PDA

View Full Version : 50% off FSX native Glowingheat SR-71 and B-58 Hustler

centuryseries
November 29th, 2014, 01:50
Another shameless plug!

Offer at PC Aviator until Monday. Grab them while you can. :mixed-smiley-010:

TARPSBird
November 29th, 2014, 02:13
That's an offer I can't refuse, as they say in "The Godfather". I just grabbed the B-58 for $13.34, thanks to the GlowingHeat and PC Aviator holiday discounts plus an additional 10% "C'mon back and buy something" email discount from PC Aviator. Cheaper than the Lindberg plastic kit and I don't have to mess with paint and decals. :biggrin-new:

strykerpsg
November 29th, 2014, 05:19
Picked em both up as well. Great pair.... now if only we could incorporate TAC Pack into the B-58.....kidding. Great looking birds.

Mach3DS
November 29th, 2014, 09:08
Highly recommend the B-58!

TARPSBird
November 29th, 2014, 12:32
I flew the B-58 early this morning without consulting the manual, hehe. Everything was fine up at 35K but things went south quick when I attempted to land. Now I guess I'll read the manual. :biggrin-new: The plane is a real blowtorch but I like it.

delta_lima
November 29th, 2014, 15:33
Indeed. On both these models, fuel state/MLW is not merely helpful - but critical, to safe, smooth landings.

To be honest, the VC on the latest GH B-58 model was a bit of a letdown for the full pop price, in my view - but at this price, it'd be a steal. Was enhanced by the cockpit textures found here too, to say nothing of both DaveQ and Rick's awesome addon textures.

The SR-71, with the B model, is also a great value at this price. I bought both at full price, and heartily recommend them to connoisseurs of the these two lovely ladies. Reading the manual will prevent much frustration - don't be in a rush ...

Thanks GH!

:ernaehrung004:

dl

expat
November 29th, 2014, 22:50
Hee hee!! Landed her (crash detection "on") smoothly first attempt at Loring AFB - just need to keep the nose and revs high (a little over 200 knts) and the fuel less than 50%. She is a blow torch.

expat
November 30th, 2014, 01:31
DL - where to find the VC mods?

expat
November 30th, 2014, 01:32

fsafranek
November 30th, 2014, 06:59
You might read through this thread. They may have been an attachment.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?86205-Glowing-Heat-B-58-Hustler-for-FSX-on-Flightsim-Store!!!&highlight=b-58+hustler

I don't see them in the library, just Dave's repaints. Who was Rick mentioned above?

hschuit
November 30th, 2014, 07:29
You might read through this thread. They may have been an attachment.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?86205-Glowing-Heat-B-58-Hustler-for-FSX-on-Flightsim-Store!!!&highlight=b-58+hustler

I don't see them in the library, just Dave's repaints. Who was Rick mentioned above?

That would be member 000rick000, here is the Library link to his alternate VC textures:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?87665-B-58-Alternate-Snoopy-amp-VC-Textures-zip

expat
November 30th, 2014, 13:19
Thank you!

Mach3DS
November 30th, 2014, 16:23
I've been meaning to revisit the VC and the B-58 in general since learning some new techniques which would serve the aircraft well. I have a new specular map that I've been playing around with to give the skin a more realistic appearance. One thing im not familiar with and wouldn't mind some help with is bump mapping...I really want to give the wings especially a little more "waviness" from low aspect viewing angles.

fsafranek
November 30th, 2014, 17:36
I've been meaning to revisit the VC and the B-58 in general since learning some new techniques which would serve the aircraft well. I have a new specular map that I've been playing around with to give the skin a more realistic appearance. One thing im not familiar with and wouldn't mind some help with is bump mapping...I really want to give the wings especially a little more "waviness" from low aspect viewing angles.
Hi Rick. I had a senior moment further up the page.
:ernaehrung004:

ZsoltB
November 30th, 2014, 20:33
FSX B-58 paintkit available?

DaveQ
November 30th, 2014, 21:26
FSX B-58 paintkit available?

Hi Zsolt. The old Alphasim/Virtavia paint kit is the basis of the texture set. It needs a bit of work as there are some changes to be made. Available here (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php?dir=/Paint%20Kits)

DaveQ

centuryseries
November 30th, 2014, 22:25

If my memory serves, I used Gimp to create the bump mapping normal maps etc