PDA

View Full Version : SSW Models

andrea6811
November 21st, 2014, 00:23
High fidelity FSX/P3D military aircraft models WEEK END DISCOUNT

STARTING FORM NOV 21 2014

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15527&d=1416561785

COUPON CODE : CRAZYWEEK

ALL INFORMATION HERE : http://www.simskunkworks.com/web/index.php

​http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Immagine.jpg (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Immagine.jpg.html)

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 00:49
And Today?

William Njurmi
November 21st, 2014, 00:49
Can you quote the reduced prices here? Random shopper cannot enter their shop...

DaveB
November 21st, 2014, 01:53
A waste of time for me I'm afraid. As the SSW site says.. you have to be registered to purchase from there. I registered and never received account activation. In fact.. all I've received since registering there is a Hotmail account full of spam/junk email!!

ATB
DaveB:)

andrea6811
November 21st, 2014, 02:01
A waste of time for me I'm afraid. As the SSW site says.. you have to be registered to purchase from there. I registered and never received account activation. In fact.. all I've received since registering there is a Hotmail account full of spam/junk email!!

ATB

I can activate you, tell me your e-mail and i will create a new account for you

ANdrea

DaveB
November 21st, 2014, 02:09
PM sent;)

ATB

andrea6811
November 21st, 2014, 02:18
PM sent;)

ATB

You are active now

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 03:55

Any idea?

andrea6811
November 21st, 2014, 04:21

Any idea?

Whats's the problem?

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 04:35
Whats's the problem?

too dark,
Please check my pics :mixed-smiley-010:

fsafranek
November 21st, 2014, 06:24
Wrong thread for this discussion. Good way to kill potential sales.

But anyway, check the format of the textures. They may be DDS now but they might not have been originally. "Extended 32 bit 888-8" BMPs (and some others no doubt) will look dark like that after converting to DDS. Might need to convert to DXT3 or DXT5 first and then to DDS. Also make sure there is a cfg file in the texture folder. Sometimes it's as simple as that.

Hope this helps.

Is the F-104S a nice model or would the 104G be better. Certainly more repaint potential with the G since I think Italy and Turkey were the only S model operators while most of NATO flew the G at one time. Sounds like I'm convincing myself towards the G but would like to hear from others who have either or both.

:ernaehrung004:

andrea6811
November 21st, 2014, 06:57
too dark,
Please check my pics :mixed-smiley-010:

This is non edited image from fsx.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Screenshot2014-11-21155549.png (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Screenshot2014-11-21155549.png.html)

YoYo
November 21st, 2014, 07:15
Black Friday is coming too :) !

Im thinking too about this F-84, demo is still present?

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 07:24
This is non edited image from fsx.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Screenshot2014-11-21155549.png (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Screenshot2014-11-21155549.png.html)

different Alu

http://i.imgur.com/cNPvZQ1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GxwR3T0.jpg

:dizzy:

Pluto12
November 21st, 2014, 07:24

Any idea?

Zsolt...
the texture are all in the right format....
open the texture .cfg of the folder texture.5822, there are wrong entries..
these are the correct ones ;)

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\SSW-F84F-TEXTURES\fuselage.5822
fallback.2=..\..\..\SSW-F84F-TEXTURES\fuselage.common
fallback.3=..\..\..\SSW-F84F-TEXTURES\fuselage.bumpspec.common
fallback.4=..\..\..\SSW-F84F-TEXTURES\cockpit.common

Regards
Emanuele

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 07:27
Zsolt...
the texture are all in the right format....

[fltsim]

Regards
Emanuele

Hi Emanuele,

Yes great thanks,but this is UBUNTU

Zsolt

YoYo
November 21st, 2014, 07:30
Hi Emanuele,

Zsolt

Something is wrong, here looks ok: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?84025-SSW-F84-F-Thunderstreak-%28-quot-The-Hog-quot-%29-ready-for-the-sky .

Btw. Is it present still the demo of F-84?

Pluto12
November 21st, 2014, 07:32
Hi Emanuele,

Zsolt

Hi Zsolt...
before the ten pack...with the ten pack is become a SOLO...as reported from the title ;)
Regards
Emanuele

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 07:38
Hi Zsolt...
before the ten pack...with the ten pack is become a SOLO...as reported from the title ;)
Regards
Emanuele

Available in Ten Pack?

Pluto12
November 21st, 2014, 07:46
Available in Ten Pack?

Zsolt..you have already the ten pack....
If you see the thumbnail there is a yellow sign : "Ten Pack"...and the aircraft title report "Fighter Bomber Solo"...
In our later installer the "ten Pack" is inside the main installer.....there is a new "Ten Pack MkII" with others livreries and it is avaliable from our Forum under "User Benefits".
Regards
Emanuele

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 07:56
Zsolt..you have already the ten pack....
If you see the thumbnail there is a yellow sign : "Ten Pack"...and the aircraft title report "Fighter Bomber Solo"...
In our later installer the "ten Pack" is inside the main installer.....there is a new "Ten Pack MkII" with others livreries and it is avaliable from our Forum under "User Benefits".
Regards
Emanuele

Thank you!

Zsolt

William Njurmi
November 21st, 2014, 09:02
Phew! This shopping, installing and activating is not for children!

DaveQ
November 21st, 2014, 09:48
different Alu

http://i.imgur.com/cNPvZQ1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GxwR3T0.jpg

:dizzy:

I think the MO ANG one is one I did, and I spent a lot of time on the natural metal finish, simply because I preferred the way I did it. No criticism of Alessandro or SSW intended, but I found the originals quite dark.

One other point; I know with a few textures the alpha channel only shows in DX10 and in DX9 the skin looks very dark.

DaveQ

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 09:52
I think the MO ANG one is one I did, and I spent a lot of time on the natural metal finish, simply because I preferred the way I did it. No criticism of Alessandro or SSW intended, but I found the originals quite dark.

One other point; I know with a few textures the alpha channel only shows in DX10 and in DX9 the skin looks very dark.

DaveQ

The Ten Pack solved the problem :applause:

DaveB
November 21st, 2014, 10:21
Phew! This shopping, installing and activating is not for children!

hahahaha.. no, it certainly isn't. Neither is it for people of a 'certain age':banghead:

Thanks to Andrea, I finally got my account activated then couldn't decide whether to get the G or the S. Got the G in the end! Installed then jumped in to find I really DID need an activation code for it:a1089: Once more, a quick PM to Andrea who advised the activation code had been sent. A short while later.. we were up and off. A trip to Youtube was required in order to get the ADI up and running but I was happy that was the only thing I needed help with.. that is until I came to steer on the ground. Found a reference in the Zipper info file (which I've yet to try) and will give it a go next time. I have to say I'm happy with what I've seen so far. It flies better than I'd hoped and isn't the complete mare I'd expected:encouragement: An engine with what passes for wings is never going to be agile but it's a lot less skittish than say, the default FA-18 and rather more fun to fly. I'm suitably impressed.
EDIT: Oh.. for those in VAT areas.. the prices quoted at SSW don't include VAT.

ATB

jagl04
November 21st, 2014, 11:28
And Today?

I have just logged in now and the prize is still 20 euros. ????

YoYo
November 21st, 2014, 11:28
Enter code of coupon and click save.

dhazelgrove
November 21st, 2014, 11:30
I have just logged in now and the prize is still 20 euros. ????

Don't forget to use the coupon code - given in the first post of this thread. It does work.

Dave

jagl04
November 21st, 2014, 11:31
Thanks, I´ll do it

DaveB
November 21st, 2014, 12:18
I know the thread is about the SSW sale but it's titled SSW Models so here's a quick question regarding the F104 sounds. I'd expect the Zipper to split my speakers but all I'm hearing is similar to an inverter sound both inside and out. It's not the APU as this comes on when it's turned on and goes off after the engine has fired up and I've turned it off. What remains is nothing like a furgin' great jet!! What have I missed??

Also, the throttle gate guard. I'd expect this to stop the lever going from idle to fuel cutoff but unless I have the sequencing wrong (likely) that aint happenin'. I've yet to land and taxi to where I want to go to before I've moved the throttle back too far and cut the fuel:banghead:

Any ideas from you 104 vets??

ATB

jagl04
November 21st, 2014, 13:06
Paid and downloaded. The airplane get in pause mode in five seconds intervals, I suppose that is the "time limit" until I get the activation key. Am I right?

andrea6811
November 21st, 2014, 13:17
Paid and downloaded. The airplane get in pause mode in five seconds intervals, I suppose that is the "time limit" until I get the activation key. Am I right?

You are right , activation key will be sended via e-mail . I'm not tho one who can provide keys, keys are maded manually but not by me. Be patient the key is on the way .

Andrea

andrea6811
November 21st, 2014, 14:19
I know the thread is about the SSW sale but it's titled SSW Models so here's a quick question regarding the F104 sounds. I'd expect the Zipper to split my speakers but all I'm hearing is similar to an inverter sound both inside and out. It's not the APU as this comes on when it's turned on and goes off after the engine has fired up and I've turned it off. What remains is nothing like a furgin' great jet!! What have I missed??

Also, the throttle gate guard. I'd expect this to stop the lever going from idle to fuel cutoff but unless I have the sequencing wrong (likely) that aint happenin'. I've yet to land and taxi to where I want to go to before I've moved the throttle back too far and cut the fuel:banghead:

ATB

Hei Dave , the sound you hear is the starter sound.When the engine is started after left click on the starter switch , right click on the starter switch and the sound goes off. ( the switch is a start stop switch as real plane gets )

For the engine stop sequence set throttle in idle , click on the throttle override guard ( yellow with black bars ) then left click switch and set throttle to off ( stop ) or click on the shtoff guard cover ( red ) and left click on the switch .Thi is the only way to shutdown engine . If those 2 switch are untouched , the engine wont stop with throttle in off position.

I will make a little tutorial video if my shadowplay come back alive. Hope this help

Also i suggest to download the aircraft manual from the ssw forum in user benefit section under zipper's ( both s & g ) flight manual topic when activated.

Andrea

Montie
November 21st, 2014, 14:39
The F-104G is it differcult to start or a ctrl+e aircraft?

flaviossa
November 21st, 2014, 14:43
Not ctrl+e but very easy to start, following a few steps. In less than 1 minute you´re in the air :encouragement:

strykerpsg
November 21st, 2014, 14:51
Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I added the F-104G to my stable. Without going off topic, are any of the SSW stable Tac Pack compatible?

Thanks for a great looking bird.

odourboy
November 21st, 2014, 17:30
Thanks for the sale SSW... just parked an F84 in the hanger. Just waiting for the activation script.

In the mean time, where's the canopy switch

William Njurmi
November 21st, 2014, 18:50
Move the yellow handle on left backwards until you hear a "clunk", then drag the canopy down from the knob on the right side of the csnopy. Remember to secure before take-off.

These planes are gems, but obviously the makers don't want to become rich. Buying, paying etc was a bit too demanding. This far I haven't found information why there is so many variations. Are those Ubuntus for Linux OS?

Tube and Rag
November 21st, 2014, 19:18
I've wanted the SSW F-104 for a very long time; I, too, was simply ignored by the folks at SSW by never having a registration request answered. I saw this thread early this morning and decided to give it another try. I was amazed when my registration went straight through.

So I bought the F104G, downloaded and installed it right away. That's when the fun started. Fortunately, today was my day off...

The SSW activation process isn't exactly foolproof. The first time I installed the model, the installer didn't ask for activation. I figured out something was wrong when trying to close the canopy and kept getting paused with "Demo model" streaming across the screen. So I reinstalled the model, stumbled onto the correct process, and got activated within minutes.

Back in the cockpit, every bloody step--closing the canopy, starting the engine, getting the INS up, engaging nosewheel steering, etc.--took a trip to the SSW forum, combing through two documents, and browsing Youtube. Thirteen hours later I can finally fly and navigate the thing. I haven't started on weapons yet.

For the record, I think it's a great model, and I will use it very much. But there is no excuse under the sun for the lack of easy-to-use documentation. I like this hobby very much, but I have a job, home, and family, and can't abide this sort of time-consuming foolishness. It's like SSW is trying to make me go through hazing for the privilege of flying the model I paid for.

ZsoltB
November 21st, 2014, 21:11
http://i.imgur.com/ZcwZxj5.jpg

andrea6811
November 22nd, 2014, 02:36

ATB

Here a little video, sorry for quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EOIOdmOXoY&feature=youtube_gdata

DaveB
November 22nd, 2014, 04:29
Here a little video, sorry for quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EOIOdmOXoY&feature=youtube_gdata

Thanks for that Andrea:encouragement: I'd not been right clicking the starter switch and will make sure I keep the idle guard closed;)

EDIT: Yes and Yes.. not right clicking the starter was the cause of the sound I was hearing and NOT clicking the throttle guard has me going wherever I want. Excellent.

ATB

Pluto12
November 22nd, 2014, 07:06
I've wanted the SSW F-104 for a very long time; I, too, was simply ignored by the folks at SSW by never having a registration request answered. I saw this thread early this morning and decided to give it another try. I was amazed when my registration went straight through.

So I bought the F104G, downloaded and installed it right away. That's when the fun started. Fortunately, today was my day off...

The SSW activation process isn't exactly foolproof. The first time I installed the model, the installer didn't ask for activation. I figured out something was wrong when trying to close the canopy and kept getting paused with "Demo model" streaming across the screen. So I reinstalled the model, stumbled onto the correct process, and got activated within minutes.

Back in the cockpit, every bloody step--closing the canopy, starting the engine, getting the INS up, engaging nosewheel steering, etc.--took a trip to the SSW forum, combing through two documents, and browsing Youtube. Thirteen hours later I can finally fly and navigate the thing. I haven't started on weapons yet.

For the record, I think it's a great model, and I will use it very much. But there is no excuse under the sun for the lack of easy-to-use documentation. I like this hobby very much, but I have a job, home, and family, and can't abide this sort of time-consuming foolishness. It's like SSW is trying to make me go through hazing for the privilege of flying the model I paid for.

Hi....
It is strange that we answer about you registration request becasue the entire process is automatic....maybe the old website had some problem in this way, and for this reason we have changed the whole site ;)

from cold and dark to the air our models requires at least 5 minutes....I know that it is not so immediate at the beginning, but I can assure that you can ( In italy the real QRA F104 had to take off after 5 minutes from the call....and so it is possible with the model ;)....)...for this reason inside the aircarft folder you can find two documents the zipperhints,pdf, and the zipperfordummies.pdf....Inside this documents you can find all the essential informatiosn to get the Zipper into the air.
Hope this helps
Regards
Emanuele

Pluto12
November 22nd, 2014, 07:09
Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I added the F-104G to my stable. Without going off topic, are any of the SSW stable Tac Pack compatible?

Thanks for a great looking bird.

Hi...
becasue of our policy, and our new tecnolgy for combat - multiplayer purpose called vACMI, I can say that no SSW products will be TackPack compatible, but only vACMI compatible...Sorry
Regards
Emanuele

Montie
November 22nd, 2014, 07:14
How does one get access to the SSW forums? I can not find register button...

Pluto12
November 22nd, 2014, 07:21
How does one get access to the SSW forums? I can not find register button...

Hi....there is no registration to the forum, because only customers can register. After purchasing a model you will receive a mail with the credential to acces to the forum.(it requires a little time because it is not an automatic process).
Inside you can find all our "User-beneftis" as Sceneries, Manuals and others ;)
Regards
Emanuele

Tube and Rag
November 22nd, 2014, 11:08
Hi....
It is strange that we answer about you registration request becasue the entire process is automatic....maybe the old website had some problem in this way, and for this reason we have changed the whole site ;)

from cold and dark to the air our models requires at least 5 minutes....I know that it is not so immediate at the beginning, but I can assure that you can ( In italy the real QRA F104 had to take off after 5 minutes from the call....and so it is possible with the model ;)....)...for this reason inside the aircarft folder you can find two documents the zipperhints,pdf, and the zipperfordummies.pdf....Inside this documents you can find all the essential informatiosn to get the Zipper into the air.
Hope this helps
Regards
Emanuele

And I am grateful your website is much, much better. Zipperfordummies.pdf does not come with the F104G. Maybe it should.

jagl04
November 22nd, 2014, 11:27
Downloaded, activated and flying. After 60 minutes learning to use it, I was able to land on the Juan Carlos I without problems.

jagl04
November 22nd, 2014, 11:34
By the way, I made the textures for the Cavour several years ago, and I supposed the ship was to be included in this package. ¿Can I find the Cavour somewhere in the package, or is it available anywhere?
In fact, I have it, but since I´m not the owner of the model (I only made and added textures), I use it only in my computer.

Pluto12
November 22nd, 2014, 11:42
And I am grateful your website is much, much better. Zipperfordummies.pdf does not come with the F104G. Maybe it should.

Thanks for all....I will upload the zipperfordummies and I wil post here the link for all ;)
Regards
Emanuele

Here the link ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3wpy0rci6hlbfp/zipper_for_dummies.pdf?dl=0

Pluto12
November 22nd, 2014, 11:44
Hi...
in our forum you can find the installer of the Cavour under "User benefits" thread...there are also others goodies for our customers such airbases or sceneries ;)
Regards
Emanuele

strykerpsg
November 22nd, 2014, 15:05
Hi...
becasue of our policy, and our new tecnolgy for combat - multiplayer purpose called vACMI, I can say that no SSW products will be TackPack compatible, but only vACMI compatible...Sorry
Regards
Emanuele

Thanks for the update Pluto. Still a great rendition of a Cold War classic.

strykerpsg
November 23rd, 2014, 03:30
Anyone else catching extremely slow download speeds from their server? My service has a typical 30-35Mbps download speeds, but this file is only 640 Mb and it's taking hours........

I've run the speed test to ensure it's not on my end, still getting average of 32 Mbps. Thoughts?

DaveB
November 23rd, 2014, 04:02
I have to say that my download wasn't the fastest thing I've ever experienced. I didn't know how big the file was mind you (F104G) so I just say tight and kept moving the mouse every now and again to stop the pc going to sleep. In the end.. the F104G weighed in at 640mb (the exe).

ATB

xpelekis
November 23rd, 2014, 04:18
Purchased also the F-104G as also vACMI and waiting for activation keys.
I have a question about vACMI (though I read the manual) :

Will the functionality of SAM & AAA be available in other planes also apart from the SSW models ?....
Since I fly in FSX Military Missions exclusively, I'd like to have this option also (single player)...
Is this feature something you schedule for end of November ?

Thank's.

strykerpsg
November 23rd, 2014, 04:20
LOL! I hear ya Dave. I am now at 56% and will let it run it's course through the night. I am looking forward to running it through it's paces.

On a side note, there was mention of freeware scenery in an earlier post by Pluto, I think, but I don't see it on their site. I see their ACMI stuff and service packs for the F-84 and F-104S, but nothing else. Is it on the forums perhaps?

And, speaking of forums, I do not see a place to create an account and when I log on with the account info, I cannot gain access. Is the only way to access the forums is to register via Facebook? I hope not, as I really despise that medium for communications.

andrea6811
November 23rd, 2014, 04:44
Purchased also the F-104G as also vACMI and waiting for activation keys.
I have a question about vACMI (though I read the manual) :

Will the functionality of SAM & AAA be available in other planes also apart from the SSW models ?....
Since I fly in FSX Military Missions exclusively, I'd like to have this option also (single player)...
Is this feature something you schedule for end of November ?

Thank's.

We are working on a universal gauge vACMI for all other planes to be used in multiplayer session.
You can use vACMI in single player and multiplayer with all of our models.
SAM and AAA it's available now only with vACMI native models ( all our models ) .

until today are implemented those functions : SAM - AA and AG attack - AAR start and stop , all integrated in vACMI web interface
as you can see here (http://www.vaafse.org/vacmi/vACMI_web/vACMI_web_combatZone.php)

andrea6811
November 23rd, 2014, 04:50
LOL! I hear ya Dave. I am now at 56% and will let it run it's course through the night. I am looking forward to running it through it's paces.

On a side note, there was mention of freeware scenery in an earlier post by Pluto, I think, but I don't see it on their site. I see their ACMI stuff and service packs for the F-84 and F-104S, but nothing else. Is it on the forums perhaps?

And, speaking of forums, I do not see a place to create an account and when I log on with the account info, I cannot gain access. Is the only way to access the forums is to register via Facebook? I hope not, as I really despise that medium for communications.

Hi guy,

For the SSW forum you will be activated after the activation key . It's a reserved area for consumer only. There you can find some user benefit like manuals , sceneryes apart of
dedicated forum regarding all of our models.

We don't have any automated system so any activation will be applied manually.

Andrea

strykerpsg
November 23rd, 2014, 05:13
Hi guy,

For the SSW forum you will be activated after the activation key . It's a reserved area for consumer only. There you can find some user benefit like manuals , sceneryes apart of
dedicated forum regarding all of our models.

We don't have any automated system so any activation will be applied manually.

Andrea

Thanks Andrea. I will get it installed in the morning after a very long download....really long for it's size, just saying. :dizzy: I will then register and look forward to joining that forum as well. Thanks for actively seeking and answering the noob. It's much appreciated.

DaveB
November 23rd, 2014, 05:19

Hello Mate:wavey:

Yup.. as Andrea said in his reply, as soon as your activation key has arrived.. you'll receive further emails saying that you've been registered on the SSW forums along with the username and password you're registered with.
I had a look through there yesterday and to be honest.. it's a bit hit and miss. Zsolt posted at least one paint there (one of which a couple had problems with) but the links for it don't work despite other users asking for it. There IS scenery available but no screenshots exist (the links are out of date.. I presume due to the new site) so whatever you download.. you won't know what to expect until it's been installed.. if indeed the scenery links are still active. Perhaps this will be sorted in the fullness of time as this site IS new.

In the end.. I hope you find the wait has been worth it. I really like the Starfighter and this model is good.. no doubt about it. It flies much, much better than I expected and is very different from the old Alpha model. The start routine isn't particularly long-winded but I feel something like this should have a 'Quick Start' shortcut as per the Milviz Sabre and F15. The realism is there if you want it or a couple of clicks if you don't. With the 104.. you HAVE to start as per the start routine or you'll get nowhere. I expected more repaints to be available for the 'G'.. especially US repaints.

Have fun out there;)

ATB

YoYo
November 23rd, 2014, 12:33
http://images66.fotosik.pl/394/e5b07966ee40f256.jpg

http://images66.fotosik.pl/394/d36d6c12c3d0f1ab.jpg

http://images67.fotosik.pl/396/28851a35b07f6195.jpg

William Njurmi
November 23rd, 2014, 13:17
Thunderstreak is marvellous! Really a hidden gem. One bug though, gear lever function is opposite. Lever down, gears up. Seems to be present also in older versions.

I don´t mind the start up, actually it should be basic feature. Its just irritating how the "big names" have neglected it (Majestic, PMDG, Razbam...)

I find the F-104G VC quite outdated compared to wonderful F-84. Kills the immersion a bit. Otherwise it also flies nicely.

YoYo
November 23rd, 2014, 13:36
Same problem with the gear (I use Saitek panel), but maybe I must do something before gear up. I didnt read manual yet. Just quick flights :).
It is "too" stupid for bug only (from 2013....) I think. Perhaps whole check list and will be ok.

strykerpsg
November 24th, 2014, 00:45
Pluto, how long does it take to get activated? I sent the automatic activation last night and had hoped it might be in my inbox by the time I got home. Looking forward to flying this around the great Barrier Reef and the PNW.

Thanks,
Matt

Pluto12
November 24th, 2014, 01:36
Pluto, how long does it take to get activated? I sent the automatic activation last night and had hoped it might be in my inbox by the time I got home. Looking forward to flying this around the great Barrier Reef and the PNW.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt..
due our anti piracy policy, the activation keys are "Human-generated" :) there is a person who generates the keys....it means that can happen to wait a little more to get the keys during the week-end. During the week, normally, the keys are generated in few hours, not the same in the week end because can happen that we are busy with our families and we are not at Home. Sometimes it depends also by the local time of the request because we are in GMT+1 zone ;)
I am quite sure that the keys will arrive today in few hours.....let me Know ;)
Regards
Emanuele

strykerpsg
November 24th, 2014, 02:01
Hi Matt..
due our anti piracy policy, the activation keys are "Human-generated" :) there is a person who generates the keys....it means that can happen to wait a little more to get the keys during the week-end. During the week, normally, the keys are generated in few hours, not the same in the week end because can happen that we are busy with our families and we are not at Home. Sometimes it depends also by the local time of the request because we are in GMT+1 zone ;)
Regards
Emanuele

Emanuele,

Sorry, I forgot 1/2 of the world is behind us, time wise. Enjoy your weekend. I will look for it in the next 48 hours. Thanks for the reply.

Matt

Pluto12
November 24th, 2014, 02:09
Emanuele,

Sorry, I forgot 1/2 of the world is behind us, time wise. Enjoy your weekend. I will look for it in the next 48 hours. Thanks for the reply.

Matt

;) No problem Matt....World wide web is a great thing and it happens that we forget the distances...also time-related ;)
Regards
Emanuele

strykerpsg
November 24th, 2014, 02:14

YoYo
November 24th, 2014, 03:17
Any news about this bug/procedures of landing gears in F-84F?

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 03:42
Any news about this bug/procedures of landing gears in F-84F?

And ground shaking effect ?

+1

odourboy
November 24th, 2014, 04:50
What's the issue you guys are seeing with the gear lever? AFAIK mine is fine. Handle up - gear up. Handle down - gear down. As labeled. I control my gear through a Saitek X-55 using the Toggle Gear keyboard command on a momentary toggle switch on the throttle side of the HOTAS.

I did 'break' the gear once by accidentally deploying it at high speed - then they sort of hung half open with the handle up.. but I don;t imagine that's what you're all seeing.

andrea6811
November 24th, 2014, 05:19
Same problem with the gear (I use Saitek panel), but maybe I must do something before gear up. I didnt read manual yet. Just quick flights :).
It is "too" stupid for bug only (from 2013....) I think. Perhaps whole check list and will be ok.

Can you explain what happen with landing gear lever ?

Take a look here ( sorry for low quality vid )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaYhzC7pyXc

odourboy
November 24th, 2014, 05:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaYhzC7pyXc

Well I can see what you're all complaining about. Weird! I haven't seen this behaviour yet on my install.

Pluto12
November 24th, 2014, 06:37
Hi...
it is really strange because the landing gear lever has the right behaviour....up for gear up....and down for gear down. Animation are "model related" so it is possible that it is some external software that modified the behaviour.....
About emergency procedure, as reported in the manual : lever down, and then put it down again to the emergency position (right click on it)...if you cannot get the three green assume a g-negative fly or shacking left to right...( if you cannot get the three green yet...cycle the handle up to down)...

About the "ground shaking", we cannot replicate the behaviour ( and we have differents rigs with differents installation and models)...we had experienced issues due to the accu-feel (but with the Harrier)...so if you have it, try to shut off the program and see what happens.

Regards
Emanuele

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 07:34
Hi...
it is really strange because the landing gear lever has the right behaviour....up for gear up....and down for gear down. Animation are "model related" so it is possible that it is some external software that modified the behaviour.....
About emergency procedure, as reported in the manual : lever down, and then put it down again to the emergency position (right click on it)...if you cannot get the three green assume a g-negative fly or shacking left to right...( if you cannot get the three green yet...cycle the handle up to down)...

About the "ground shaking", we cannot replicate the behaviour ( and we have differents rigs with differents installation and models)...we had experienced issues due to the accu-feel (but with the Harrier)...so if you have it, try to shut off the program and see what happens.

Regards
Emanuele

I do not use accu-feel tool.....but still shaking

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 08:24
Hi Matt..
Regards
Emanuele

it looks to be a long wait, the weekdays are also affected :banghead:

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 08:58
http://i.imgur.com/rOS3YB8.jpg

Pluto12
November 24th, 2014, 09:52
it looks to be a long wait, the weekdays are also affected :banghead:

Zsolt...
what is the problem?....do you need Keys?....
we have also an help desk on the site....;)
Regards
Emanuele

YoYo
November 24th, 2014, 10:17

For sure. See this. Check it in HD version.

1/ Problem of vibrations in VC on the ground when Parking brake is ON (real weather) only, Zsolt, William Njurmi ect. noticed too same.
Btw. I have Accu feel but for this test is "off" for F-84F:

http://youtu.be/vpWoYtye1UM

0:23 parking barke off = its ok now
0:30 on again = vibrations

Addons (Dlls): TacPack, Active Sky, Contrails pro, Accu Feel (off for F-84F), FSUiPC, F14.

YoYo
November 24th, 2014, 10:18
2/ Landing gear handle problem (I dont talk about emergency procedures but normal opertions):

http://youtu.be/8SXVgooWrw4

Hope it helps.

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 10:20
Zsolt...
what is the problem?....do you need Keys?....
we have also an help desk on the site....;)
Regards
Emanuele

Yes, the former rejected
No thanks for the help!
We have the appropriate legal department who can help me!

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 10:24
2/ Landing gear handle problem (I dont talk about emergency procedures but normal opertions):

http://youtu.be/8SXVgooWrw4

Hope it helps.

No comments.... :dizzy:

andrea6811
November 24th, 2014, 10:53
For sure. See this. Check it in HD version.

1/ Problem of vibrations in VC on the ground when Parking brake is ON (real weather) only, Zsolt, William Njurmi ect. noticed too same.
Btw. I have Accu feel but for this test is "off" for F-84F:

http://youtu.be/vpWoYtye1UM

0:23 parking barke off = its ok now
0:30 on again = vibrations

Addons (Dlls): TacPack, Active Sky, Contrails pro, Accu Feel (off for F-84F), FSUiPC, F14.

Seems to be a bug , open a support ticket for the two issues , we have to investigate this strange behaviour .

Thank you

Andrea

Montie
November 24th, 2014, 10:53
Anybody know of any USAF repaints for the F-104G?

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 11:07
15732 15733

DaveB
November 24th, 2014, 11:18
Are these available zsolt?? I've seen requests for the Edwards paint on the SSW forums (links no longer work) so looked here and couldn't find them??

ATB

dhazelgrove
November 24th, 2014, 11:19

Zsolt did at least one, I believe.

Dave

DaveB
November 24th, 2014, 11:22
Zsolt did at least one, I believe.

Dave

Those paints ARE zsolts Dave. I know he posted the Edwards paint over at SSW but the link for it is dead and has been for some time:)

ATB

William Njurmi
November 24th, 2014, 11:35
Precisely same problem as in YoYo´s video.

I saw somewhere a screenshot of a Ohio ANG aluminium paint. Anybody know about its whereabouts?

Montie
November 24th, 2014, 11:52
Those paints ARE zsolts Dave. I know he posted the Edwards paint over at SSW but the link for it is dead and has been for some time:)

ATB

Yes the link is dead, tried it yesterday.

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 11:56
http://i.imgur.com/ZbNWZJc.jpg

Pluto12
November 24th, 2014, 13:14
Yes, the former rejected
No thanks for the help!
We have the appropriate legal department who can help me!

Hi...
I really can't understand what do you mean.....

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 13:43
Hi...
I really can't understand what do you mean.....

This big problem!

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 13:56
http://i.imgur.com/BIkqXab.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JzmI0XS.jpg

Wings of Gold
November 24th, 2014, 13:58
Emanuele:

My F-104 Aircraft.CFG files have "Solo IC" in the ui type line (F-104G) and "IC" in the type line (F-104S). If I change this to something else ("F-104 S" or "F-104 G"), is there any problem? I have tried it - and the F-104 loaded. What does IC mean?

Bill

Pluto12
November 24th, 2014, 14:20
Emanuele:

My F-104 Aircraft.CFG files have "Solo IC" in the ui type line (F-104G) and "IC" in the type line (F-104S). If I change this to something else ("F-104 S" or "F-104 G"), is there any problem? I have tried it - and the F-104 loaded. What does IC mean?

Bill

Hi Bill,
we have divided the airplane in two big categories: "Solo Versions" and "Ubuntu Versions". The solo are for a single palyer use, the "ubuntu" are for mulitplayer and they are both optimized for that use.
then we have other categories:
IC = Interceptor version
FB = Fighter Bomber version
RF = Reconnaissance version

Because every version has some little difference we made that division
Hope this helps
Emanuele

YoYo
November 24th, 2014, 14:38
Seems to be a bug , open a support ticket for the two issues , we have to investigate this strange behaviour .

Thank you

Andrea

Ok Andrea, TY. I tested some of options. "G" key works ok, so it looks like a problem of combinations of FSUiPC and Saitek panels for me with F-84F - but I think its easy (I hope) to fix it.
In all addons (my) no any problems with gear handle in models and gear handle of Saitek: http://www.saitek.com/uk/imgs/gallery/swithpan1.jpg so maybe one code line is missing in the model? :)

PLUTO16
November 24th, 2014, 14:45

Montie,the only paint scheme for the F-104 "G" in USAF scheme is the one included in the base package (Luke A.F.B., used by Germany Air Force for training purposes).

The other "real" repaint for a "G" model in the States should be the NASA one (they bought some G ex GAF).

Any other repaint is not historically accurate,because is related to A and C models (completely different from the G)...And for this reason,i decided not to paint them (but you can do wathever you like with the paintkit..;) )

Cheers,
Alessandro.

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 23:08
http://i.imgur.com/SYd1jIY.jpg

ZsoltB
November 24th, 2014, 23:28
http://i.imgur.com/03OTEGr.jpg

PLUTO16
November 24th, 2014, 23:57

A very nice repaint..But historically incorrect. The livery you did is a CF-104,the cockpit layout is completely different from the "G" version.

ZsoltB
November 25th, 2014, 00:19
A very nice repaint..But historically incorrect. The livery you did is a CF-104,the cockpit layout is completely different from the "G" version.

Thank you my Friend

Then why do I see a CF733 folder in the SSW F-104G package? :mixed-smiley-010:

If I remember correctly, you have forgotten your the beacon light (G model)
It does not incorrect?

:victorious:

ZsoltB
November 25th, 2014, 00:41
http://i.imgur.com/30ptyeT.jpg

:biggrin-new:

DaveB
November 25th, 2014, 01:11

Sometimes, you have to go with what you've got Pluto;) I've often bought models I wouldn't otherwise have bought because of the repaints available. While not for the purist.. I think this is much better than putting a BA/BOAC livery on a Tupolev! That's a paint too far:biggrin-new:

ATB

PLUTO16
November 25th, 2014, 01:15
Ok,we left the "canadian patch" to our VAAFSE purposes,due to some users that use this livery in multiplayer effort (is a "controlled mistake" and you have to edit the aircraft.cfg to use it).

Could you please be so patient to explain the problems with lightning system of the zipper?

By the way...some extra....SSW Tornado IDS work in progress:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/1_zpsfa632808.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/3_zpsb7eeea27.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/bluesky7777/4_zps7e4ad1da.jpg

Bye,Ale

PLUTO16
November 25th, 2014, 01:16
Sometimes, you have to go with what you've got Pluto;) I've often bought models I wouldn't otherwise have bought because of the repaints available. While not for the purist.. I think this is much better than putting a BA/BOAC livery on a Tupolev! That's a paint too far:biggrin-new:

ATB

Sure it is!! :D

YoYo
November 25th, 2014, 02:05
Tornado looks nice! :wavey:

odourboy
November 25th, 2014, 10:25
Tornado looks nice! :wavey:

+1 :applause: Got a VC shot?

odourboy
November 25th, 2014, 10:28

Nice! Is this available anywhere for download?

xpelekis
November 25th, 2014, 21:21
Nice plane to fly... But where is the HUD aimpoint switch in the F-104G model ?...

YoYo
November 25th, 2014, 22:45
Btw Id like to raport two next bugs in F-84F. Wrong thumbnail and textures problem in one model (SOLO, Ten pack).
Default installation of 1.4 v from SSW Store.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-18-666_zpse9ab3ab0.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-18-666_zpse9ab3ab0.jpg.html)

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-5966-96_zpsb6d3e4d0.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-5966-96_zpsb6d3e4d0.jpg.html)

ZsoltB
November 25th, 2014, 23:30
Btw Id like to raport two next bugs in F-84F. Wrong thumbnail and textures problem in one model (SOLO, Ten pack).

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-18-666_zpse9ab3ab0.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-18-666_zpse9ab3ab0.jpg.html)

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-5966-96_zpsb6d3e4d0.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-5966-96_zpsb6d3e4d0.jpg.html)

:dizzy: :encouragement:

Pluto12
November 26th, 2014, 00:31

Yoyo...
as said at the beginning of the thread...for the too dark looking texture the problem is in the texture.cfg

[fltsim]

We will correct the thumbnail in the next version ;)

Some news about the landing gear....the problem is about the key accelerator you use for the landing gear. There is no problem n the internal or external model if you use the default toggle Key (G)..but there is the problem (only in the internal model) if you use the two key events "landing Gear UP" or "Landing Gear Down"...we will correct it , into the next version...

Regards the shacking, we have found a solution, and we are testing it......when it will be ready, I think that we will made a little patch to correct also others minor bugs ;)
Regards
Emanuele

DaveQ
November 26th, 2014, 02:26

(http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/fsx2014-11-2608-32-18-666_zpse9ab3ab0.jpg.html)

Earlier in this thread I said I thought this was mine - many apologies, it's not. I did publish a repaint of 'Boots IV' but this isn't it. I'm sure Alessandro has done his own with his usual great skill!

DaveQ

YoYo
November 26th, 2014, 08:01
Some news about the landing gear....the problem is about the key accelerator you use for the landing gear. There is no problem n the internal or external model if you use the default toggle Key (G)..but there is the problem (only in the internal model) if you use the two key events "landing Gear UP" or "Landing Gear Down"...we will correct it , into the next version...

Regards the shacking, we have found a solution, and we are testing it......when it will be ready, I think that we will made a little patch to correct also others minor bugs ;)
Regards
Emanuele

Very, very great news!
I can be a beta tester of this :D.

Wings of Gold
November 26th, 2014, 13:01
Emanuele, Please let me ask one last question:

My notes on my F-84F state that I should "Change fuel load (Alt key etc.) ONLY after the aircraft is loaded up". I have been all through my SSW documents - and can not find anything about changing fuel before (or after) Initializing with SSW. Is this true that I should only change fuel load after Initialization (or can I change fuel load during it's FSX selection)? Is this also true with my F-104G and F-104S?

Best regards, Bill

Pluto12
November 26th, 2014, 13:16
Emanuele, Please let me ask one last question:

My notes on my F-84F state that I should "Change fuel load (Alt key etc.) ONLY after the aircraft is loaded up". I have been all through my SSW documents - and can not find anything about changing fuel before (or after) Initializing with SSW. Is this true that I should only change fuel load after Initialization (or can I change fuel load during it's FSX selection)? Is this also true with my F-104G and F-104S?

Best regards, Bill

Hi Bill,
to change fuel in all our models you have to use the dedicated panel configurator (the one you can use to add weapons, tanks etc)...there you can refuel or empty the fuel tanks. I suggest to do not touce the fuel and payload configurator of FSX, because it can cause malfunctions ;)
Best regards
Emanuele

Jen
November 27th, 2014, 03:43
Hi Pluto12

I have just got your F-104G model, and it sure is an interesting plane to fly.

The plane should be correctly activated, and I have had it airborne a few times.

However I have this this problem on start up, that sometimes the lady says the plane is initialized and I am ready to go.

But mostly she says, the plane it NOT initialized, please do it manually.

What is causing this, and how do I eventually initialize this thing manually? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

Best regards Soeren

Pluto12
November 27th, 2014, 06:44
Hi Pluto12

I have just got your F-104G model, and it sure is an interesting plane to fly.

The plane should be correctly activated, and I have had it airborne a few times.

However I have this this problem on start up, that sometimes the lady says the plane is initialized and I am ready to go.

But mostly she says, the plane it NOT initialized, please do it manually.

What is causing this, and how do I eventually initialize this thing manually? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

Best regards Soeren

Hi Soeren
if the model is not activated you will have a CTD..or the sim will go into pause if the key become invalid...so I think that all is correct.
The problem about initilization depends in How you close the simulation the last time you use it. Normally FSX load at start up the default flight....you can change the aircraft and all the other things, but the system status (engine, elctrical..etc) is loaded from the default flight.
I can suggest to load the the money bravo.....to shut it down...avionics off..battery off etc.....wait about 30 seconds and save that condition/flight as default flight.
Then try to load the Zipper and all should be ok without problem.

By the way, you can manually initialize the airplane with the button on the weapon configurator panel (I think Shift-2)...if you open it, there is a yellow button for the manual initialization...click on it, and wait for the beatching Betty ;)
Hope this helps
Regards
Emanuele

Jen
November 27th, 2014, 09:45
Hi Soeren
if the model is not activated you will have a CTD..or the sim will go into pause if the key become invalid...so I think that all is correct.
The problem about initilization depends in How you close the simulation the last time you use it. Normally FSX load at start up the default flight....you can change the aircraft and all the other things, but the system status (engine, elctrical..etc) is loaded from the default flight.
I can suggest to load the the money bravo.....to shut it down...avionics off..battery off etc.....wait about 30 seconds and save that condition/flight as default flight.
Then try to load the Zipper and all should be ok without problem.

By the way, you can manually initialize the airplane with the button on the weapon configurator panel (I think Shift-2)...if you open it, there is a yellow button for the manual initialization...click on it, and wait for the beatching Betty ;)
Hope this helps
Regards
Emanuele

Thankyou very much Pluto12.

That did the trick. It must be loaded after one of the native P3D planes have been loaded as the default plane.

Happy customer :applause:

Soeren

Wings of Gold
November 27th, 2014, 11:20
Hi Emanuele,

Thank you for the advise to always use the SSW dedicated configuration panel to adjust (raise/lower) my SSW aircraft fuel. I have tried to lower my total weight (F-104S/ASA) to less that 16,100 lbs by using the SSW Configuration Panel. I selected the wing tip tanks and lowered their fuel to 6 lbs fuel in each (mouse over the "refuel" under those tanks to see fuel in them). I lowered the fuel in my CL (fuselage) tank (selected "Refuel Fun", and then "Refuel" under the CL tank). I can NOT get the total weight under 16,586 lbs. - which is higher than the maximum landing weight. Is there any way to lower the internal fuel so that the total weight is less than about 16,000 lbs? I also looked for your "yellow button" on the panel that will manually initialize (in case I ever need it). I can not find it on my SSW Configuration Panel. Where is it located?

Best regards, Bill

Pluto12
November 27th, 2014, 14:00
Hi Emanuele,

Thank you for the advise to always use the SSW dedicated configuration panel to adjust (raise/lower) my SSW aircraft fuel. I have tried to lower my total weight (F-104S/ASA) to less that 16,100 lbs by using the SSW Configuration Panel. I selected the wing tip tanks and lowered their fuel to 6 lbs fuel in each (mouse over the "refuel" under those tanks to see fuel in them). I lowered the fuel in my CL (fuselage) tank (selected "Refuel Fun", and then "Refuel" under the CL tank). I can NOT get the total weight under 16,586 lbs. - which is higher than the maximum landing weight. Is there any way to lower the internal fuel so that the total weight is less than about 16,000 lbs? I also looked for your "yellow button" on the panel that will manually initialize (in case I ever need it). I can not find it on my SSW Configuration Panel. Where is it located?

Best regards, Bill

Hi Bill..
The F 104 has a GW with internal tank filled of about 21600lbs in a clean configuration. For this reason if you empty the internal tank you get a GW of about 16000lbs, which is totally correct. Where did you read that the maximum weight for landing should be less than 16000lbs?

The button I mean, is the "Cold&Dark" one ;)
Regards
Emanuele

andrea6811
November 27th, 2014, 14:01
Hi Emanuele,

Best regards, Bill

The yellow "button " is the cold and dark button as you can see here

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Screenshot2014-11-27235656.png (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Screenshot2014-11-27235656.png.html)

ZsoltB
November 27th, 2014, 22:22
Hello SSW Team,

LAU-10 bug?
I noticed when I use the rocket pod LAU-10 it after shot not eliminated the rocket count
The last rounds disappears LAU-10
Is it a bug?

http://i.imgur.com/azNSJEr.jpg

Zsolt

YoYo
November 28th, 2014, 00:43
Just a question (but I have no idea than its a model of F-84F of SSW or something else). Last two times I noticed than after long flight on Thunderstreak (solo model, more than 40 minutes of flying) I heared "windows error sound" few times but without any messages, pause of FSX ect.

Its a something like recurrent sound of error only. Someone noticed too same or its my phobia only? ; >

hschuit
November 28th, 2014, 00:55
Just a question (but I have no idea than its a model of F-84F of SSW or something else). Last two times I noticed than after long flight on Thunderstreak (solo model, more than 40 minutes of flying) I heared "windows error sound" few times but without any messages, pause of FSX ect.

Its a something like recurrent sound of error only. Someone noticed too same or its my phobia only? ; >

Sounds like the FSUIPC OOM (Out Of Memory) warning, aka the sound of death. The longer you fly and the more scenery is loaded in the sim, the more VAS memory is used and when you are reaching the limit, you get the warning sound and your flight may end with a CTD. There is lots of reading and advice on this topic on the internet. Some addons are more memory hungry than others due to complex models/VC's, hi res textures etc. One of the solutions is to reduce scenery settings.

YoYo
November 28th, 2014, 01:56
Thank You, I will investigate it :wavey:.

The flight is continued but actually, as I took a late end of flight in FSX the simulator had CTD in the end.

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 03:05
Hello SSW Team,

LAU-10 bug?
I noticed when I use the rocket pod LAU-10 it after shot not eliminated the rocket count
The last rounds disappears LAU-10
Is it a bug?

http://i.imgur.com/azNSJEr.jpg

Zsolt

This phenomenon only G model

andrea6811
November 28th, 2014, 03:27
Sounds like the FSUIPC OOM (Out Of Memory) warning, aka the sound of death. The longer you fly and the more scenery is loaded in the sim, the more VAS memory is used and when you are reaching the limit, you get the warning sound and your flight may end with a CTD. There is lots of reading and advice on this topic on the internet. Some addons are more memory hungry than others due to complex models/VC's, hi res textures etc. One of the solutions is to reduce scenery settings.

You can monitor the VAS usage using this Application http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

3 question
1 : How about your fsx.cfg? can you send it to me please pvt ?
2 : Dll.xml ? Can you send it to me?
3: Scenery.cfg? Can you send it to me ? ( c:\program data\microsoft\fsx )

Thank you. If possible to send me also your rig ( cpu , graphic card , sysop etc )

Thank you
Andrea

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 05:06
F-104G:

The LR-25 missile total bug

- first shot I not see the shooting
- the second shot the rocket POD disappears

:banghead: :dizzy:

Pluto12
November 28th, 2014, 05:59
Just as reminder for All.
We have a support forum for all the questions regarding our models and for bugs report. In this way it is easier for us to have a situation awarness about all the problems and bugs.
Thanks to all ;)
Emanuele

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 06:25
Just as reminder for All.
We have a support forum for all the questions regarding our models and for bugs report. In this way it is easier for us to have a situation awarness about all the problems and bugs.
Thanks to all ;)
Emanuele

Why? There I get an answer to the problem? :biggrin-new:

Zsolt

Pluto12
November 28th, 2014, 06:32
Why? There I get an answer to the problem? :biggrin-new:

Zsolt

Very simple
Because we have an official forum as all the other SH and it is not this one...simply and clear!
Emanuele

Dumonceau
November 28th, 2014, 08:31
And I just recently heard from a friend who had his computer die on him, that in order to reïnstall his product, he had to buy a new license...

In other words, they "made him an offer he couldn't refuse"...

Not so nice...

DaveQ
November 28th, 2014, 08:55
I replaced my machine last January and you need a new register entry for each aircraft. Install the aircraft, load once and a .ssw file appears in the FSX main directory. Email that to SSW and a new register file will be sent back free. AFAIK....!

DaveQ

cortomalteseit
November 28th, 2014, 09:03
I've replaced 2 times different components of my pc, and every time, in few hours, I've received the new key files, free of charge. If you don't change your simulator from FSX/P3D 1.x to P3D 2.x you don't need to buy again anything, it's clearly wrote in their site!

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 09:04
I replaced my machine last January and you need a new register entry for each aircraft. Install the aircraft, load once and a .ssw file appears in the FSX main directory. Email that to SSW and a new register file will be sent back free. AFAIK....!

DaveQ

This is not true!
The email system is not working!

SSW:

you have buyed a single licence key for your pc .

You have request the second activation for the second pc . For the second pc you have to buy a license ( 50% off ) .

For the 3rd pc is the same , you have to buy a new license ( 50 % off ) .

For the 4th Pc you have to buy a new license but without discount.

In case of you have to reinstall win7 is different , you have a valid license and we can reactivate it without problem's for the 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th pc.

We always check hw info and we know if you are installing license in one your pc or if you're installing on a new pc ( not your or new pc ) .

In case of one of the 2,3,4 pc demaged or have been substituted just inform previous, and we can find a solution.

I have buyed a license for the ASN , for my pc n1 , for my pc n2 , i have payed for a new license FULL PRICED without any discount, Same for the VRSf18 , same for the PMDG .

This is only an example, but that's is.

This fair business policy? :wiggle:

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 09:06
I've replaced many times different components of my pc, and every time, in few hours, I've received the new key files, free of charge. If you don't change your simulator from FSX/P3D 1.x to P3D 2.x you don't need to buy again anything, it's clearly wrote in their site!

That's interesting, I'm waiting for a week for the second key
How do you do it?

cortomalteseit
November 28th, 2014, 09:09
That's interesting, I'm waiting for a week for the second key
How do you do it?

Simply writing an e-mail, or opening a ticket...

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 09:10
From SSW:

"Hi Zsolt,
what we need to do to convince you to use the help desk?
we have written too many times that we can not provide support via email,
we won't not respond to your email'sany more.
Please use the help desk.
/SSW
BTW
which second key are you meaning for ?
we receive just a payment and a request for the F-84F activation key which has been processed and sent.
No request nor payment received for a second key."

I have to say, the Help Desk does not help!

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 09:11

I'm over this... LOL

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 09:13

The installation of the model as well, I asked for a new key, it does not respond :toilet_claw:

Dumonceau
November 28th, 2014, 10:06
This is not true!
The email system is not working!

SSW:

you have buyed a single licence key for your pc .

You have request the second activation for the second pc . For the second pc you have to buy a license ( 50% off ) .

For the 3rd pc is the same , you have to buy a new license ( 50 % off ) .

For the 4th Pc you have to buy a new license but without discount.

In case of you have to reinstall win7 is different , you have a valid license and we can reactivate it without problem's for the 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th pc.

We always check hw info and we know if you are installing license in one your pc or if you're installing on a new pc ( not your or new pc ) .

In case of one of the 2,3,4 pc demaged or have been substituted just inform previous, and we can find a solution.

I have buyed a license for the ASN , for my pc n1 , for my pc n2 , i have payed for a new license FULL PRICED without any discount, Same for the VRSf18 , same for the PMDG .

This is only an example, but that's is.

This fair business policy? :wiggle:

No it is not. IMHO it is not right...

A legit buyer should be able to install it on another PC when the first one died/crashed/went to computer heaven.

But asking people for money after a mishap is something that I would expect from banks or insurance companies, not from FS firms.

Hell, those firms have the buyers name, IP address and so forth. Nothing wrong in trusting your customers if and when the firm itself is legit. If they do ask for money, then that to me is a serious concern...

I know for a fact that any firm trying to do this in my country would find themselves in serious problems.

IMHO SSW should put this right. if only to save face.

Sorry for the rant.

Dumonceau

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 10:23
Here the Harrier
Years ago I bought!
Order date: 2012. 06. 17.
Now I want to use this I get this response:

"What are you meaning? Maybe you have buyed an harrier? If so , you have buyed it before the new site and new policy due to piracy prevent.
Since 01/09/2014 one license , 1 Pc , before that datge i don't know .

I'm in customer support since 01/09/2014 .

I see only a new purchase since 01/09/2014 order 97850127 f84f 1 license , 2 request for activation , 1 payment.
when you buy a new license for the new pc , you will be activate for the new pc.
other are updates to new models installer.

I'm sorry but i can't do more for you.

For any other question refer to help desk in main site.

Andrea"

Unfortunately, the help desk reject!
This is what attitude?

Zsolt

StormILM
November 28th, 2014, 10:26
Maybe I have misunderstood SSW policy on replacement keys but after my old PC crashed in 2013 and I bought my current PC soon after, they supplied me new keys free of charge when I sent them an email explaining the situation. They didn't hesitate and had me up and running again when I followed the procedure for normal install & validation. The way I've always interpreted 2nd or 3rd PC key purchases from most software outlets is for actual multiple installations (on different PC's) at the same time and I know people who have multiple PC's or PC users within their families or businesses who in such cases needed multiple installations which they had to purchase. My current PC is the only one I have my SSW & other copy protected software running on for FS but if/when I need to replace an HD or the entire system, yes, I believe a paying customer should be allowed to retain the right to utilize their original single PC use license without having to pay again.

fsafranek
November 28th, 2014, 10:36
This is very similar to Windows when MS started monitoring how many times a copy was installed. They took a snap shot of your hardware and could tell how different subsequent installs there were. After one or two they wouldn't activate it anymore. If you changed out the HD or video card, no worries. If you added more memory, no worries. If you change out the mother board that could be a new computer and you would have to phone them to explain.

As was written above and is pretty universal for any software, you are buying a license to use the software on ONE personal computer and if they allow, you can make a backup copy. You are not buying a site license for use on several computers. But it sounds like if you want to do so you can and at a discount (50% off #2 and #3).

I've been in software development for 20 some years now and I've seen months of work be bought once and then that copy be made free to dozens of pirate site subscribers the same day. SSW are just protecting they time investment and sweat equity. Granted it is a real pain in the ass for those of us who fly right but it is the way it is.

fsafranek
November 28th, 2014, 10:37
Storm and I must have been on the same wave length. :very_drunk:

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 10:56
This is very similar to Windows when MS started monitoring how many times a copy was installed. They took a snap shot of your hardware and could tell how different subsequent installs there were. After one or two they wouldn't activate it anymore. If you changed out the HD or video card, no worries. If you added more memory, no worries. If you change out the mother board that could be a new computer and you would have to phone them to explain.

As was written above and is pretty universal for any software, you are buying a license to use the software on ONE personal computer and if they allow, you can make a backup copy. You are not buying a site license for use on several computers. But it sounds like if you want to do so you can and at a discount (50% off #2 and #3).

I've been in software development for 20 some years now and I've seen months of work be bought once and then that copy be made free to dozens of pirate site subscribers the same day. SSW are just protecting they time investment and sweat equity. Granted it is a real pain in the ass for those of us who fly right but it is the way it is.

So,

I am a customer, who all SSW model bought!
So far, I have been polite, the patience runs short

:ipepsi2:

andrea6811
November 28th, 2014, 11:04
Here the Harrier
Years ago I bought!
Order date: 2012. 06. 17.
Now I want to use this I get this response:

"What are you meaning? Maybe you have buyed an harrier? If so , you have buyed it before the new site and new policy due to piracy prevent.
Since 01/09/2014 one license , 1 Pc , before that datge i don't know .

I'm in customer support since 01/09/2014 .

I see only a new purchase since 01/09/2014 order 97850127 f84f 1 license , 2 request for activation , 1 payment.
when you buy a new license for the new pc , you will be activate for the new pc.
other are updates to new models installer.

I'm sorry but i can't do more for you.

For any other question refer to help desk in main site.

Andrea"

Unfortunately, the help desk reject!
This is what attitude?

Zsolt

Zsolt this is a private conversation trying to explain you what happened.

here you can see

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Screenshot2014-11-28203206.png (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Screenshot2014-11-28203206.png.html)

Several times you have emailed us

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Screenshot2014-11-28200629.png (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Screenshot2014-11-28200629.png.html)

Long time ago you have buyed f104 g and you have had your new activation key

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Screenshot2014-11-28205337.png (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Screenshot2014-11-28205337.png.html)

And more from the help desk

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/andrea68111/Screenshot2014-11-28205616.png (http://s410.photobucket.com/user/andrea68111/media/Screenshot2014-11-28205616.png.html)

You were not correct you used private conversations. You got all the answers to your questions, I think it's time for you to stop saying things that are not true.
Have you been told once that if you wanted a second key you had to pay with a discount.

If you have had purchased harrier and you need the activation key because you downloaded a new model, this will be emailed as usual. When you ask for a second installation You have to pay with a discount (50%)

Andrea

StormILM
November 28th, 2014, 11:11
Storm and I must have been on the same wave length. :very_drunk:

Frank, we are/have been a long time now!

Zsolt,

I don't really wish to get personally involved in this matter & was hoping to offer advice and a "medium of understanding" regarding how most of these matters work. Yes, having to deal with such matters can exhaust one's patience but I hope that you and SSW can get this matter taken care of in a timely manner. Perhaps in light of this, this is a good opportunity for Developers to make clarification and/or amendment of policy regarding existing customers who suffer catastrophic hardware failures so that they may still access their software. Understandably, both the developer/seller & end customers rightfully wish to protect their investment.

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 11:12
Andrea,

In short, buy another key :applause:
that's the point :biggrin-new:

interesting and amusing :p87:

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 11:14
Frank, we are/have been a long time now!

Zsolt,

I don't really wish to get personally involved in this matter & was hoping to offer advice and a "medium of understanding" regarding how most of these matters work. Yes, having to deal with such matters can exhaust one's patience but I hope that you and SSW can get this matter taken care of in a timely manner. Perhaps in light of this, this is a good opportunity for Developers to make clarification and/or amendment of policy regarding existing customers who suffer catastrophic hardware failures so that they may still access their software. Understandably, both the developer/seller & end customers rightfully wish to protect their investment.

That's right, I just want to fly, I do not argue

But....

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 11:20
Here in my country there is a saying "that the customer is always right"
Many people may be affected by this unpleasantly :greedy_dollars:

stovall
November 28th, 2014, 11:26
Let us bring this discussion back to SSW models. The debate over purchased keys need to be directly between the developer and the purchaser and not aired here. I want to keep this thread open but if the discussion regarding the keys continues the thread will be closed.

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 11:31
Let us bring this discussion back to SSW models. The debate over purchased keys need to be directly between the developer and the purchaser and not aired here. I want to keep this thread open but if the discussion regarding the keys continues the thread will be closed.

You're right, I have finished here
Help is lost!

Zsolt

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 12:01
http://i.imgur.com/lgdZG8q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AaHnVWe.jpg

William Njurmi
November 28th, 2014, 12:38
Well I think this very interesting information to us all and Zsolt is doing us a favour by telling how the matters are.

xpelekis
November 28th, 2014, 13:07
Well... even if it's not the easiest plane to run on your computer (I spent 2 days to figure out how to manually initialize...), is
a demanding plane that I had quite some time to fly in FSX... Currently the only plane that "forces" me to check regularly my speed
and decent rate. My thanks to SSW for the plane, as also zsolt for this excellent HAF skin !...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWvHY781xQ

PLUTO16
November 28th, 2014, 13:09
Well,I think it's time to spend some words (and these,by SSW staff will be the last time) about our policy.
If a user gets a key,it is possible for him to change the key for free for these reasons: hardware upgrade,hardware change,OS change,total PC change,and whatsoever related to a change.
And it's for FREE.
Once again,FREE.
IF a user wants to get an ADDITIONAL key,due to the fact that he uses TWO PC,the second key is 50% discounted.
Same rule for the third key.
This is a rule that SSW applies since it's born,and it's clearly written on our website.
Thanks,
Alessandro.
[edit] From this point of the thread,no further clarificarions will be given concerning installations,problems,ecc. One,because is off topic,and two because all our customers can (and we will be glad if) use the official forum. Just to talk about this point,think about the fact that is surely more efficient talk about a problem (and find the solution) in the right place. The risk of posting a problem in a simulation forum is that the problem could be missed from us (and,maybe,from other users that should have the same problem).
I hope you all will understand our point of view.
Thanks again.

DaveB
November 28th, 2014, 13:53
Talking of keys..

My C: drive was trashed by a virus a couple of days ago. Nothing else was hit and my FSX drive is in tact (though I've had to reinstall FSX to get it into the registry). My plan was to copy the old airplanes folder straight into the new FSX install but.. I remembered the dll. I take it this will mean a new install of the F104G and a new activation key or.. could I simply reinstall it (to get the lines in the dll) and use my current key? The new FSX is on the same drive as before and is using the same name (I renamed the last install).

ATB

ZsoltB
November 28th, 2014, 19:34
Very simple
Because we have an official forum as all the other SH and it is not this one...simply and clear!
Emanuele

Anyway, I put the question to the "simply and clear" SSW forum
15 members saw it, but I did not get answers exist, only that I have a problem?

:mixed-smiley-010:

Zsolt

stovall
November 28th, 2014, 20:01
Looks like the keys discussion has returned. Time to close this one down. The original topic was the SSW Model so we are off topic.