PDA

View Full Version : Rami: at your convinence.

Wayland
November 27th, 2014, 19:43
Hi Rami

I attempted to download a campaign file from the SOH Library, and it completed all 3 time, but the file couldn't be opened.

The file is Finland Wars.zip at

www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=44&id=2837

No rush on this, I was just referencing it for airfields.

Steve

alpha_1
November 28th, 2014, 04:20
Hi;

I've had problems in the past with the odd file but found through the advice of other guys here that in some instances I had to disable my anti-virus to get the download to complete properly.

Hope this helps,

Cheers;

Rami
November 28th, 2014, 04:35
Wayland,

Alpha_1 may be right. I downloaded the file from your link three times this morning and had no such problems.

Wayland
November 28th, 2014, 05:07
Hmmm. Looks like the problem is with the Windows-issue Unzip program on my end. I tried several times again and it kept telling me that the zip file was empty. Having done everything else I could think of, I tried 7zip and Lo! it upacked as nicely as you could ask for. I dunno, every time I think I've got this computer schtick figured, it hits me with something out of left field and leaves me running in circles. Thanks for your help, you guys are the greatest!

Steve

Blood_Hawk23
November 28th, 2014, 09:50
Rami it doesn't work for me either. I turn off the anti-virus too. still noting in the folder.

Blood_Hawk23
November 28th, 2014, 09:53
Ok I used my win.rar and all is good. not sure whats up with that one. I would suggest repacking it and reuploading it. It could have been a messed up zip. just a guess.

Allen
November 28th, 2014, 11:17
I 2nd Blood Hawks idea.

Rami
November 28th, 2014, 13:20
Hey guys,

I use WinRaR to zip and unzip everything. Never had a problem with any upload or download.

Wayland
November 29th, 2014, 03:53
Well, I dunno. I've never had a problem with any SOH files before, it has just been this single, isolated incident. 7zip unpacked it just fine, so... Go figure.

Steve

Allen
November 29th, 2014, 18:24
I use the stock Win XP Unzip set up. Sound like the stock Unzip dosen't work with that one zip file. I also get the same error.