enough.

So no presents this year, but a small gift to try to enable the people in the countries which have to face Ebola a bit of a normal life.

And a good health to you all,

Huub

roger-wilco-66
December 8th, 2014, 01:27
On a lighter side, we actually fulfilled a whish already here.
I bought three sets of Saitek panels - switch panel, autopilot and radio panel - and delegate my son (six years) to operate them like a co-pilot during our frequent flights together (mostly with the lovely C-47). He loves that and is doing amazingly well, and asks thousands of "why this - why that" questions, which is always a good sign. Moreover, he educates the kids and the ladies at the day care center about aircraft and piloting now, and everybody there thinks I'm a real world airline pilot :-) . Hehe.

These panels are great btw, in my opinion, and one gets accustomed to them very fast.

Cheers,
Mark

dhazelgrove
December 8th, 2014, 03:47
Here's more:

An FSX-native Mirage F1 - tacpack-enabled, of course.
An FSX-native EE Lightning T5 (well I would want this, wouldn't I?)

Dave

txnetcop
December 8th, 2014, 04:52

Thanks,

dl

Well said and a great Christmas wish.
Ted