PDA

View Full Version : What Ever Happened

Tom Burnside
November 11th, 2014, 13:46
Before Alphasim became Virtavia I remember them having a Sepecat Jaguar in progress. I was really looking forward to this cause there isnt any decent Jaguars out there for FS9 Alphasims freeware version is good but the afterburner effect isnt that good. So I just want to know what happened.

http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=143603

hschuit
November 11th, 2014, 23:49
In 2012, I contacted one of the guys who was affiliated with Virtavia and he mentioned that the developer (Dave Hanvey) withdrew the project. I also understood that Dave Hanvey was in contact with Razbam then but afaik RAZBAM did not adopt the project.

dhazelgrove
November 12th, 2014, 00:34
Have you looked at the UKMIL Jaguars?

Dave

Blackbird686
November 12th, 2014, 02:14
In 2012, I contacted one of the guys who was affiliated with Virtavia and he mentioned that the developer (Dave Hanvey) withdrew the project. I also understood that Dave Hanvey was in contact with Razbam then but afaik RAZBAM did not adopt the project.

Figures... IMO a "Hanvey" SEPECAT Jaguar for FS would have been a winner. The proof is in the pudding, just look at his Sea Fury. A timeless classic plane for FS that has stayed the course.... and not to mention the number of additional repaints and multiple "packs" that have included Dave's FB11. A few years back I uploaded a couple of 'packages' for CFS2 that included the Hanvey Barry Sea Fury.

As far as the UKMIL version of the Jaguar, I would LOVE to have a go. I tried once to register at that site for the forums and a membership, but I never received a confirmation of acceptance from them. About 6 months later I tried again... same result. There's no joy in Mudville, I reckon. lol!!

BB686:US-flag:

Motormouse
November 12th, 2014, 02:26
Think you can also find the ukmil reworked Jaguar at Simviation, has a new afterburner effect too Mr Burnside.

Ttfn

Pete

Tom Burnside
November 12th, 2014, 03:05
So he got that far with it and withdrew it whats the point hate that Ill try to find the ukmil one I know they did one for FSX shame they dont support FS9 anymore.