View Full Version : ORBX Victa Air tourer released

Roger
November 30th, 2014, 09:28
Good looking little aircraft!

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88357-victa-air-tourer-released/

Good screenshots here https://www.fullterrain.com/product/victaairtourer

BendyFlyer
November 30th, 2014, 23:56
Looks like they have done a very good job on the Victa right down to the centre spade handle control stick, did not see if they managed to replicate the ratchet trim lever (sure it was borrowed off a Victa lawnmower) and the dual throttle controls one on the left and one on the right. All things aside, a rugged little aeroplane built to take +/- 6G but underpowered with the 100 and 115 HP engines. The vision was very good with the bubble canopy but they could be pretty hot on a summers day. I first went solo in a Victa Airtourer and for my sins later in life spent many hours as military QFI in the bigger brother the CT4 basically the same aeroplane with a military fit out. Don't expect scintillating climb performance on a hot day in Oz you would be lucky to see 500 fpm and they usually gave up and stopped climbing about 6000 to 7000 feet.

I think I will pass on this having spent nearly 3000 hours in them and their variants for real and no desire to replicate the experience but it would be interesting to see if it can do aerobatics like its real life version. Spins were nasty and fast, slow rolls a challenge, a loop always fun and a stall turn took some effort. Passable roll of the top of a loop and they had the glide performance of a brick. Never had an engine failure or other mishap in one, except for a snap roll out of a spin recovery caused by a deformed plastic wing tip cover.

Simple aeroplane in real life, fun to fly and always reliable, a classic. The RAAF have not found a suitable replacement for basic pilot training since they came out.

ryanbatc
December 1st, 2014, 13:55
Price seems steep? Any special systems that make it worth it? I basically see a /A aircraft , stick and rudder skills etc...

YoYo
December 1st, 2014, 14:36
It looks like not a beauty lady ;) .